ADVERTISEMENT

***LIVE/FREE In-Game Chat!***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, for those of you who can't make it to Lane Stadium, come chat with plenty of Hokies fans and follow along with what you can't see on TV. Chat starts at 7:30 pm in time for the 8 pm kickoff: http://rvls.co/1JNxzd3

Meyer was prepared for the GT defense this season (2 drives, 2 quick TDs). We need to get out of that D and go back to our regular stuff.

OK, the defense finally held after a long drive and the teams are now even on missed FGs. It's time for the offense to quit dropping wide open 1st down passes and join the game.

Nevermind. THERE'S the clueless OC who calls a bunch of stupid sideways running plays that we all know and don't think much of.

By all means, let's NOT continue attacking and running the stuff that was working. What sense would that make? Why attack vertically when we can all line up and race to the sidelines instead?

Nice 1st half by the boys. We need to keep it tight in the 2nd half to have a shot at this.

Nice 1st half by the boys. We need to keep it tight in the 2nd half to have a shot at this.
My sons first game as a Hokie. I am a Hokie. Go Hokies. Respect is all I ask but a win is icing on the cake. Nice play calling and the defense is stepping up

When Brewer got sacked a couple times and OSU went up 14-0 in the first I thought oh man is this about to be all night? It looked like the offensive line adjusted some, they were able to run the ball a little better, good calls on the two TD plays. That muffed punt by Elliot was crucial, great momentum going into halftime.

Who's that freshman QB? Any chance he plays, or are we reduced to running QB keepers the rest of the night with Motley and Hodges?

Who's that freshman QB? Any chance he plays, or are we reduced to running QB keepers the rest of the night with Motley and Hodges?

Expect our small defense to get bulldozed again this year by power-oriented offenses. Our LBs looked atrocious, and our defensive line, physical and aggressive as they may be, still looked over-matched. It's amazing how these 600 yard games have become pretty unsurprising.

This is what 10-plus years of "contingency" recruiting and piss-poor design will do to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT