ADVERTISEMENT

Buzz Williams, Coach of the Year?

VT33

New Recruit
Feb 1, 2006
Dino Gaudio was on ESPN last night with his picks of the season in the ACC and he gave coach of the year to ........ Roy Williams ?! What? Make no mistake, UNC is loaded(again) and has had some under performing games this year(check out the UVA/UNC game last night). Who should be Coach of the Year in the ACC?My pick is Buzz with Josh Pastner coming in second.

With all the Hokies adversities and lack of inside presence, I think Buzz has done the most with what he has had this year. Especially with Tech's continued success with Clark going out. Pastner has made Georgia Tech competitive with lesser talent than most and they have gotten better all season. Any other thoughts on this?

At the early part of the year, I thought it might be Leonard Hamilton, but FSU has hit a slide here recently and they look more undisciplined than in the beginning of the ACC schedule.

I mentioned this on another thread, so I will add it here. My pick is Roy Williams. UNC lost Johnson and Paige, and clinched the top seed in an amazingly tough conference. Yes, they have talent, but it is not like they are loaded with NBA lottery picks.

I am not a fan of Roy, and I think they should be on probation, but I call it like I see it, and he should be the coach of the year in the ACC this year.

Mine is Brey or Hamilton. I had Hamilton earlier, but Brey has closed the gap and with the win over FSU earlier for ND, I have Brey slightly ahead. Either way, I think both are 1 and 2.

Tied for 3rd are Larranaga and Buzz, but same here, VT has got hot down the stretch and I would put Buzz slightly ahead of Larranaga.

ND has no business being tied for 2nd in the ACC and only one game back from Carolina with what they lost. Brey is coaching out of his mind and the emergence of Farrell as one of the best point guards in America from the previous season of only being a role player is remarkable. Finally, most people love or hate ND. I am some where in the middle. I don't really care or feel strong one way or the other, but.............I always here fans complain about how ND gets love from the media, or ND always has unfair help, etc. In this case, where is the outrage? The guy is largely not talked about for ACC Coach of the Year. This is an example of where ND is getting the shaft. They are to far away geographically from the ACC and I think it may be playing a part here. I think Brey should actually be up for national coach of the year. I'm not saying he deserves to be the absolute national coach of the year, but yes, I think he should be considered.

I'd go with Buzz, Brey or Pastner, honestly, probably giving an edge to Brey. I'd have no complaints about Buzz getting it either, though, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT