ADVERTISEMENT

20 years ago Today!!!!!!

May 10, 2005
September 23,1995 in Blacksburg, VA Your Hokies were in the Big East. They were playing Miami who was also in the Big East. Miami had beaten you repeatedly over the years winning 12 matchups at the time. It all changed on this day when your unranked team UPSET MIAMI 13-7 for your first ever win over the Canes. In the years to follow until now your team has been one who has been a Huge Thorn for the Hurricanes coming from the Big East to the ACC. Miami still leads the series 19-13 but your Coach Frank Beamer himself has a overall record of 13-11 over Miami and 13-7 over since they made this Monumental Win in your school History! ! ! ! ! ! ! So today HOKIE HAVEN AND FANS I wanna salute you and say Happy Anniversary......... I'm a FSU fan and we have a common enemy hope you enjoyed me sharing this with you.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Those Miami teams were wicked good back in those days. The '95 squad was coming off of a MNC game appearance a few months earlier, and absolutely no one saw a VT win coming. Especially after VT started that season 0-2, with the Cincy rain game debacle being one of the ugliest outings in VT history.

It was better days for both programs, actually.

Man, you talk about a team hard to beat - that was FSU. Bowden had our number big time. I remember when we finally lifted the Bowden curse. Of course you went through some rough years then with decline. I have we avoid that with Beamer. He is showing the same tendencies of stubbornness and unwilling to change.

Right swm , I remember back in the dark ages it was the same way. We finally beat them and the head coach from FSU acted like it was his funeral. We have struggled mightily with this team since the fifties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT