ADVERTISEMENT

INSIDE The Tunnel: Hearing...

TimSullivan

HokieHaven.com Editor
Aug 15, 2011
Nashville, TN
Chester (Va.) Life Christian Academy 2023 cornerback Antonio Cotman will take an official visit to Blacksburg this weekend. Between the time I got the tip and confirmed it with Cotman's people, the four-star has decommitted from Boston College:

He's best friends with Highland Springs (Va.) athlete Takye Heath, a Hokies commit who is expected to be in Blacksburg this weekend as well (he and Braylon Johnson couldn't take their official visits with the rest of their future teammates last weekend because they were otherwise occupied winning a state title).

I mentioned when Cotman committed to Boston College that there was a chance he'd still end up at VT because of the relationships, and ultimately being able to stay closer to home. The fact that I expected the Eagles to stink this year (which came true) didn't hurt. While Virginia Tech wasn't exactly the '85 Bears, the trajectory at BC is firmly downwards under Jeff Hafley - it would be a stunner if he lasts through next season, while at the very least Brent Pry will get a few years, and expectations are that this was the bottoming-out season.

I'll have more as it becomes available to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News