ADVERTISEMENT

Hello Hokies

Jan 4, 2003
...just stopped by to say congrats on your season so far...looks like your new guy is working out just fine. It's hard to replace a legend. Looking forward to Fed Ex field next year. To say our 6-0 start is a surprise is an understatement. We'll know more after next Saturday..Ok State is tough at home...good luck the rest of the way

...just stopped by to say congrats on your season so far...looks like your new guy is working out just fine. It's hard to replace a legend. Looking forward to Fed Ex field next year. To say our 6-0 start is a surprise is an understatement. We'll know more after next Saturday..Ok State is tough at home...good luck the rest of the way
I'm really, really impressed with how good WVU is this year. I caught some of the TCU game this week-end and some of the Mizzou game to open the season, so 6-0 is a surprise compared to pre-season expectations, but it's clearly deserved.

I see where the Big XII back loaded the heck out your schedule. Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa State and Baylor in 4 straight weeks to close the season will be a tough stretch.

I would like to see u guys go undefeated and get into the playoff. The WVU defense is stout. Unfortunately, I think you will have at least one loss. I feel that way because....

1. Your starting 22 players stacks up with Oki St and Baylor. OUs starting 22 is much better in talent, but with the OU game at home, the seniors and experience on WVUs team, and the emotion factor, and that talent becomes somewhat neutral or gets close to equalizing.

2. The problem is...OUs top 44 players are far more talented than WVUs and by the time this game comes, it's likely that WVU will have to dip into its depth chart due to the grind of a season that almost always causes some injuries. Its no longer a question of your top 22 (starters), but a question of your top 36 or 44 vs their top 36 or 44. Because of this, WVU has little to no margin for errors in the form of...3-5 injuries or coming unprepared for one of the away games.

3. Oki St could be tricky. It's out there and WVU just come off of a big win and with the solid national ranking, kids start to believe they have Superman like talent and just show up, and then they win. Oki St will be sky high. It's a dangerous game for WVU. Also, playing on the road at Texas could be trouble. Aside from Texas and their ugly overall record, they have 4 and some 5 star talent all over the field, and again, if WVU has some injuries requiring a cut into the depth chart, the emotion and overall talent in Austin could be a problem.

4. Overall, I love how your team plays defense and WVU has ran the table before in 87 and 93 in regular season. These teams did so by having a bunch of experienced seniors, but they stayed relatively healthy and they prepared every game. If this year's WVU team comes prepared every game and doesn't get major injuries, they can do it. I hope they do. I think the toughest games for WVU in order are.....

1. At Texas
2. Home against OU
3. At Oki St. I think WVU thrashes Baylor in Morgantown and WVU can just about get by with talent alone on the road at Iowa St even if WVU comes into that game emotionally unprepared. But, against Oki St, Texas, Baylor, and OU, talent alone will certainly not win it for WVU. They will have to be emotionally prepared and again, little margin of errors for injuries.

Last edited:
I hope WV beats crap out of Texas and the Okies, 2 over rated teams every year. I put Tx and Okie in same boat as Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame. I hate them all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT