ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor deserves the death penalty if allegations proven true

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
If the allegations come out as truthful and there were several women raped in a culture that was provided by, allowed, and even manufactured by the Baylor Athletic Department, then Baylor should be given a very nice 5 year hiatus from college football. I also feel the Athletic Director at the time and Art Briles, if they were truly aware of what was going on and promoted this culture, should be considered liable in any and all civil suits brought on by the alleged victims. There is no chance they will be found guilty or face a criminal court for this. That burden of proof is far to great and there is ZERO chance a DA would touch such a case, but.............as for tort law, civil law? It only takes a preponderance of the evidence and I can assure you, with the media attention and outrage, they will get hammered in a bunch of civil suits and basically, they are both done career wise and financially for the rest of their lives. They will not recover from this, at least from a financial perspective. Ken Starr, the former Baylor President at the time who lost his job will not be found liable in any court. He has the money to fight it and it was likely far below the level that he knew about, but it will effect their former AD. He, along with Briles, will face incredible civil penalties by this.

The above are only my opinions. I have not read the fine details of the matter or each individual claim by the alleged victims. What I am writing is..................if it turns out to be true, Baylor football just became SMU of about 30 years in the future. I know, many think it's fashionable to think, say, or write, "the NCAA will never give the Death Penalty again." Well, you are wrong. When rape is added to the equation, that is a whole other ballgame. It's no longer about who got a great deal on a Ford Mustang, or why the kid has a rolex watch as a true freshman, it's about someone or multiple people being sexually assaulted. That changes things.

Only my opinions....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT