ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer Retiring.....

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
Heard Beamer has told his staff and is meeting with team this afternoon to announce this will be his last season. Let the coaching hunt begin....

Heard Beamer has told his staff and is meeting with team this afternoon to announce this will be his last season. Let the coaching hunt begin....
As a Seminole fan I extend my support in your coaching search. Beamer is a coach that has all my respect, but much like we dealt with in Bobby's end the game has passed him. It shows up in recruiting. Best of luck in your search.

Man it's going to be hard waiting this season out to find out who is the new coach. I believe Babs already has it in the works and has a verbal via an agent. This anticipation is going to kill me.

rich-rodriguez-thumbsup.jpg

Please give Butch Davis a call!!!! Miami Slupers trhink he is the 2nd coming of Christ. Please interview him, hire him, and send Bud Foster our way, so Miami can have use of his defensive genius for a few years

Please give Butch Davis a call!!!! Miami Slupers trhink he is the 2nd coming of Christ. Please interview him, hire him, and send Bud Foster our way, so Miami can have use of his defensive genius for a few years
Never going to happen. While Miami fans think Butch Davis is Christ, VT fans think he is Satan from UNC tenure. Oh, Steve Spurrier did not retire, just resigned. Just saying...

Best wishes to Frank and the Beamer family. Its a bittersweet day for Hokie football fans. I find myself a little teary eyed but relieved that this transition went as smoothly as it did. I originally thought he would stay one more year but after hearing some of his recent interviews something (along with Smitty and Sunny)told me this season would be his last. Physically he just looks tired.

What has he done since leaving WVU...
Rich Rod has a winning record against top 10 teams since he's been at Arizona. You should look at Frank's career record against top 10 teams sometime...if you want a good laugh.

well I hope he gets the proper sendoff he deserves. I am glad it is being done gracefully and with dignity. Even though the game may have passed him by, make no mistake he put VT on the map.

Frank is one of the good guys. I congratulate him for one helluva run. He has always been a class act & will be missed. He has such close relationships & loyalty for his coaches, the fact that many if not all will no longer be at tech has to be very difficult for him. As a fan of the other va school in the acc I have the greatest respect for coach beamer. I wish him all the best.

Frank is one of the good guys. I congratulate him for one helluva run. He has always been a class act & will be missed. He has such close relationships & loyalty for his coaches, the fact that many if not all will no longer be at tech has to be very difficult for him. As a fan of the other va school in the acc I have the greatest respect for coach beamer. I wish him all the best.
Rich Rod would be a super hire for VT. Hope y'all get him. Good luck!!!

Rich Rod has a winning record against top 10 teams since he's been at Arizona. You should look at Frank's career record against top 10 teams sometime...if you want a good laugh.
and he has about as much class as an UNCHEAT football or basketball player...............

Rich Rod would be a super hire for VT. Hope y'all get him. Good luck!!!
Wouldn't want Rich Rod. I would want Bud. AT WORST, I think he'd be a good transition to a young up and coming coach. I think part of the recruiting issue was/is the Beamer Age issue. I'd like to see what Bud could/would do... yes even with Shane and Loeffler.

Wouldn't want Rich Rod. I would want Bud. AT WORST, I think he'd be a good transition to a young up and coming coach. I think part of the recruiting issue was/is the Beamer Age issue. I'd like to see what Bud could/would do... yes even with Shane and Loeffler.
I'm not convinced Bud would be the best HC. Whoever the next HC is, my hope is that they are offensively minded. I do think Bud could continue to be one of the best DCs in the nation, especially with an offense that keeps the defense off the field. I don't see Loeffler staying at VT if the new HC comes from outside of Blacksburg.

Anybody think VT could lure Dan Mullen away from Mississippi State? He's pretty much reached his ceiling in Starkville. Mississippi State is probably the third toughest place to win at in the SEC. Mullen inherited a train wreck and turned it into a perennial Top 25 program. He could win the conference titles in Blacksburg that he can't in Starkville because of the Alabamas, Auburns, and LSUs in his division.

Anybody think VT could lure Dan Mullen away from Mississippi State? He's pretty much reached his ceiling in Starkville. Mississippi State is probably the third toughest place to win at in the SEC. Mullen inherited a train wreck and turned it into a perennial Top 25 program. He could win the conference titles in Blacksburg that he can't in Starkville because of the Alabamas, Auburns, and LSUs in his division.

Good point, but he's not in the top 2 we're after. Espn has VT as the #2 job behind USC so we have options. I think we can do better than RR to be honest and I think we'll get a good one. Things are looking up today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT