ADVERTISEMENT

Good comeback last night folks......excellent weekend entertainment.....

They're not over-ranked, and suggesting they are takes away from our win. They're not a Final Four team, but they could make a run in the tournament, and we need them to keep winning for our sake.

They are over-ranked, but they are also a potential final four team. Rankings are driven in part by wins and losses. You can't be a top 4 team in the rankings with 5 losses. In my opinion, Virginia, with losses coming into the conference was ranked a touch to high at 12. I think they should be ranked around 18-20th. Rankings are one thing. Playing defense and knowing how to win is another. Playing a wicked schedule is also another. Virginia plays defense, knows how to win, plays a wicked schedule as it's in the ACC, and they barely lost to FSU, Nova, Syracuse, and VT last night. If they win 2 of those games and lose 2 of those games, they setting 19 and 4 right now. There is not enough dominance in college basketball this year for UVA to not have a chance to win the whole thing, or at least go to the final four. I think there are about 16-20 teams in the country that have a legitimate chance to go to the final four. UVA will drop to about 16th. For example, would it be a real shock if currently ranked 11,12,13, Wisky, Duke, Kentucky made the final four? Of course not. Florida State currently at 17th? No shock if they made it either based on what we've seen out of them this year.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
The way this season is going, the Final 4 could consist of 4 teams most people know nothing about.

But I would like to see VT, Duke, UNC and some mid-major team make it.

It's good to beat the boo hoos, even if they are over ranked
I think UVA has had a great year considering it has been a rebuilding year after losing Brogden, Gill, Toby, Mitchell and it didn't help that we had to kick Nichols off the team. I said at the beginning of the season I thought we would be in the middle of the pack in conference. So it's been fun to be battling around the top all year. Bennett has done a good job with a young team and I believe the future is bright. Hard to say how far they will go in NCAA's so much is about match ups.

I think UVA has had a great year considering it has been a rebuilding year after losing Brogden, Gill, Toby, Mitchell and it didn't help that we had to kick Nichols off the team. I said at the beginning of the season I thought we would be in the middle of the pack in conference. So it's been fun to be battling around the top all year. Bennett has done a good job with a young team and I believe the future is bright. Hard to say how far they will go in NCAA's so much is about match ups.

Middle of the pack in the ACC this year means.......you have the ability to make it to the final four. The conference is that good. For Virginia Tech to make the tournament, we will need to win at least 3 of the last 6 games to finish 9-9 in ACC play, and we need at least one of those 3 wins over Miami at home, or Louisville on the road somehow. If we finish 4 and 2 over the last 6 games with losses to Louisville and Miami and finish 10-8 in the conference and 21-9 for the regular season, I do not think we make the tournament. Only my opinion. Miami or Louisville (1 of the 2) is a must win game. If we go 3 and 3 down the stretch with a loss on the road to Louisville (as expected) but we get a home win over Miami, I think we are an absolute 50-50 tossup and setting directly on top of the bubble. Only my opinions. Hopefully, we go 4 and 2 down the stretch with one of those 4 wins over Miami at home putting us at 21-9 and 10-8 in the conference. We will get in this way.

Anyone who finishes 9 and 9 in the ACC will get a bid. Most other conferences in the country are "top heavy" with weak teams at the bottom. Not so with the ACC. Look at some of these other ranked teams. Gonzaga is good, but does anybody think they would be undefeated in the ACC, take a look at their schedule? There is a good chance Michigan and Michigan State will get bids in the Big 10, and the PAC 12, come on. Now, the Big 12 is tough, but the ACC, off the charts this year.

Anyone who finishes 9 and 9 in the ACC will get a bid. Most other conferences in the country are "top heavy" with weak teams at the bottom. Not so with the ACC. Look at some of these other ranked teams. Gonzaga is good, but does anybody think they would be undefeated in the ACC, take a look at their schedule? There is a good chance Michigan and Michigan State will get bids in the Big 10, and the PAC 12, come on. Now, the Big 12 is tough, but the ACC, off the charts this year.

It was a great game to watch. Both teams ran true to form. The hokies got behind by double digits in the first half and the hoos gave up a double digit point lead to lose in the 2nd half. If Buzz could get them to come out aggressive and play good defense and offense in the first half, we might do well in the remaining ACC schedule and get a good seed to the NCAA.. Hats off to Seth Allen for getting the job done in OT.

Two wins over top10 teams and a 20 win season should do it no matter what conference your in. Crazy year. UVA and Duke could both easily be Final Four teams....as could anybody in the top25. Its about who gets hot at the right time mixed with a lot of luck.

Bennett should take Perantes and Honeybun to the Barber Shop. If they don't make it in NBA, I guess they can get a job as a clown somewhere. That's what both look like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT