ADVERTISEMENT

Hoos looking good tonight

I agree, they are not terrible this year. I still don't think they'll give VT much of a game, though.

Don't see us beating you this year.....but I do see big improvement all over the field. For those knocking Bronco as a coach they could be in for a rude awakening, the man can develop talent. Still believe this is a 5 win team, maybe 6 if they steal one. Was really nice to see them open up the offense and play so aggressively on defense. I had gotten so sick of watching us run 2 up the middle throw a pass behind the 1st down marker and then punt. Felt like that's all we did for the last 10 years. Now they have to start winning so they can start recruiting better. Pretty cool to beat Boise at their place, they own the 3rd best home field advantage behind Bama and Clemson.

They have to get better. Being worse was never an option. Boise doesn't seem to be anywhere close to the Boise of old either. But we have to expect UVA to improve.

This may be Boise's worst team in years. But the hoo fans act as if they beat Alabama.
We'll see how things progress. VT is good but you guys aren't exactly Alabama either. You'll find out a lot about VT this weekend. Our game is a long way off so we'll see. But it is in Charlottesville so that'll help. But Boise State was a big win...

As bad as I hate to say it, you guys finally did make a very good hire. I believe Bronco will get u guys back on track. I am for the ACC as a whole get better coaching and get more competitive that is what the elite recruits look for a good program playing in a good competitive conference.

UVA is a lacrosse and tennis school, not a football school.I wish they would go 0-12 every year.

Not to burst the Hoo's bubble but they really didn't look like a very good team against Indiana. Their special teams and running game were non-existent. The quarterback overthrew all his receivers and was pretty much immobile.
The receivers looked ok but were clearly frustrated by the quarterbacks inability to get them the ball.
They do have an outstanding middle linebacker in Kiser and defensive back in Blanding who will both be high NFL draft picks. Both are leftovers from the London regime as are most of the other starters.
They are a much better team than last year but have no depth and will be toast if they suffer any injuries to key players. They might win one more game.

I still cannot figure out why Blanding and Kiser did not go to VT. Why go to Charlottesville and play for a loser. Makes one wonder about recruiting ?

I still cannot figure out why Blanding and Kiser did not go to VT. Why go to Charlottesville and play for a loser. Makes one wonder about recruiting ?
Not necessarily. Some kids just like a school and wanna go there. My son was accepted at every school he applied at, including Stanford, WashU, UofChicago, Carnegie Melon, Columbia, and UPenn, but he wanted to go to Emory and that is where he went despite my encouragement to go to more internationally recognized school. Kids just fall in love with a school and you cannot change their heart. UVA is a really good school with name in academics. Their football program is not in great shape right now, but their brand name in academics is still up there. And, a lot of kids value that.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
UVA is a lacrosse and tennis school, not a football school.I wish they would go 0-12 every year.
UVA is a school of National Championships.....25 as a matter of fact....2nd most in the ACC....18 in Men's sports which is 1st in the ACC. You need to show more respect HR, especially considering VT has none.

They will both play on Sunday's....nothing else VT could have added to there careers.

Not to burst the Hoo's bubble but they really didn't look like a very good team against Indiana. Their special teams and running game were non-existent. The quarterback overthrew all his receivers and was pretty much immobile.
The receivers looked ok but were clearly frustrated by the quarterbacks inability to get them the ball.
They do have an outstanding middle linebacker in Kiser and defensive back in Blanding who will both be high NFL draft picks. Both are leftovers from the London regime as are most of the other starters.
They are a much better team than last year but have no depth and will be toast if they suffer any injuries to key players. They might win one more game.
I agree with most of your post....bottom line is they are improving. For the first time in a long while I don't feel like they are on a path going nowhere.

Wait til they play someone. They are probably running a lot during their bye week, running off the cupcakes.

To the credit of Blanding and Kiser, they both opted to come back for their senior year when they could have left early for the NFL. I think that decision will pay off big time for them assuming neither gets hurt which is the big risk.
I'm sure that Hodges, Ford and Evans are kicking themselves for leaving early.
Oh well...

Reactions: Hoos19NC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT