ADVERTISEMENT

I like what I saw vs Miami

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Coach Foster getting his D to play like their hair was on fire, Hooker at QB, and real good execution on O.

Played with fire in their belly.
Still question some of the play calling right before halftime and pretty much the whole 3rd quarter. It's hard in today's game to get the lead and lean on the defense. Even mediocre teams today have big play potential. But whatever, take the win and keep improving each week.

Reactions: CATabulous
Hooker adds another dimension to this offense. I really enjoyed watching him perform on Saturday. Moving forward there is no question that he is the quarterback.

Played with fire in their belly.
Still question some of the play calling right before halftime and pretty much the whole 3rd quarter. It's hard in today's game to get the lead and lean on the defense. Even mediocre teams today have big play potential. But whatever, take the win and keep improving each week.
Yup, was thinking of Beamer that whole time. Fuente is basically a younger version of Beamer except Beamer could actually coach.o_O

Hooker adds another dimension to this offense. I really enjoyed watching him perform on Saturday. Moving forward there is no question that he is the quarterback.
His running skills are superior, but his passing skills are below average. Any good team will put 8 in the box and dare him to beat them with his passing, and that will cause him problems against good defenses. So, he has a long way to go in developing as a passing QB. But he was careful and didn't throw in double coverage and, overall, managed very well. Something Ryan couldn't do.

Reactions: CATabulous
When you're up 3 TDs and your D is playing so well you get conservative.
Defenses cant hold offenses like they used to. Everything favors the offense now. That's what Beamer couldn't grasp. That's why Saban started hiring decent OCs. Too much spread, too many mobile QBs and too many rules restricting defenses. 3 TDs isn't nothing to overcome nowadays, which UM proved. Before halftime we went conservative to avoid a turnover, gave the ball back and they scored anyway. We had our way with their defense, why not go for another score before UM could make their halftime adjustments? The defense was playing good, but so was the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT