ADVERTISEMENT

Buzz has to be in the discussion for coach of the year

GT and Pitt have a better RPI and BPI, more quality wins and fewer bad losses than VaTech. Basically they have a better resume.
Pitt has only beaten one ranked team all year (#15 Duke). They might have a better RPI and BPI than VT has, but they sure as hell don't have as many (or as good) quality wins.

I haven't looked up GT's schedule, but I doubt very seriously that have more (or better) quality wins, either. I'll be mildly surprised if they beat any ranked teams at all, since they didn't seem to me to be very good this year.

I am not talking about being voted in the top 25 but rather just a single vote of recognition, even from ACC peer coaches, for Buzz's upward trajecting season, especially when compared to those in the current ranking receiving just one vote.

Like I said it will take a minimum of two wins and even that will be a very hard sell. The only sure way to get there is to win out. I'm actually amused we are even having this conversation because after the way we started I didn't think we would end up where we are. I thought the NIT would be a stretch and would still be very happy with that.

I am not talking about being voted in the top 25 but rather just a single vote of recognition, even from ACC peer coaches, for Buzz's upward trajecting season, especially when compared to those in the current ranking receiving just one vote.
To be listed with one vote in the AP or coaches poll means one of the poll voters had to vote you number 25 on their ballot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT