ADVERTISEMENT

Have we ever had so many QBs in the Burg?

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Yeah we've had MV and TT and then LT but has it ever been so wide open?

Motley, Ford and Durkin all have time in the system and want Brewer's job now.

Lawson flipped to VT because he sees an opportunity to get on the field earlier than at Miami.

Brewer looked brilliant in some games and lousy in others. Maybe because he took to many hits.

Any predictions?

Brewer will start next year. No way that we start someone new against the defending champions. Brewer beat them once and they will see if he can beat them again. Now, if we are at .500 halfway through the season, that is when I think it could get interesting.

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:

Lawson flipped to VT because he sees an opportunity to get on the field earlier than at Miami.

Brewer looked brilliant in some games and lousy in others. Maybe because he took to many hits.

Any predictions?
I know most think Brewer will start but I think there is a good chance he's passed. I thought he was average at best and has a low ceiling, though I like the kid's intestinal fortitude. With Durkin/Ford one year in to the system, Motley with experience, and a highly touted Lawson coming in I believe one of them is going to overtake Brewer before the season starts. Lefty mentioned Ford needs to get stronger, and I haven't seen much out of Motley's passing ability. I'm guessing Durkin or Lawson will unseat the incumbent.

Brewer does have the experience and knowledge which is huge. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the starter.

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:

Any predictions?
I know most think Brewer will start but I think there is a good chance he's passed. I thought he was average at best and has a low ceiling, though I like the kid's intestinal fortitude. With Durkin/Ford one year in to the system, Motley with experience, and a highly touted Lawson coming in I believe one of them is going to overtake Brewer before the season starts. Lefty mentioned Ford needs to get stronger, and I haven't seen much out of Motley's passing ability. I'm guessing Durkin or Lawson will unseat the incumbent.

Brewer does have the experience and knowledge which is huge. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the starter.
Brewer starts. The #2 is the guy that is expected to start in 2016. Believe that is Lawson. I like Motley, but seems to be very injury prone.

Any predictions?
I think Brewer will start against OSU. No. 2 better be ready. My choice for #2 is Lawson and then Durkin as no.3. As Smitty pointed out Motley is injury prone and investing too much there could end up being disasterious. I actually believe that Ford could do what Brewer does only better but I don't think long term he has the arm we need.
I also believe that Lawson should start game # 2. Hope they don't have to use him in game one due to injury.
This post was edited on 2/8 10:00 AM by leeanderthal

I fully expect Brewer to start and either Lawson or Durkin as co-#2. I like Motley but I think his lack of throwing will hinder him. I can also see us red shirting Lawson as well to add some strength and learn the system.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I forgot about Logan Byrd, the 6'3" 233 lb brute in the 2016 class. His videos are impressive as well.

I would expect someone to transfer.....not enough space for everyone.

Originally posted by copper21:
I fully expect Brewer to start and either Lawson or Durkin as co-#2. I like Motley but I think his lack of throwing will hinder him. I can also see us red shirting Lawson as well to add some strength and learn the system.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I was shocked at the 2014 spring game at how well Motley threw the ball. Did not expect him to be that good.

Having a lot of players listed at quarterback doesn't mean much if none of them can play the position.

Originally posted by bowlingref:
Having a lot of players listed at quarterback doesn't mean much if none of them can play the position.
I guess you would know about that. We seem to be good at moving them where they can excel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT