ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see on the UNC rivals site, the map of Virginia and mining?

TN-Gamecock

Walk-On
May 10, 2002
The state of Virginia for top talent? They, the Tarheels only have 3 of the Top 20 in NC committ d to them....looks like Clemson mined the state of NC pretty well as they may end up with the top recruit a long with 4 others in the top 10 in NC....I thought it funny they can't recruit there own state, why would they think they could raid VA? Here's hoping Fuentes will lock down the Tidewater and Richmond...If he can do that Tech will be back where I want it to be....in the Top 10 in the nation....

With London going to Maryland we now have another coach in the tidewater region to battle with. It will be hard to go to tidewater and not bump into a D1 coach at a restaurant.

It might not be as insane as it might first appear on paper. I remember as a teenager, I could walk into any store in Blacksburg and about the only gear you would ever see was UNC and UVa stuff. Whatever VT gear a store had was tucked away in a small back corner of the room somewhere.

Things have obviously changed over the last 20 years as to where stores display their gear, but I think some of that deep rooted UNC support from times long, long ago might still linger.

Last edited:
It might not be as insane as it might first appear on paper. I remember as a teenager, I could walk into any store in Blacksburg and about the only gear you would ever see was UNC and UVa stuff. Whatever VT gear a store had was tucked away in a small back corner of the room somewhere.
It got that way with UVA stuff until the Basketball team started having success.

Under Bill Dooley and Dick Crum, UNC used to loot and pillage the Commonwealth of Virginia for football players. Those years were also when they had their greatest stretch of prolonged success in football. It was the same at Maryland under Jerry Claiborne and Bobby Ross. Not until George Welsh and later Beamer shut the door to the Holes and Twerps in Virginia did both in-state programs take off.

All coaches should stay the --------out of Virginia until VT completes their recruiting and gets the players they want. If VT could get who they want from the state, VT be a Top 5 team every year. But shady recruiters are snooping around snatching up players.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
All coaches should stay the --------out of Virginia until VT completes their recruiting and gets the players they want. If VT could get who they want from the state, VT be a Top 5 team every year. But shady recruiters are snooping around snatching up players.
I have to say that this is the most humorous post you have ever made HR. Can't stop laughing.

I'll let Bronco know that the state is off limits until VT has filled it's needs......LMAO

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
HR6 is most my fav posters on this board....I think his last comment is causing me to worry that maybe he's had a snoot full...lol....

It burns me up when a player rejects VT for some lesser football school. Makes me think some unethical or illegal recruiting took place.

It burns me up when a player rejects VT for some lesser football school. Makes me think some unethical or illegal recruiting took place.
You need to remember some of these young men care about their education and choose a school that fits their educational needs.

The state of Virginia for top talent? They, the Tarheels only have 3 of the Top 20 in NC committ d to them....looks like Clemson mined the state of NC pretty well as they may end up with the top recruit a long with 4 others in the top 10 in NC....I thought it funny they can't recruit there own state, why would they think they could raid VA? Here's hoping Fuentes will lock down the Tidewater and Richmond...If he can do that Tech will be back where I want it to be....in the Top 10 in the nation....
cheating baby blue bastidges
every last one

I wish the NCAA would crack down on unethical and illegal recruiting. If they would do this many schools would not be as successful in recruiting.
There are some real rogues out there on recruiting trail.

I wish the NCAA would crack down on unethical and illegal recruiting. If they would do this many schools would not be as successful in recruiting.
There are some real rogues out there on recruiting trail.
I agree, just how bad would Alabama be if the recruited legally.....

Alabama may be the most ethical school out there, because they know the naysayers and pundits are watching them.

Alabama may be the most ethical school out there, because they know the naysayers and pundits are watching them.
They can't spell ethics in Alabama......plus the people living there are rednecks, I know because I lived in that shit hole state for 18 long long months.

You need to remember some of these young men care about their education and choose a school that fits their educational needs.
What? I remember about 10 years or so ago a recruit picked UNC because of their colors....I thought that was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard...

What? I remember about 10 years or so ago a recruit picked UNC because of their colors....I thought that was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard...
LOL....I said "some"....then you have the kids that go to Louisville or UNCheat because they can't spell UVA.

Johnathan Allen 5star DE from Leesburg, Va...snatched by Saban
Da'Shaun Hand 5star DE from Woodbridge, Va...snatched by Saban
Korren Kirven 4star OL from Lynchburg, Va...snatched by Saban

Johnathan Allen 5star DE from Leesburg, Va...snatched by Saban
Da'Shaun Hand 5star DE from Woodbridge, Va...snatched by Saban
Korren Kirven 4star OL from Lynchburg, Va...snatched by Saban
LOL....ole Nicky Satan is the first guy that should be stopped at the state line.

Going to Alabama makes more sense than going to most other schools, (UVA included). Some commitments are mind boggling. All instate players that don't go to Bama, should go to VT, (if VT recruited them)

Going to Alabama makes more sense than going to most other schools, (UVA included). Some commitments are mind boggling. All instate players that don't go to Bama, should go to VT, (if VT recruited them)
Wow....so you believe a recruit should only go to VT if Alabama doesn't want them. I believe you have proven you are not the die hard Hokie some believed you to be. We now know you bleed Crimson......

No, that's not what I meant. hard to argue when a recruit picks Alabama over any school in the nation. Alabama has best football program in the NCAA. But when they pick UVA, UNC, Tennessee etc. over VT it makes me wonder of hanky panky isn't taking place out on the trail

Last edited:
No, that's not what I meant. hard to argue when a recruit picks Alabama over any school in the nation. Alabama has best football program in the NCAA. But when they pick UVA, UNC, Tennessee etc. over VT it makes me wonder of hanky panky isn't taking place out on the tail
Hanky panky on the tail........wow, thought for a minute I had pulled up one of those sex sites.

Hoo19 are you sure you and HR6 aren't brothers? By the way HR They go to Bama because that is where they get paid the most. Gene Stallings is the banker.

Not to mention the way Saban does his recruits. Had 4starDT Philon committed to the tide for over a year but after 4starDT Kirven committed he told Philon he no longer had room for him. Of course Philon went on to play in the NFL and Kirven had to switch to OL to get playing time in this his Jr season.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT