ADVERTISEMENT

Fatherson ?

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

Maybe he's gone with all the other posters to an undisclosed location.

This board is dead.
Happened the past two years same time.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
I bet he's watching Hoo Basketball.....
Why not? Everyone is watching hoo bball. They have a great team. I'd love to see UVa play UK. That would be a good game. Two great defenses. Probably end up 33-27 final.

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:

Why not? Everyone is watching hoo bball. They have a great team. I'd love to see UVa play UK. That would be a good game. Two great defenses. Probably end up 33-27 final.
Not me. Though I have an excuse.

I like good basketball and UVA has the program and we're on the way and will be there soon.

Depends on which Kentucky team shows up and If the Cats felt challenged going in. The only team thats going to beat UK is UK.

Typical Kentucky fan.....no one can beat the mighty kitty cats but the kitty cats.....LMAO

Nah...I was being nice. The typical UK fan would say we beat you by 30 and then point to you not playing anybody yet.

3 top 25 wins on the road.....nobody, ok.....your hired guns can play no doubt, but don't insult my intelligence with stupid comments. I'm sure the mighty SEC will be a real challenge for your boys. Where does that D-2 conference rank these days? I guess you have to worry about the likes of Bama and SC, both bottom halve teams in the ACC.....Kentucky is a great team in a horrible conference, and if you really believe you beat the Hoos by 30 you truly are not very smart.

This post was edited on 1/13 12:43 AM by Hoos19NC

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:
I would like to see KY class schedule . attendance records and professor's grade books. if they exist .
and I would like to see Ala.'s also , see what kind of cars, apartments, ect ect ect.

As long as he's dead set on playing those overrated average twin guards so many minutes, uk might have several close games.

3 top 25 wins on the road.....nobody, ok.....your hired guns can play no doubt, but don't insult my intelligence with stupid comments. I'm sure the mighty SEC will be a real challenge for your boys. Where does that D-2 conference rank these days? I guess you have to worry about the likes of Bama and SC, both bottom halve teams in the ACC.....Kentucky is a great team in a horrible conference, and if you really believe you beat the Hoos by 30 you truly are not very smart.

Maryland, VCU and Notre Dame? yawn....If your still undefeated after the first week of Febuary then you might be worthy of a top 10 ranking....or it could be like last year when UVA was suppose to be so good because they won the ACC then we seen all of the mighty ACC teams sent packing after the first weekend of the tourney and UVA fold like a cheap chair the first time they played a real opponent. Meanwhile that "horrible conference" that only had 3 teams good enough to get a NCAA invite saw two of those teams go to the Final Four (UK and Florida) and another make it to the Elite Eight (Tennessee). The same Tennessee that dropped UVA on their head by 40 pts.

Kentucky beat Kansas by 30. No reason to believe that they couldnt do the same to the hoos, IF they really felt like UVA posed a threat.

I think some Hoo fans already have them winning it all. That's the impression I get talking to some of them.

I don't think they have played Duke or UNC yet. They come to Blacksburg January 25th.

But I guess they have hotel reservations for Final 4 city, wherever it is.

I hurt a rib laughing......kitty cats have one team left on schedule that is ranked, oh I'm sorry Arkansas lost last night, you have no teams left on your schedule ranked. LMAO....I don't expect Hoos to go undefeated in ACC ( we have 5 ranked teams left) but you can bet your ass they could run the table in the SEC with what you have left.....I have no idea if we would beat Kentucky but I know we wouldn't be scared of your one and done boys and no you don't win by 30, I'm not sure you score 30.....but when I look at the Kentucky rivals board I see your fans are far more concerned about us than we are you......just enjoy your hired guns and I'll enjoy my college athletes and Hoo knows maybe we meet one day....your lack of respect for what Bennett has done with UVA shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to college basketball. But what should I expect from someone that can't decide what school the pull for....is it VT or Kentucky? I bet you pull for South Carolina in Baseball...UConn women's basketball .....hell, you probably pull for UVA in Soccor.....a true fan has a school for all sports, not a school for each.....you make me laugh, Thanks.

Does it really matter if any of UKs SEC opponents are ranked or not? As if it really were to matter...This is one of the greatest college basketball teams ever assembled. Like I said, the only team thats going to beat UK is UK.

I dont respect what Bennet has done because he hasnt done enough yet...

My fanhood is in question? LMAO...a true fan stays on his own board, your a UVA fan on your hated rivals board argueing with a VT football fan about Kentucky basketball...wow

Originally posted by VT/UK Rondo:

You respect him so little, in fact, you refuse to spell his name correctly. It's a daunting task, I know. All those t's. You're probably not used to so many t's because Calipari has a grand total of zero of them in his name. BTW, I hope you guys take the national championship seriously this year if you make it. It was a real shame to see the streetball cats lose last year because their coach forgot to game plan.

Just for you VT/UK/SC/UC etc. etc......Bennett's coaching record at UVA:
15-16
16-15
22-10
23-12
30-7
16-0

Wow, not bad for a guy that's done nothing.....LMAO. This has been accomplished in a basketball conference not a football conference.i will stop questioning your basketball knowledge becaus your last post proved you have none. Carry on and good luck to the kitty kats the remainder of the year, you have a good team and I have enough knowledge to know that.

party0029.r191677.gif

Originally posted by HeaksManley:

You respect him so little, in fact, you refuse to spell his name correctly. It's a daunting task, I know. All those t's. You're probably not used to so many t's because Calipari has a grand total of zero of them in his name. BTW, I hope you guys take the national championship seriously this year if you make it. It was a real shame to see the streetball cats lose last year because their coach forgot to game plan.
Heaks, what's your breakdown of a UK-UVa game if they played today. I don't see UVa winning. Kentucky just has too much depth and at least 2 near 7 footers in the post almost all the time. Only way I see UVa could win is if they make 10 threes and UK misses 15.

On a side note, I'm loving the Duke loss.

I would refrain from calling Kentucky a college team. They are probably still being paid by their AAU coaches or street agents, or shoe companies. Not to mention I'd like to see their class schedule and report cards.

Sunny do you think Kentucky wins by 30?
Not Sunny but I cannot see them winning by 30. Never underestimate a team knows how to play defense the way UVA can.

Originally posted by HeaksManley:

Heaks, what's your breakdown of a UK-UVa game if they played today. I don't see UVa winning. Kentucky just has too much depth and at least 2 near 7 footers in the post almost all the time. Only way I see UVa could win is if they make 10 threes and UK misses 15.

On a side note, I'm loving the Duke loss.
Kentucky is the most talented team in college basketball far and away, IMO. I think if they play to their level of potential, they would beat UVa pretty handily. That's not a knock on UVa or Bennett, I just don't like the match-up of UK's athleticism vs. UVa's halfcourt offense. Bennett's teams are brutally efficient, but if you look at their most lopsided losses in recent years it's been against teams who can physically overwhelm them and have the length and athleticism to be equally disruptive on defense.

On the other hand, Bennett is a better X's and O's guy than Calipari is by a fair shot, and this UK team has looked a little undisciplined at times, so you never know. If I were a betting man, though, I'd go with UK confidently.

I think it would be a great matchup for sure......Calipari is a great recruiter, especially the one and done boys. Bennett is a great X's and O's coach who has shown he can get as much out of a 3 star recruit as anyone.....Kentucky would be favored and probably should be favored but don't look past UVA.....I just saw a stat where Notre Dame, Maryland and VCU are 30-0 at home except for UVA, but again Bennett's done nothing.....

Not seen them play in about 15 years, but I heard that Hoos play defense. KY probably hasn't seen many defensive minded teams, thus UVA would win

It's a possibility with Kentucky just because of their depth and talent, but I don't think it's likely . I believe UVa really is the 2nd best team in the country and has a better shot at beating UK than any other team. I like to watch both teams play and hope they meet in the tourney. I'd pull for UVa.

Just for you VT/UK/SC/UC etc. etc......Bennett's coaching record at UVA:
15-16
16-15
22-10
23-12
30-7
16-0

Wow, not bad for a guy that's done nothing.....LMAO. This has been accomplished in a basketball conference not a football conference.i will stop questioning your basketball knowledge becaus your last post proved you have none. Carry on and good luck to the kitty kats the remainder of the year, you have a good team and I have enough knowledge to know that.
Read more Carefully...I didnt say hes done "nothing". I said he hasnt done "ENOUGH YET". A couple of back to back good seasons is hardly grounds to start erecting statues in his honor. He is a hot up and coming young coach that gets the most out of his players but at the end of the day his success at UVA coincides with a less than normal ACC, unimpressive showings in the NCAA tourney and he still has a losing conference record against Duke, UNC, Maryland, FSU, Miami, BC, and WF. Alot of coaches have had a few good seasons and conference runs...You would know this If you had followed college basketball for more than 2 seasons.

It's a possibility with Kentucky just because of their depth and talent, but I don't think it's likely . I believe UVa really is the 2nd best team in the country and has a better shot at beating UK than any other team. I like to watch both teams play and hope they meet in the tourney. I'd pull for UVa.
Kentucky wont go undefeated this year. No way they can withstand everybodys best shot without getting caught sleeping at least one game and its probably for the best that they do get a loss under their belt. I dont think UK and UVA will play because they will both likely be top seeds and UVA will likley fold around elite8. Not being insulting,I just dont have faith in "systems" like the pack line defense, I got enough of that with Tubby and his "ball line defense". Sooner or later you meet a team thats just as tough and the system dont match up well against it. In that case, the "X's and Os" of the system team cant trump the "jimmys and joes" of the opposing team.

Maryland, VCU and Notre Dame? yawn....If your still undefeated after the first week of Febuary then you might be worthy of a top 10 ranking....or it could be like last year when UVA was suppose to be so good because they won the ACC then we seen all of the mighty ACC teams sent packing after the first weekend of the tourney and UVA fold like a cheap chair the first time they played a real opponent. Meanwhile that "horrible conference" that only had 3 teams good enough to get a NCAA invite saw two of those teams go to the Final Four (UK and Florida) and another make it to the Elite Eight (Tennessee). The same Tennessee that dropped UVA on their head by 40 pts.

Kentucky beat Kansas by 30. No reason to believe that they couldnt do the same to the hoos, IF they really felt like UVA posed a threat.
We had this same discussion last year. You said UVA was overrated and would not beat UNC. Then, when they whipped them by 15, you said they had no chance winning on the road at Pitt. Then, after they did that, you said they would not beat Syracuse. Then, after they did that, you still were not sold, you said their regular season ACC title proved nothing, and gave them no chance to win the ACC tourney. Then, after they did that, you predicted they would lose in 1st or 2nd round of NCAA tourney, and were proven wrong again. Yet, a year later, you talk the same nonsense again?

Great post Kank, this dudes post have become hilarious. I could coach the one and dones at UK and win, doubt their coach would be 17-0 with Hoos talent. Bennett is for real, Tubby couldn't hold his jock, so the comparison is funny.

We had this same discussion last year. You said UVA was overrated and would not beat UNC. Then, when they whipped them by 15, you said they had no chance winning on the road at Pitt. Then, after they did that, you said they would not beat Syracuse. Then, after they did that, you still were not sold, you said their regular season ACC title proved nothing, and gave them no chance to win the ACC tourney. Then, after they did that, you predicted they would lose in 1st or 2nd round of NCAA tourney, and were proven wrong again. Yet, a year later, you talk the same nonsense again?
This is at least one of your best posts ever.

Originally posted by pckank1:

I thought the ACC was better than it was last year when I made those predictions. Turns out the conference sucked and it showed in the tourney when Syracuse got tossed by Dayton...NCST lost to St Louis, ACC tourney runner-up Duke lost to powerhouse Mercer in round #1 and none of the ACC teams made it past the third round.

But I see your point...with Louisville unable to shoot, UNC inconsistant and Duke in a funk, the ACC is on track to suck again this year so If the hoos beat them it pobably doesnt validate them as a top 10 team as I originally suggested. Probably top25 though. Not #2 in the Nation...that should be UKs bench subs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT