ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Football Schedule Finalized

I haven't been worried in years
My point exactly.....I have to say I hate these big split conferences, both VT and UVA avoid Clemson and FSU. Even knowing we both probably lose those games I liked it when you played everyone each year. These unbalanced schedules are a joke.

I prefer the divisions. One can more easily win a division and feel good about the season than win a large conference title. And its one extra game each year.

I prefer the divisions. One can more easily win a division and feel good about the season than win a large conference title. And its one extra game each year.
It's not fair when a team has to play the best or the 2 best teams an another doesn't in the same division.

Everyone should play same schedule in the conference. The NCAA should have never allowed conferences to expand beyond 10 teams. Have everybody play everybody. Then whoever has best record is conference champion.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Everyone should play same schedule in the conference. The NCAA should have never allowed conferences to expand beyond 10 teams. Have everybody play everybody. Then whoever has best record is conference champion.

Over beers last night, me and two other drunks and a designated driver, figured it all out. Six conferences aligned into two divisions of 8 teams each. You play all the teams in your own division (7 games) 2 games against the other division, and 3 non-conference games. Then the six conference championship games. Those six winners plus the two highest ranked others = final 8. Then play it out. Pure drunken genius. The only one who didn't like it was the sober guy who pointed out that the Champ and runner up would play 16 games. Tough on the players, and unfair financial advantage to the 10 - 12 schools that are going to be most of (or all of) the final 8 year in and year out. The rich will only get richer under any plan. Maybe we should let Bernie Sanders run it.

We have FSU and Clemson every year...throw in Notre Dame along with Louisville, Miami, UNC, and unpredictable ECU...and we have a pretty tough challenge next fall.

It did when you played every team in the conference and had a true champion every year......those were the days.
I see your point birdie, it's akin to winning national championships with only 20 teams in the sport.....

Some days I think any team would be better off, scheduling 12 Cupcakes , beat them all and take your chances.

The Big 10 does this often.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT