ADVERTISEMENT

Jason - In game chat

CAHokie

Starter
Nov 12, 2005
Jason, I have enjoyed the in-game chat this year. Prior to the chat formation, I had been starting the in-game threads here for the past 6 years or so. Is there any way to update the system to prevent all of the name spoofing. We allowed the Hoo to basically push us out of our own chat. Even worse, is that you let him convince you it was me even though I have never caused a problem here on the boards.
furious.r191677.gif

Guys, I appreciate those of you who joined the chat and I apologize for someone spoofing your names. I can't control that, unfortunately. CoverItLive hasn't advanced enough to allow me to see IP addresses yet. I deleted comments and banned those who were obviously doing that, but there were multiple people unfortunately who thought it was funny to do that.

I can say, we don't have this issue on our INsider chats, because those are made available only to subscribers. But I have always made the game chats free. Unfortunately, for games like that, there are people who decide to act like children, which is sad. The only thing I can suggest is to post as a 'Guest' so comments are strewn around and made by someone who isn't you.

I'll do a chat for the bowl game again and I'll try harder to weed out those who choose to steal names and ban them from the chat. But it will likely happen again, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT