ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo Swinney

Looking forward to a great game Sat night. Clemson shows up for big games and a big part of that is the mindset that Dabo Swinney has ingrained into his team's head.

Reactions: Jokes On You
Trust me, you don't want Dumbo (he is known in the area as Dumbo) over Beamer or anybody else for that matter. The guy was hired by Tommy B only because of his recruiting credentials, and later promoted to HC so he can keep the recruiting going. He cannot coach the '85 Bears to a win over the 2014 Jaguars. The moment his assistants leave, he is finished. This is according to people who know him pretty well. There are better, much better options out there.
The beauty of the new format. Allows you to look at gems like this.

This thread was started in 2014 - before Clemson's back-to-back title game appearances.

Dabo's rep at the time was that of a great recruiter who fielded massively talented teams that didn't win important games (like Fedora at UNC). Even so, many of the original responses back then were pretty positive towards his coaching ability.

Of course, fast forward three years...and now the entire thread becomes mostly moot. Winning a national title tends to put an end to such arguments. I think this thread was brought back from the dead because things have changed quite significantly in the last 2 years concerning Dabo's place in the national coaching hierarchy.
It’s not moot when rivals allows you to go find a thread. It’s Sports History 101.

Trust me, you don't want Dumbo (he is known in the area as Dumbo) over Beamer or anybody else for that matter. The guy was hired by Tommy B only because of his recruiting credentials, and later promoted to HC so he can keep the recruiting going. He cannot coach the '85 Bears to a win over the 2014 Jaguars. The moment his assistants leave, he is finished. This is according to people who know him pretty well. There are better, much better options out there.

You can't be serious. The guy is 33-2 in their last 35 Games, has won 10 games 6 years in a row, been to to the college football playoff two years in a row, and beat Alabama to win the National Championship last year. Not to mention he is now making over $6M a year.

Reactions: TigersProw1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT