ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Article About Buzz

Some reporter said in some paper Sunday that fans would get their money's worth watching Buzz coach in Greensboro, but they would "only get to see him one game".. I hope that reporter's Press Row Pass got revoked last night.

Buzz is driven. He won't rest until the Hokies are really competitive. Even then, he'll want to get better. I thought it was really interesting that Seth & Johnson had used the private jet for recruiting about 20 times total and Buzz has already used it to go on 21 recruiting trips. Like on the sidelines, he works as hard as his players. Be interesting if he coached football with Bud on the sidelines. That would be a fired up pair.

Buzz is the Real Deal, And he will get things in Blacksburg Up to a Standard that none us has ever seen before here. Whit made a great hire in his first one at VT, and I believe he will do the same for any other replacement when the Time comes. I hope his next hire is for the WBB program and Soon !

Baseball might be in worse shape than WBB. the ladies showed some life in ACC tourney and I hear there is help on the way.

Originally posted by VT33:
Buzz is driven. He won't rest until the Hokies are really competitive. Even then, he'll want to get better. I thought it was really interesting that Seth & Johnson had used the private jet for recruiting about 20 times total and Buzz has already used it to go on 21 recruiting trips. Like on the sidelines, he works as hard as his players. Be interesting if he coached football with Bud on the sidelines. That would be a fired up pair.
You talk about the private jet as if Seth and JJ could have used it more if they wanted to. They used it as often as the athletic department's budget allowed them to. Whit opened up the checkbook for Buzz, including allowing many more private jet recruiting trips, and admitted hiring him has set the athletic budget back a little.

I don't know all the details about the finances of the mens BB program in the past but I do feel our new AD and his first hire are great for VT.

RE: NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR FEELS ----- HIGH PROFILING BUZZ ANTICS.....

I.E 1) ACC TOURNEY HALFTIME FREE THROW COACHING SCHTICK----LEADING TO.....
2) TOURNEY COACHING COMMENTATING NCAA BBALL TOURNEY
3) PROVIDING COLOR COMMENTARY BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER THE TOURNEY...

IS ALL A PLOY OF DRAWING ATTENTION & EMULATING SETH GREENBERGS COLORFUL ANTICS TO
TRANSITION OVER INTO BEING A FULL TIME BBALL EXPERT /COMMENTATOR ----MEDIA STAR....

NEIGHBOR SAYS THERE WERE ALREADY ARTICLES AND REPORTS THAT EVERYONE ACROSS THE
COLLEGE BBALL WORLD AND THRU OUT COLLEGE BBALL COACHING.......WERE SHOCKED AND COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY BUZZ LEFT MARQUETTE.....THAT EVEN HIS WIFE WAS INCREDULOUS....AND HAD NO IDEA......

THE WHY..... ENJOYS BEING IN LIME LIGHT , ENJOYS COLLEGE BBALL... WOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO
GO ON THE ROAD TO RECRUIT ----- COULD RAKE IN BIG TV MONEY..... AND BE ABLE TO TRAVEL . BE PAID, AND ENJOY BBALL .....

W I T H O U T THE STRESS............IF HE GETS TIRED OF IT.......HE WILL HAVE RAISED HIS COACHING
PROFILE AND COULD GET BACK INTO COACHING WITH HUGE PR RATINGS AND HIGHER PROFILE
COACHING SALARY WITHOUT PLAYING A GAME..... WHILE STILL BEING AN ON-AIR EXPERT (EXTRA $$$)
ON TOP OF HIS COACHING SALARY.....BASED UPON HOW FAR HIS TEAM GETS INTO THE FIELD....BUT HE
WILL HAVE TO PRODUCE BETTER RECORDS AND HAVE HIS TEAMS SELECTED FOR TOURNEY PLAY..

SOUNDS LIKE A SOLID PLAN & THEORY TO ME.....

Originally posted by vtdiehard:
RE: NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR FEELS ----- HIGH PROFILING BUZZ ANTICS.....

I.E 1) ACC TOURNEY HALFTIME FREE THROW COACHING SCHTICK----LEADING TO.....
2) TOURNEY COACHING COMMENTATING NCAA BBALL TOURNEY
3) PROVIDING COLOR COMMENTARY BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER THE TOURNEY...

IS ALL A PLOY OF DRAWING ATTENTION & EMULATING SETH GREENBERGS COLORFUL ANTICS TO
TRANSITION OVER INTO BEING A FULL TIME BBALL EXPERT /COMMENTATOR ----MEDIA STAR....

NEIGHBOR SAYS THERE WERE ALREADY ARTICLES AND REPORTS THAT EVERYONE ACROSS THE
COLLEGE BBALL WORLD AND THRU OUT COLLEGE BBALL COACHING.......WERE SHOCKED AND COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY BUZZ LEFT MARQUETTE.....THAT EVEN HIS WIFE WAS INCREDULOUS....AND HAD NO IDEA......

THE WHY..... ENJOYS BEING IN LIME LIGHT , ENJOYS COLLEGE BBALL... WOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO
GO ON THE ROAD TO RECRUIT ----- COULD RAKE IN BIG TV MONEY..... AND BE ABLE TO TRAVEL . BE PAID, AND ENJOY BBALL .....

W I T H O U T THE STRESS............IF HE GETS TIRED OF IT.......HE WILL HAVE RAISED HIS COACHING
PROFILE AND COULD GET BACK INTO COACHING WITH HUGE PR RATINGS AND HIGHER PROFILE
COACHING SALARY WITHOUT PLAYING A GAME..... WHILE STILL BEING AN ON-AIR EXPERT (EXTRA $$$)
ON TOP OF HIS COACHING SALARY.....BASED UPON HOW FAR HIS TEAM GETS INTO THE FIELD....BUT HE
WILL HAVE TO PRODUCE BETTER RECORDS AND HAVE HIS TEAMS SELECTED FOR TOURNEY PLAY..

SOUNDS LIKE A SOLID PLAN & THEORY TO ME.....
Give you $50 to take a hammer and break the cap lock on your keyboard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT