ADVERTISEMENT

Bed Fellows for sure unCheat & NCAA

That article made me so mad, I could not finish reading it after NCAA said things happened it could not control.

Bull manure. If NCAA would punish violators hard enough, they could control it. Make cheating punishments so harsh that schools will not think of cheating. Issue a 5 year post season ban, loss of TV games, and loss of scholarships, then cheating would stop.

I find it comical that the NCAA has to make sure that the high school classes are legit but not the college classes. Some stupid folks running that organization.

And in the never ending "UNC is a cesspool" department...

Whistleblower lawsuit alleges UNC-CH housekeepers traded sex for jobs

In the federal lawsuit, which was filed Thursday, Clifton Leon Webb is seeking to get his old job back, along with the pay he lost and other damages.

Webb alleges that he blew the whistle repeatedly between 2007 and 2011 about the "illegal employment practices" of his supervisor, director of housekeeping Bill Burston. The lawsuit states that Burston would fire black housekeepers and hire Asian women to fill the jobs in exchange for sexual favors.
kisses.r191677.gif

Webb was fired in January 2014, and his lawsuit contends the move violated his due process and free speech rights and amounted to unfair discipline.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission reviewed his case and issued a notice of right to sue in December.

And of course...UNC-Chapel Hill officials declined to comment on the pending litigation.

This post was edited on 3/31 10:40 AM by PACKed House

With the work already done for them the NCAA has started their investigation of UNC last summer. What the heck are they doing?
My opinion is that they are working very hard with UNC to try to find the best way to do as a little damage as possible to UNC while maintaining some semblance of having thoroughly done their job of investigating.
Lets face it, they blew the first investigation . They should have come to a viable conclusion on this one long ago.

Originally posted by leeanderthal:
With the work already done for them the NCAA has started their investigation of UNC last summer. What the heck are they doing?
My opinion is that they are working very hard with UNC to try to find the best way to do as a little damage as possible to UNC while maintaining some semblance of having thoroughly done their job of investigating.
Lets face it, they blew the first investigation . They should have come to a viable conclusion on this one long ago.
This^^

What needs to happen is the wuffie media and the wuffie IT guys need to uncover some communication and push for fed investigation of the ncaa's investigation, the first one and the current one, and uncover the ncaa bias and agenda/conspiracy/collusion with it's golden goose. Don't we all know it's there or am I living in the matrix?

If there's anyone in nation doing worst job than NCAA President, or ACC Commissioner, I do not want to know.

At the time the players knew they were getting free grades to play but they still were kids for the most part.

They were young adults who were away from home, perhaps for the first time in
their lives, and in almost complete control and guidance of educated and trained professionals at that University.

They were enticed to join the UNC family and to grasp the The Chapel Hill mindset and many, but not all, took the easy way out in order to play sports.

But that is the job of teachers, guidance counselors, and coaches to show the right way, not the easy way.

Shame on the NCAA and UNC for putting ANY blame on young people when they were under the instruction and guidance of trained professionals at UNC!

Because of those individuals who conspired to keep the sports engine going, no matter what, no degree for any athlete from UNC from that time period means anything now. And a degree for non-athletes doesn't have it's original luster either.

This post was edited on 3/31 11:29 PM by BigDaddyHokie

The NCAA sure didn't turn a blind eye to FSU's cheating scandal. What is the difference in the two? But I should add UNC has not gotten off easy. They have been tarred and feathered and drug through the muck the past 4 years and it's still going. Most people that pay attention to sports are well aware of the real Carolina Way!
This post was edited on 3/31 9:54 PM by Otis4411

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

If there's anyone in nation doing worst job than NCAA President, or ACC Commissioner, I do not want to know.

Google nuclear deal with Iran. [shrug]

The NCAA needs to shi$t can Mark Emmert. What a "hole" he is digging. If the NCAA no longer cares about academics then all schools should just keep their athletes from class and just give them A's for being at practice as UNC is doing. It's amazing to me how the BOG's were so concerned about academics in the ACC here in North Carolina in the early 90's when they had their chance to attack NC State. Really this is funny. This house of cards is going to fall. Nice job of reporting by CNN.

The NCAA is about one thing: money

Money should not be their primary goal. Their primary goal should be playing the sport and trying to win championships. That's what it's all about.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

The NCAA is about one thing: money

Money should not be their primary goal. Their primary goal should be playing the sport and trying to win championships. That's what it's all about.
Amen to this.

UNCheat should receive their NOA from the NCAA this summer. Probably right after the SACS report comes out.

Originally posted by PACKed House:
UNCheat should receive their NOA from the NCAA this summer. Probably right after the SACS report comes out.
No one will be any more surprised than I if the NCAA for just this once would do the right thing. Funny, they made a decision on PSU with information from another party and they made it quickly. They are truly an organization that has lost almost all of their self respect.

I am just reading last week's newspapers and I found this headline:

11 former Atlanta educators convicted in cheating scandal

We're talking felonies all.

They were falsifying test results to collect bonuses or keep their jobs. A total of 180 educators were involved in 44 schools.

At least the buck stops at someone's desk in GA.

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
I am just reading last week's newspapers and I found this headline:

11 former Atlanta educators convicted in cheating scandal

We're talking felonies all.

They were falsifying test results to collect bonuses or keep their jobs. A total of 180 educators were involved in 44 schools.

At least the buck stops at someone's desk in GA.
Seems the whole country is run that way so no surprise there.
2ymwzgj.jpg

This post was edited on 4/12 11:23 PM by SunnyBeachWave

In the NCAA's investigation, UNC-Chapel Hill is a partner

Six months after a report recounting 18 years of academic fraud at UNC-Chapel Hill, few clues have emerged as to where the NCAA is headed with its investigation.
But contacts with at least two potential witnesses show the NCAA is treating UNC as a partner in the case, despite the previous efforts UNC mounted to convince the NCAA and the public that the fraud had no athletic motive.
In one circumstance, the NCAA received documents from a former graduate school admissions director, Cheryl Thomas, that showed a football player had been admitted and given a fourth year of eligibility despite a low GPA and no entrance exam. It forwarded the documents to a lawyer representing UNC, emails show. The lawyer then sought to interview her.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article18880224.html#storylink=cpy

"It doesn't make rational sense," said Donna Lopiano, a former director of women's athletics at the University of Texas. "I know the institution does have an obligation under NCAA rules to assess itself and report a violation. But as soon as the NCAA comes in, I don't understand the university's participation."
She and others have criticized the NCAA's handling of the UNC case. For more than two years, the NCAA accepted the university's position that the fraud wasn't about athletics because non-athletes were also in the fake classes and received the same high grades.
But Kenneth Wainstein's investigation last fall found athlete eligibility at the heart of the scandal. The former federal prosecutor said that Deborah Crowder, an administrative aide who managed the African studies department, created the fake classes in 1993 after academic counselors for athletes complained that her boss' independent studies were too rigorous.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article18880224.html#storylink=cpy

Link

Did anybody see Yahoo's article on UNCheats new uniforms? It said they will give them a "clean look":rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT