ADVERTISEMENT

Buzz not getting it done this year, so far.

I do not think anyone on this team has shown the heart of Leday (last year) or the head of Allen (last year). That is really what is missing from this year's team. They only have a few weeks to find someone with a heart and a head. It can still happen (maybe tonight). They also need to be much more consistent on both defense and offense. We need to win 6 of the remaining 8 regular season games to lock up a spot in the NCAA.
I definitely agree with the 6-2 finish to have a good shot at the NCAA tourney. Probably won't be able to be one and done in the ACC tourney though...

Been lurking this year. Wondering where this team was going. And listening to how great the Cavs are and where Bennett has taken the Hoos to new heights. I had to laugh when I heard one of the commentators say it last night. Anybody remember Terry Holland? Didn't he take UVA to the Final Four and then took them again without Sampson and with Othel Wilson at guard? I defy anyone to do that again or maybe I'm wrong, my memory isn't what it used to be. Point is, UVA has a history of great basketball, VT is just getting used to any success.

Buzz will be fine. The Hokies can't stand to lose any contributors, neither can most teams, so when Outlaw and Sy weren't available that was a major blow,especially to our depth. Consequently, Wilson has had to play major minutes and he can't contribute much O. Sy will be back next year and he'll be needed as will some other good talent,I think Outlaw has used up his eligibility, don't know. This team is coming around, Robinson is the Man and he's finally accepting that role. UVA is still really good and and unless they get one of their main shooters hurt(Guy or Jerome), they''ll be fine too. The thing I worry about UVA is teams are starting to learn how to guard them.
They play O like the GS Warriors, inside out. They want the 3 and play for the 3. You have to guard them for the 3 first and if you limit those good looks, you can stay with them,that's what we did. You want them to shoot 2s. Most teams don't have one good point guard, they have two,really three with Hall. They have peaked early as usual and when they run into a Big 10 type team that is really physical and strong, watch out. Salt and Diakite are going to have to step up.

Thing about it is, this isn't your normal ACC season,there are a lot of the middle of the pack teams that can beat each other. VT is one of them. We'll see where Robinson can take us. I like our players(I always imagine what Clark would be like out at receiver in football), Blackshear is doing fine but he's finesse. I'd love to see more consistency from Hill and Bibbs but if we can somehow end up at 6th or 7th in the ACC we'll get in. Watch out for Duke and UNC as usual.

As long as Buzz is sweating we're good

All the Hokies showed a lot of "heart" in the win against UVA. Down 4 in OT with a minute to go and somehow pulled off the win. I liked KJ shooting the 3's (even though he missed all of them). You have to take what the defense gives you. Just wasn't his day from the 3 line. Really liked his aggressive play inside and Robinsons drives. But to be honest, VT should have won this in regulation (made a couple of mental mistakes down the stretch). I expect Wednesday game to be in the 80's.

He should get 4 technical fouls a game for not staying in the coaches box. Most immature acting coach in college basketball

Well, we took a giant step back tonight. I think Duke has more talent than anyone in the league and we just got flat intimidated tonight and looked lethargic. Hopefully we can do better at home in a couple weeks, but I can't believe this team beat UVA tonight. Maybe Buzz should have gotten a T early on to fire the players up. Blackshear and Clarke weren't aggressive and Robinson
just got shut down. The foul line jumper was open a good bit for us.

Why was Robinson taken out at the first minute of the second half? How many foul shots did we shoot. How many times did Duke get tap out rebounds? Even though Duke is loaded I thought we had a chance tonight because of Bagley being out,boy, was I wrong. Good time for Horne to get playing time.

Buzz, please get a big man.

Well, we took a giant step back tonight. I think Duke has more talent than anyone in the league and we just got flat intimidated tonight and looked lethargic. Hopefully we can do better at home in a couple weeks, but I can't believe this team beat UVA tonight. Maybe Buzz should have gotten a T early on to fire the players up. Blackshear and Clarke weren't aggressive and Robinson
just got shut down. The foul line jumper was open a good bit for us.

Why was Robinson taken out at the first minute of the second half? How many foul shots did we shoot. How many times did Duke get tap out rebounds? Even though Duke is loaded I thought we had a chance tonight because of Bagley being out,boy, was I wrong. Good time for Horne to get playing time.

Buzz, please get a big man.
Not surprised at the lose, but was very surprised at the effort. This VT team is such a Jekyll/Hyde team.....

I don’t agree that the team didn’t play with effort. There might have been a drop off in effort late when the game was out of reach but this game was more about how Duke played tonight than about our effort. I thought we played well defensively for a good part of the game. But its hard to beat Duke at Duke when they make 15 3s, many of which were contested. We did get hurt on second chance points allowed though, maybe we are a little jeckyll/hydish in that respect. Offensively we were out of synch at times, particularly in the second half. No fouls were being called on Duke when we went at the rim. That hurts VT. Thought we were a little more out of control in the paint than usual too. Not a great offensive night.

Lack of fouls being called against Duke's opponents in Durham. That would never happen. The refs never favor Duke at home. Where have you been for the last 20 yeas?

VT looking good against GT......a game that winning doesn’t help a lot but losing would not be good.

VT looking good against GT......a game that winning doesn’t help a lot but losing would not be good.

Winning on the road in the ACC always helps! Now we can breathe a little bit with a 3-game stretch at home. I think any 2 of those gets us in, pretty much. Buzz has got these kids dialed in, I think.

It would have really hurt if we lost it, adding a second “bad loss”. Adds to the overall win total we need to reach too. We may not be favored in any of our last 4 games. I think we will win at least 2 of them though.

All wins at this point of the season help. Buzz had them ready to go today. Very nice workmanlike response to the Duke game. Buzz gettin’ it done.

It would have really hurt if we lost it, adding a second “bad loss”. Adds to the overall win total we need to reach too. We may not be favored in any of our last 4 games. I think we will win at least 2 of them though.

All wins at this point of the season help. Buzz had them ready to go today. Very nice workmanlike response to the Duke game. Buzz gettin’ it done.
You win 2 and you are definitely in. One more might do it...

Ohhh sheeeiiitte, Dixson V and Joe Linarski bcame a Hoo.. Hay Hoo, thanx for da danse knowledge. Hay Hoo......ur condoms smell of manfarts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT