ADVERTISEMENT

Heard Holland Fisher has left the program?

VTHokie1001K

All-American
May 22, 2006
Anyone else hear that?

Also it looks like Shai McKenzie has been reinstated but is suspended for at least the OSU game.

After all the hype when he was recruited it seems he has been under the radar. Usually when a redshirt performs well on the scout team you hear about it. We all knew about Bucky Hodges before his red shirt year was over. We have not heard much about Fisher. Is there any substantiation that he has left?

After all the hype when he was recruited it seems he has been under the radar. Usually when a redshirt performs well on the scout team you hear about it. We all knew about Bucky Hodges before his red shirt year was over. We have not heard much about Fisher. Is there any substantiation that he has left?

From Andy Bitter's blog"
"(For those wondering, Holland Fisher is an outside linebacker. Virginia Tech said his absence from Friday's practice was excused, although I'd consider his whole situation TBD.)"

Rumor has it that he's gone. We'll see though.

Coming into the season it was hopeful he might possibly contribute on special teams. He originally was considered one of the most likely to make an impact as a true freshman. That ship had sailed some time ago.

Reactions: Jackcrow
Yeah I remember when it was a battle between VT and Bama for this kid...then he had to prep...etc etc

There were three very compelling reasons for his leaving our program. Best to wish him the greatest of good fortune in his next move.

Care to share the 3 reasons for leaving? Some of us have no idea why he's moving on.

My guess is the 3 other linebackers in front of him on the depth chart.
Yeah, even prior to the news of leaving, never heard anyone say they really expected him to contribute this year. Honestly don't believe he would have made the 2 deep.

Anyone else hear that?

Also it looks like Shai McKenzie has been reinstated but is suspended for at least the OSU game.

LOL. I love how I check up on VT football once every two months and always seem to come in on the tail-end of some horrible new news. Yet another on-paper national top 100 guy who didn't pan out for us. I would say at least we recruit depth, but well.

LOL. I love how I check up on VT football once every two months and always seem to come in on the tail-end of some horrible new news. Yet another on-paper national top 100 guy who didn't pan out for us. I would say at least we recruit depth, but well.
You talking about Fisher or Shai Mac?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT