ADVERTISEMENT

FSU going down hill since Winston left

Jimbo couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. It's a real shame the amount of talent they squander almost every year.

Even in the Winston years, there were a ton a games they easily could've (and for some of them, maybe should've) lost to teams with MUCH less talent than what FSU had. I still remember the outrage of them being included in the playoff, even though they were undefeated. Of course they were then promptly blown out by a different team with lesser recruiting classes, thus proving the country was right about them.

Having FSU ranked in the top 5 with a true freshman QB was comical, as I pointed out in several posts over the summer, using FSU as an example of what's wrong with pre-season polls in general.

Reactions: B1dee and godabo44
Also, LOL at the stupid kicker running around the stadium mocking the fans with the tomahawk chop. The phrase "act like you've been there before" comes to mind, but this loser obviously hasn't.

He's a great ambassador for UNC. Fits right in with that crowd.

Also, LOL at the stupid kicker running around the stadium mocking the fans with the tomahawk chop. The phrase "act like you've been there before" comes to mind, but this loser obviously hasn't.

He's a great ambassador for UNC. Fits right in with that crowd.

You serious man? Kid made possibly the biggest kick of his life and was excited.

Either way it's now officially UNC-VT week, here's to no injuries and a decent game.

Lots of human beings throughout the history have accomplished things without completely showing their ass in the process.

And every single one of those hundreds of billions of people have more class than the UNC kicker has.

I'm just really glad that this kid is not wearing a Hokie uniform. I'd rather see Slye shank 'em left and right all season.

Lots of human beings throughout the history have accomplished things without completely showing their ass in the process.

And every single one of those hundreds of billions of people have more class than the UNC kicker has.

I'm just really glad that this kid is not wearing a Hokie uniform. I'd rather see Slye shank 'em left and right all season.
Right. Your kickers just break and enter, right? :)

(Hey come on, it's game week. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?)

Reactions: B1dee
Yep, we had one of those at one time. I can definitively say that I was not sad to see him move on.

Our guy now can't seem to kick for crap at times, but he appears to be a genuinely good guy.

Yep, we had one of those at one time. I can definitively say that I was not sad to see him move on.

Our guy now can't seem to kick for crap at times, but he appears to be a genuinely good guy.
It isn't that Weiler is a bad guy. He actually does a lot in the local community and is currently in Carolina's MAC grad school program (Master's of Accounting). He just sorta "blacked out" (his words) after the kick and starting running around. To prep the players for the atmosphere in Doak Campbell, the coaches blasted FSU's tomahawk chop warchant every single day at practice -- so I'm sure our guys were pretty sick of hearing the chop by then! Someone above said "act like you've been there before" -- well the truth is, Weiler hasn't ever been there before! That was his first-ever game-winning FG as time expires.

And take heart in your kicker currently not being able to kick very well. Two years ago, Fedora wouldn't let Weiler even attempt a FG longer than 32 yards because he couldn't make it consistently. Now two years later, he's kicking a 54-yarder to win a game against a Top 12 team on the road.

IMO ain't no excuse.

Jimbo has his pick of recruits every year.

Nole fans can't be happy.
He does , and how he got cornered with having to start a freashman QB is beyond me. That kid is going to be a good one if he can lay off of shenanigans like his predecessor. I hate the tomahawk chop and the UF gator flap. They look stupid. At least the UM fans have learned how to make a U , but it still takes both hands for them to do it.

Their OL gives them issues most years. They need a better coach there than Trickett. Also, they have a young QB they can build around. You can see he has talent.

There are 3 VA players that I wanted to attend VT that are down there loosing...so be it.

UVA has several players that rejected VT. It's good to see another senior class leave without ever going to a bowl game. Bunch of dummies.

UVA has several players that rejected VT. It's good to see another senior class leave without ever going to a bowl game. Bunch of dummies.
Couldn't get into UVA if they were dummies.....just helping correct your post, I know you don't want to make false statements.

They "might" be somewhat smart in classroom, but when it comes to football they are D- students at best. Several players at UVA could have gone to VT and made Hokies a better team. Yet they chose to play for a loser. I hope they enjoy watching bowl games on TV.

They "might" be somewhat smart in classroom, but when it comes to football they are D- students at best. Several players at UVA could have gone to VT and made Hokies a better team. Yet they chose to play for a loser. I hope they enjoy watching bowl games on TV.
No "might" to somewhat smart in classroom, that a definite.

When they leave the world of football and start that job they will make a lot more money because they are a uva graduate so they are not so dumb after all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT