ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Coach Young and team on a road ACC BB win

Nice win. Not sure we will get many more ACC road wins this year. We are too small and too young. A great start to the ACC season. Like the way the team played hard to the end. Good foul shooting in the second half..

When he was hired, I thought that if Coach Young were any good, he would be part of a major program by now. I also doubted his ability to recruit big-time talent. Well, he has proven me wrong and shown to all of us that he can coach and recruit just as well if not better than the guy who ditched us for greener pastures 6 months ago. And so, Coach Young, please accept my apologies for doubting your abilities. While this was just one game, the way you prepared this inexperienced and young team has shown to me that you know how to coach. I know this will be a tough year as this team is just too young and lacks depth, but I am convinced that this program is in good hands under your leadership. And like us diehard fans, you are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:
That indeed was a nice victory for the Hokies last night at Clemson. When Buzz left for A&M, I thought VT would go after a bigger name. The hiring of Coach Young caught me by surprise as I’m sure it did all of Hokie Nation. One thing is for sure: the guy can coach and has demonstrated that with his success at Wofford. With his ties to the NRV, he was a perfect fit for the job. I don’t think you will have to worry about him being interested in other jobs or fearing that he would potentially leave for greener pastures.

When he was hired, I thought that if Coach Young were any good, he would be part of a major program by now. I also doubted his ability to recruit big-time talent. Well, he has proven me wrong and shown to all of us that he can coach and recruit just as well if not better than the guy who ditched us for greener pastures 6 months ago. And so, Coach Young, please accept my apologies for doubting your abilities. While this was just one game, the way you prepared this inexperienced and young team has shown to me that you know how to coach. I know this will be a tough year as this team is just too young and lacks depth, but I am convinced that this program is in good hands under your leadership. And like us diehard fans, you are not going anywhere anytime soon.
Classy 'apology' Hokiepoke. I knew he was a good coach... but like many wondered about his ability to recruit the level of talent needed to be successful in the ACC. Glad to say Young & staff allayed my concerns with the remarkable rebuilding job in the first three months. Two 4* in 2019 with two 3* plus two transfers - simply outstanding under the circumstances. With two 4* committed for 2020, if we can add a big man for this class the building blocks for success will have been set in place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT