ADVERTISEMENT

Bucky NFL future

RB4

Freshman
Mar 7, 2004
I'm hearing a lot of Bucky mentions with this year's draft. I think he may end up being projected in top 2 rounds so he may be gone. What sucks for VT is if none leaves early, the Offense would return some HEAVY hitters next year that could really make push at a play-off. But I guess this is a good problem to have when it comes to the eyes of recruits they want to go somewhere that can get them to the NFL. Ford still could go as well but I do not think he will have a top 2 round grade this draft and he seems like a very smart player and does not really seem to have severe financial need at home. Ford will be one of the top WRs in next draft. Bucky would be the #1 TE prospect and almost certainly a lottery pick if he returns but if he was to leave with a top 2 round grade then I see nothing wrong with that. I do think he needs to work on his hands just a bit tho. He is more of a body catcher, and he has dropped some really easy balls well within his catch radius.

If these boys ball out the rest of the season with a lot of eye balls starting to check out this program they both could be gone.. ND, and Clemson (if they make acccg) will be very scout heavy games.

Bucky's good, but I don't see him as an NFL tight end, and I'm not sure about his gifts as a receiver. There are quite a few good ones in college. OJ Howard is very impressive.

I think Ford is an NFL receiver and would be good to go after this season. Bucky could use another year in my opinion.

I don't blame either for leaving early to give up their bodies for money, rather than our beloved school. But I hope each stays and has more fun as we find and train their replacements.

Reactions: bschroed
I think Bucky we'll be OK in the NFL. He'll have to improve in a lot of categories, get stronger, work on his speed, but his size alone might make him fit into the game. Reminds me a little of Jimmy Graham, just a little bit lighter. Graham never seemed to be moving real fast but he's deceptive. And a nightmare match up and in the Big Leagues it's all about match ups. Graham was picked in the third round. My guess is that he goes.

I think Bucky we'll be OK in the NFL. He'll have to improve in a lot of categories, get stronger, work on his speed, but his size alone might make him fit into the game. Reminds me a little of Jimmy Graham, just a little bit lighter. Graham never seemed to be moving real fast but he's deceptive. And a nightmare match up and in the Big Leagues it's all about match ups. Graham was picked in the third round. My guess is that he goes.
he needs to learn how to catch with his hands

Todd McShay's list of top 5 at each position has Ford as #4 WR, Bucky Hodges as #3 TE.. We very well lose both... Will suck because this team has Playoff potential with everyone back.. but thats how it goes. The TN and Syracuse games bit us this year. both should have been won..

he needs to learn how to catch with his hands
VT vs GT the ball bounced off Hodges' helmet. he needs to learn to go high with his hands. Not NFL ready. Got stripped by a much smaller DB. No, he's not ready for the big league.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT