ADVERTISEMENT

Dadi

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
Why wasn't Dadi thrown out when he slapped the refs arm yesterday? I would have thought that would have been an automatic ejection and possible suspension. They threw the flag so no doubt the ref knew he did it, anyone know the rule.

Why wasn't Dadi thrown out when he slapped the refs arm yesterday? I would have thought that would have been an automatic ejection and possible suspension. They threw the flag so no doubt the ref knew he did it, anyone know the rule.
. He inadvertently hit the refs arm (he said) because the center moved the ball causing him to jump. Don't know the rule about referee contact but I would think it would have to be flagrant to warrant being thrown out and/or suspended.

nothing inadvertant..with his actions at all! should have been tossed and suspended.no place in the game for this kinda action..period no exceptions

nothing inadvertant..with his actions at all! should have been tossed and suspended.no place in the game for this kinda action..period no exceptions
Wasn't tossed, wasn't suspended. Guess the hoos will have to deal with him.

I thought that kind of thing was an automatic ejection? I don't know why Cherry didn't toss him, but the league might issue a suspension anyway once they look at it tomorrow.

Please it was a crap call to begin with guys stood up because unc jumped he was upset because it seemed like a bad call...after doing it he looked like he didn't know he made contact...Ron cherry did enough just by throwing a flag...we never have real problems with Dadi his emotions just got the best of him.

Please it was a crap call to begin with guys stood up because unc jumped he was upset because it seemed like a bad call...after doing it he looked like he didn't know he made contact...Ron cherry did enough just by throwing a flag...we never have real problems with Dadi his emotions just got the best of him.

What does the accuracy of the call have to do with temper tantrums? There is zero excuse for touching a ref ever while having a hissy fit, and he should have been ejected immediately.

Reactions: RB4 and Louigi
I'm REALLY saying I could careless what he did was kind of weak...lol call me when he slugs an official in the face...God knows that far worse have happened both physically and verbally to officials then that...

I'm REALLY saying I could careless what he did was kind of weak...lol call me when he slugs an official in the face...God knows that far worse have happened both physically and verbally to officials then that...
Like I said the flag was enough football can be an emotional sport Dadi lost his head for a minute and that's all that happened he hit /touched his arm...

SBW is correct. Dadi should have been ejected on the spot. Cherry should also have ejected the replay booth ( they sucked to the hilt all day) and the official who missed about ten flagrant holding calls on Ekanem as well as the bad call that awarded us the ball on an alledged UNC fumble and a TD pass that wasn't a TD pass. These guys screw up the game when they are this bad.

SBW is correct. Dadi should have been ejected on the spot. Cherry should also have ejected the replay booth ( they sucked to the hilt all day) and the official who missed about ten flagrant holding calls on Ekanem as well as the bad call that awarded us the ball on an alledged UNC fumble and a TD pass that wasn't a TD pass. These guys screw up the game when they are this bad.
When they gave us the ball on the Williams fumble from his elbow hitting the ground, I knew right then someone in an official capacity was for VT in this one. That was ridiculous.

When they gave us the ball on the Williams fumble from his elbow hitting the ground, I knew right then someone in an official capacity was for VT in this one. That was ridiculous.

Thank you. I thought that was a terrible call. Now granted, the Davis touchdown in OT was also suspect. But that first fumble on Williams was the worst call of the day. Ron Cherry is an embarrassment.

With respect to Dadi (I vote he should have been ejected for going by the name "Dadi"), while I didn't think it was terribly egregious and I think he was immediately sorry for doing it, contact with a ref is an automatic ejection.

You must not have ever played sports.

Thank you. I thought that was a terrible call. Now granted, the Davis touchdown in OT was also suspect. But that first fumble on Williams was the worst call of the day. Ron Cherry is an embarrassment.

With respect to Dadi (I vote he should have been ejected for going by the name "Dadi"), while I didn't think it was terribly egregious and I think he was immediately sorry for doing it, contact with a ref is an automatic ejection.

Yea, what's the point of playing the game if it ain't fair? You win some calls and you lose some and sometimes it's "whew we got over that time" on close ones, but that was embarrassingly obvious and someone should have to answer for it.

...while I didn't think it was terribly egregious and I think he was immediately sorry for doing it, contact with a ref is an automatic ejection.
That's what I've always heard, but maybe I've always heard wrong? There has to be some reason for why he didn't get the boot.

You must not have ever played sports.

You must have never played sports oh I can say the same about you internet tough guy what does that have to do with a call that has nothing to do with either one of us lol...but incase you need to know I played both basketball and football started in both wasn't good enough to play at the next level takes more than I had lol...but just tired of corrupt officiating in sports...Ron cherry realized dadi made a mistake had an emotional hissy fit but he didn't feel it warranted ejecting him from the game...to me it's no biggie...

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
You must have never played sports oh I can say the same about you internet tough guy what does that have to do with a call that has nothing to do with either one of us lol...but incase you need to know I played both basketball and football started in both wasn't good enough to play at the next level takes more than I had lol...but just tired of corrupt officiating in sports...Ron cherry realized dadi made a mistake had an emotional hissy fit but he didn't feel it warranted ejecting him from the game...to me it's no biggie...

I'm relatively sure you didn't attend English class.

How does my relating your lack of knowledge on the seriousness of contact with an official equate to being an internet tough guy? There is a difference between accidental contact and intentional/incidental contact while flailing angrily from momentary rage and failing to control one's emotions. The latter is unacceptable, period, and always has been a serious transgression in all youth sports.

You can point, glare and wave your hands all you want but once you touch, poke, grab, slap....you've lost your argument. It's a subtle attempt to bully people in to "seeing" their current perspective in other life situations, relationships, conversations, etc.

People with anger issues who do that type of thing in a heated debate would probably say it's no big deal, although they know better; Nobody wants to admit they have anger issues.... Are you mad bro?

Beamer's tolerance for on the field transgressions is one thing that I hope the new head coach won't let skate by. I expect better from Hokie teams.

Even if he wasn't ejected, Beamer should have sat him down and given him a good talking to on the side-line. That's one of the things I find missing in Beamer's legacy. Even if it didn't warrant ejection by the officials, he could have at least sat out ....

EDIT: Just read that he's sitting out the 1st half against UVA. While I still think Frank's been a little soft at times with on the field conduct, I have to respect that he doesn't jump to conclusions and talked with Dadi before handing out a suspension. #HatsofftoFrank

Last edited:
I give FB credit on the punishment for Dadi's actions. No matter if the call was right or wrong you can't and shouldn't slap at an official. I bet Dadi felt pretty bad after he realized what he did, I believe one half was a good call.

Reactions: Salemite
How does my relating your lack of knowledge on the seriousness of contact with an official equate to being an internet tough guy? There is a difference between accidental contact and intentional/incidental contact while flailing angrily from momentary rage and failing to control one's emotions. The latter is unacceptable, period, and always has been a serious transgression in all youth sports.

You can point, glare and wave your hands all you want but once you touch, poke, grab, slap....you've lost your argument. It's a subtle attempt to bully people in to "seeing" their current perspective in other life situations, relationships, conversations, etc.

People with anger issues who do that type of thing in a heated debate would probably say it's no big deal, although they know better; Nobody wants to admit they have anger issues.... Are you mad bro?
No man I am not mad I am just ready to see what we are gonna do about this coaching situation...who are they gonna hire etc?

I have no problem with you my man online arguments mean nothing. I agree with you Dadi was wrong for doing that and it looks like he got a little suspension it is what it is. obviously I don't think it was all that bad...At this point I'm just ready to see us back on the field vs uva hoping for a win and a bowl birth...

Suspension? He should have slapped Cherry in the back of the head. It might have cleared his blurred vision so he could get a damn call right. Ron Cherry has never been hokie friendly, glad Dadi "gave him the business".

Agreed. Football is an emotional game and it has nothing to do with anger management. Those who have played or coached pee wee football have no clue.

Yeah, but even coaching sportsmanship starts in pee wee. After looking at the replay a bunch, there is no way at all that was an accident. He was being a bad sport and he knows better. He deserved a suspension and some time to think about how it reflects on himself, the team, and the school.

He was aware enough to step around the end of Ron Cherry's outstretched arm as he walked by and even looked at him. He lost his cool and it cost the team -- he should have to pay the price.

I'm still curious as to why Cherry didn't toss him to begin with. That's a clearly (and immediately) ejectable offense. Maybe Cherry didn't see it coming so it didn't know for sure whether it was an accident or not?

I found it. After watching it, I think it was an accident in that he did not know the Ref's arm was extended.

Now I would like to see a replay of the alledged offsides.

Reactions: hokiegobbler00
I found it. After watching it, I think it was an accident in that he did not know the Ref's arm was extended.

Now I would like to see a replay of the alledged offsides.
Must be tough going through life as a complete homer not understanding right from wrong.

Two more thoughts:

Ron Cherry should not have been calling game.
Dadi was not offsides.

Just another example of poor ACC Officials.

Ron Cherry is terrible. I agree. ACC officials are by and large, a bad bunch. I agree. Dadi was probably not offsides. I agree. But that makes no difference whatsoever. If you're ok with Dadi hitting the ref for getting a call wrong, then I guess you'd be ok with the entire duke team lopping the heads off of the crew that worked the Miami game. Refs get calls wrong in every single game. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. In no way does that give a player (or coach) an excuse to make contact with a ref. It's an attempt to intimidate and bully and it cannot be allowed to happen.

As I stated above, I don't think Dadi is a bad guy and I think he felt stupid for doing it and terrible about the impact on his team as soon as he did it. But had Cherry let it go, you could expect to see players assaulting officials before too long.

What does the accuracy of the call have to do with temper tantrums? There is zero excuse for touching a ref ever while having a hissy fit, and he should have been ejected immediately.

Agreed, no excuses for touching the ref. Glad to see that Beamer is sitting him for 1st half of boohoo game.

Contrast the 1/2 game suspension with Urban's ONE game suspension of JT Barrett for evading police so he would not get busted for driving under influence - which Barrett pleaded guilty to. Seems in osu BS land that potentially injuring innocent pedestrians/drivers while driving under the influence poses only 2X the threat of DE throwing a tantrum of field surrounded by other BA players, coaches and police. I wonder if Barrett was driving a new car innocently provided by car dealership at no cost - as in the Jim Tressell days of buckeye chicanery?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT