ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Hendon Hooker On VT, Finalists***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I just got off the phone with Dudley (NC) three-star QB Hendon Hooker. As you know, I posted last week that Hooker visited Notre Dame March 12-13 and then stopped at VT on his way back.

Yesterday, Hooker tweeted that he has a final six of VT, Notre Dame, NC State, Pittsburgh, Missouri and North Carolina A&T. Right off the bat, I can tell you that NC A&T is only on there because Hooker's dad played there.

I've been told by our sources at our Notre Dame site that the Irish aren't taking another quarterback in the class. They got a commitment two days ago from three-star quarterback Avery Davis. But it sounds like if ND was taking another QB, it might be the favorite.

In talking to Hooker, it also sounds like he really liked NC State, when quarterbacks coach Matt Canada was there. But Canada went to Pittsburgh, which Hooker has never visited. Hooker has also never visited Missouri and didn't have much to say about the Tigers.

After talking with Hooker, knowing the circumstances and knowing how close he is with Mook Reynolds, VT is the overwhelming favorite. Hooker has a great relationship with Justin Fuente and offensive coordinator Brad Cornelsen. He said he loves the new offense and "Mook being there just made me feel at home."

Hooker will be announcing his decision on a local TV station Thursday morning on their morning show. He told me it will be 11 am at the very latest, so likely a little before then. Hooker told me he'll send me more details when things are more finalized over the next few days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News