ADVERTISEMENT

Is VT Similar To Louisville?

Athleticism is similar to Marcus Vick...although Hooker might be a better passer.

Don't be a Jackwagon Hoos!

Athleticism is similar to Marcus Vick...although Hooker might be a better passer.

Don't be a Jackwagon Hoos!
Just funning with you pack.....I see the Martin twins are transferring and Cat going pro, do you think your coach survives this?

Marcus Vick? Why would anyone want a Marcus Vick. Did you see him stomp someone?
So basically he misunderstood the coach who said " I hope we stomp 'em today" .
Seriously, he was an excellent QB who would not control his actions on or off the field. Cost him a career but if he doesn't care, I sure don't.

I don't see much marcus vick in his game. This guy is tall and lanky, 6'5" and looks it on the field. Stands tall in the pocket, doesn't jump around. Has decent straight line speed but not a blazer. Looks like he can pick lanes to run through instead of jukes. Has an incredible high arc on his throws and throws it long and/or hard straight line with easy effort.. whereas marcus push threw everything. Just from his picture, looks like Hooker has really big hands and long arms, add some weight to him and he could be a beast.

Just funning with you pack.....I see the Martin twins are transferring and Cat going pro, do you think your coach survives this?

He will survive...unfortunately! I have never been fully onboard with his hiring. Back when Sendek left, we could easily have gotten Gregg Marshall. Even the Winthrop AD was miffed that we did not contact him. Then after whiffing on all our big names, we fell back to Lowe to save face. I can only imagine our program with Marshall having better players than what he has at Wichita State.

He will survive...unfortunately! I have never been fully onboard with his hiring. Back when Sendek left, we could easily have gotten Gregg Marshall. Even the Winthrop AD was miffed that we did not contact him. Then after whiffing on all our big names, we fell back to Lowe to save face. I can only imagine our program with Marshall having better players than what he has at Wichita State.
In hind sight Marshall would have been a great hire.

In hind sight Marshall would have been a great hire.
I thought the Hokies had a shot at Marshall at one point too. Can't remember the exact situation. Watched some State games this year and have a bunch of State friends and their games were really frustrating to watch. Besides having on of the quickest guards in the country and a good bit of talent they always seem disjointed in their execution and Anya had a lot of potential but just hasn't gotten in any kind of shape. Diet, running and the weight room regularity could make him into a beast.

Reactions: PACKed House
Marcus Vick? Why would anyone want a Marcus Vick. Did you see him stomp someone?

Let me start by saying Marcus Vick was a spoiled little brat. If not for Mike babying him and giving him a feeling of superiority and security, he might have been capable of respecting his schollie and the value of it, as well as controlling his faux scarface temper. Mike was just doing what any big brother would have done though, showing love to his younger sibling.

Now I'll say this; MV2 was a better passer than his brother with all of the flash and electricity. Kevin Rogers was brought in specifically for MV2 and I have no doubt if not for his character issues, he'd have been brilliant and mesmerized the masses his senior yr.
"He was 6-for-7 passing for 95 yards and one TD during one scrimmage, and turned in a 57-yard run in another scrimmage. He hit 10-of-15 passes for 92 yards and a TD in the Maroon-White game. For performances such as these, he was awarded the Paul Torgersen Award for the top offensive newcomer."

That was before he ever started a regular game. How many of our freshmen qbs have performed like that in the spring?

It all comes down to being a damn crying shame, because everything else had worked out exactly to the letter of how we had all dreamed it would (talent wise) when we were courting the little brother of arguably the most dynamic player in collegiate history. I can't be the only one to have wondered what could have been that next yr with the #1 defense in the nation AND a seasoned, polite, humbled MV2 at the helm.

I sided with Dumervil and was not only embarrassed but ashamed. The right decision was carried out, and that had to be one of Beamer's hardest of his career. But in the end, we are VT and Beamer did the right thing.........and for that I'm proud.

Let me start by saying Marcus Vick was a spoiled little brat. If not for Mike babying him and giving him a feeling of superiority and security, he might have been capable of respecting his schollie and the value of it, as well as controlling his faux scarface temper. Mike was just doing what any big brother would have done though, showing love to his younger sibling.

Now I'll say this; MV2 was a better passer than his brother with all of the flash and electricity. Kevin Rogers was brought in specifically for MV2 and I have no doubt if not for his character issues, he'd have been brilliant and mesmerized the masses his senior yr.
"He was 6-for-7 passing for 95 yards and one TD during one scrimmage, and turned in a 57-yard run in another scrimmage. He hit 10-of-15 passes for 92 yards and a TD in the Maroon-White game. For performances such as these, he was awarded the Paul Torgersen Award for the top offensive newcomer."

That was before he ever started a regular game. How many of our freshmen qbs have performed like that in the spring?

It all comes down to being a damn crying shame, because everything else had worked out exactly to the letter of how we had all dreamed it would (talent wise) when we were courting the little brother of arguably the most dynamic player in collegiate history. I can't be the only one to have wondered what could have been that next yr with the #1 defense in the nation AND a seasoned, polite, humbled MV2 at the helm.

I sided with Dumervil and was not only embarrassed but ashamed. The right decision was carried out, and that had to be one of Beamer's hardest of his career. But in the end, we are VT and Beamer did the right thing.........and for that I'm proud.
Well said....

Good post. Your facts are right on point and I agree whole heartedly with your opinions.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave

Dead nuts. He didn't have all the electricity that MV1 brought to the game but I believe that he would have been as or more successful ,particularly in the Bigs. Oh, and definetly a much better passer.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT