ADVERTISEMENT

Does the UMBC win

Take it from us: that begins to ring hollow at some point.

Ring hollow? How has that worked out for you the past 7 years? How foolish of any VT fan to not enjoy and appreciate ACC titles in 04, 07, 08, and 10. Just like it would be awfully foolish of a UVA fan to not enjoy their ACC title this year.
Congrats on a great season, Hoos19. How impressive to beat Louisville, Clemson, and UNC on consecutive nights, while VT was busy losing its first game to a 10 seed that did not even make the tourney.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Ring hollow? How has that worked out for you the past 7 years? How foolish of any VT fan to not enjoy and appreciate ACC titles in 04, 07, 08, and 10. Just like it would be awfully foolish of a UVA fan to not enjoy their ACC title this year.
And yet another over-reaction from the resident drama queen, upon return from his sulking. Do you seriously think he didn’t enjoy those titles? Lighten up dude, you are as stiff as a 2 X 4.

Typical reply. You and your buddy sure can dish it out, but seem to whine a lot in return. Sulking? That would be you crying about officiating after the coach and team you seem to crown every year again fails to make any noise.

Typical reply. You and your buddy sure can dish it out, but seem to whine a lot in return. Sulking? That would be you crying about officiating after the coach and team you seem to crown every year again fails to make any noise.
Ha, I don’t care if you don’t like my posts, but the only one I see “dishing anything out” is you. Everybody else here enjoy good natured banter and are respectful with each other, unlike your aggressive, “internet police” type posting style.

Congrats on a great season, Hoos19. How impressive to beat Louisville, Clemson, and UNC on consecutive nights, while VT was busy losing its first game to a 10 seed that did not even make the tourney.

Really, kank, you're so eager to go on the attack it's like you willfully misrepresent stuff. Who said I didn't appreciate those titles or that UVa should not appreciate their ACC titles? Of course I'm thrilled whenever we win the ACC in football, and of course UVa should be thrilled when they win the ACC in basketball. My point is that when you use your titles to provide relief after either a devastating loss (UVa being the first 1 to lose to a 16), or a disappointing loss (VT losing close or lopsided BCS games), it becomes more or less a trained coping response that feels more and more hollow with each renewal. Nowhere am I suggesting that our run of titles was not enjoyable, nor that what UVa did this year was not extraordinary. But program expectations don't just level off permanently at a certain point, and it's human to expect more with sustained excellence.

Ha, I don’t care if you don’t like my posts, but the only one I see “dishing anything out” is you. Everybody else here enjoy good natured banter and are respectful with each other, unlike your aggressive, “internet police” type posting style.

I think it's pretty obvious that 4700 is pckank and if it's not it's a hell of an impersonation. From the pedantic picking apart of simple statements, to kneejerk wall-of-text responses to one-liners, as well as pretty aggressively attacking fellow Hokie fans for inoffensive posts, it's the same exact shtick.

Also, seriously, who is dishing anything out? We've been extremely complimentary of Bennett and UVa and I'd kill to experience the kind of success they're having on a consistent basis there.

Last edited:
Anyone who has been a Hokie football fan for very long wouldn’t question Heak’s comment, we know immediately what he means. Its not even worth talking about, his point was well taken and not meant to be critical of the Hoo’s accomplishments in basketball his year. 4700 (or kank or whatever troll he actually is) routinely takes any statement made by anyone as anti-hoo and goes off the deep end with it. It is similar to how PC Kank used to go off the deep end with every little thing, before he was finally banned.

Anyone who has been a Hokie football fan for very long wouldn’t question Heak’s comment, we know immediately what he means. Its not even worth talking about, his point was well taken and not meant to be critical of the Hoo’s accomplishments in basketball his year. 4700 (or kank or whatever troll he actually is) routinely takes any statement made by anyone as anti-hoo and goes off the deep end with it. It is similar to how PC Kank used to go off the deep end with every little thing, before he was finally banned.

kank was banned? I thought he left of his own volition. The makeover attempt makes more sense now. Had always wondered what happened to him.

My post really was not meant as a knock on anything UVa has done this year or under Bennett. Just acknowledging the frustration of elevated expectations for a program on the rise.
Definitely frustrating and a disappointing ending to a great season.

Reactions: HeaksManley
kank was banned? I thought he left of his own volition. The makeover attempt makes more sense now. Had always wondered what happened to him.
Yeah, to clarify that, IIRC, he got smart with SBW and was banned for a temporary period, but never came back when he was reinstated because he was mad.

Yeah, to clarify that, IIRC, he got smart with SBW and was banned for a temporary period, but never came back when he was reinstated because he was mad.
I got banned once......after I was given a 2nd life I’ve tried to be better. But sometimes you just can’t help yourself....LOL

I got banned once......after I was given a 2nd life I’ve tried to be better. But sometimes you just can’t help yourself....LOL
yes and MG and I went to bat for you . Free Birdie. I didn't mean to start this ,all I wanted to know was if it effected our rpi, earlier in the year the chat was all rpi ;)

yes and MG and I went to bat for you . Free Birdie. I didn't mean to start this ,all I wanted to know was if it effected our rpi, earlier in the year the chat was all rpi ;)
I know you guys did, always appreciated. Wish the board had more life,maybe I should bring back Hokiebird69!!!!!

Last RPI numbers I saw was UVA 3, UMBC 111. UMBC had strength of schedule of 226, I believe.
And don’t you forget you finished behind us HR...maybe seeing UMBC’s strength of schedule will give Buzz a reason to schedule “soft” again next year.

rpi mattered last week ....... not
So UVA is on the losing end of 2 of the biggest upsets ever in NCAA Basketball. These are historic loses that will never be forgotten (in the top 5 along with NCSU beating Houston, Villanova beating Georgetown and UTEP (Texas Western) beating Kentucky - but all of the other 3 are in the championship game). But both UVA loses came when UVA was ranked the #1 team in the nation.

VT has never been ranked #1 ever in basketball. So which is better to never be ranked #1 or to have 2 historic loses as #1 and never finish as #1?

This season both VT and UVA finished tied for 33rd place in the NCAA tournament, if my math is correct. 32 winners that advanced. 32 losers that went home.

This season both VT and UVA finished tied for 33rd place in the NCAA tournament, if my math is correct. 32 winners that advanced. 32 losers that went home.
31-3....ACC regular season Champs.....ACC Tournament Champions.....that’s all you need to know HR.

So UVA is on the losing end of 2 of the biggest upsets ever in NCAA Basketball. These are historic loses that will never be forgotten (in the top 5 along with NCSU beating Houston, Villanova beating Georgetown and UTEP (Texas Western) beating Kentucky - but all of the other 3 are in the championship game). But both UVA loses came when UVA was ranked the #1 team in the nation.

VT has never been ranked #1 ever in basketball. So which is better to never be ranked #1 or to have 2 historic loses as #1 and never finish as #1?
If you don’t strive to be #1.....then why play?

31-3....ACC regular season Champs.....ACC Tournament Champions.....that’s all you need to know HR.

I believe everyone in Hoo Nation had their sights set on the Final 4. I have always maintained that championships are won in post season, not regular season.
I know some Hoo fans who were already planning a trip to Texas for final 4.
While hoos did have good regular season, I think most will admit season ending was a big disappointment.

I believe everyone in Hoo Nation had their sights set on the Final 4. I have always maintained that championships are won in post season, not regular season.
I know some Hoo fans who were already planning a trip to Texas for final 4.
While hoos did have good regular season, I think most will admit season ending was a big disappointment.
No doubt it was a disappointing end to a great year......but I believe any Hokie would love to go 31-3 just once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT