ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan on ESPN

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
It ain't fair.

When Michigan is bad, they still get talked about.

Their new head coach gets profiled. Former teammates and players talk about how wonderful he is. They keep showing the Big House.

Recruits watch TV.

One would think Michigan people run ESPN.

Reactions: Salemite
don't forget notre damn is irrationally loved by media, not just droolin' Lou

It ain't fair.

Their new head coach gets profiled. Former teammates and players talk about how wonderful he is. They keep showing the Big House.

Recruits watch TV.

It ain't fair.

Recruits watch TV.

I get your point, but I also understand espn wants Jim Hardball to father it's child.

Let's be honest for the sake of fairness here; what are the chances with as big time a school as Michigan is that Hardball doesn't have them as an annual contender to take down tOSU for one of the MNC playoff slots within 5 yrs? Very slim I'd guess and 3-4 yrs would probably be more accurate. I think it's going to be fun watching Meyer and Hardball insult each other publicly for the next however many years. Neither is very modest and both are sarcastic sons of guns with the media.

UM is one of the best FB programs of all time. Harbaugh has TV Showman tattooed on his forehead. Largest college stadium in the USA. Big 10 school. Program assumed on it's way back (world loves a comeback from someone who's been down). Big news! If he starts losing ESPN et al will dump him like a bad dream.

I have been to a game at Michigan, got to say it was an awesome atmosphere.....

Gameday was in East Lansing for the Oregon/Michigan State game and Harbaugh was making his return to Ann Arbor to coach his first home game....no surprise they'd send someone out there.

Certain schools are media darlings.

The newspapers in Virginia cover UVA football as if the Boo Hoos are among the nation's elite teams. If one did not know different, by reading some papers they would think Mike London has more wins that Frank Beamer and Nick Saban combined.

The media likes covering winners......so while they are covering the winning sports at UVA they throw in a little about the football program. HR, don't hate us because we are winners!!!

Please do not use the term "winners" in any way, when talking about UVA football. Football at Mr. Jefferson's University is light years behind all other sports.

Please do not use the term "winners" in any way, when talking about UVA football. Football at Mr. Jefferson's University is light years behind all other sports.
Obviously you didn't get the sarcasm of my post.....I know football is behind the other sports at UVA.

I see in paper this morning that UVA is asking the state for 140,000,000 dollars. They must want to give London a raise. I will write some elected officials and tell them to deny UVA's request. because they are wasting money paying a coach over 2,000,000 for winning 4 or 5 games a year. Per win, London may be highest paid coach in America.

Now that hoos have won a game, I guess Littlepage and London are discussing a contract extension with a pay raise, even if the win was over a FCS school.

Right now Littlepage has his hands full dealing with his illegal hire of a known doping track coach who has been banned from all competitions. The fact he's been coaching at UVA means the kids he's been working with could also face the same 2 year ban. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

It ain't fair.

Recruits watch TV.

It's called the Notre Dame treatment.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Okalhoma, Notre Dame and Southern Cal are all media darlings, regardless of how bad they are.

What any team did back in the day should have no bearing on anything in 2015. Every season should be a new season.

Agreed with not back in the day, but if they're relevant within past few years, they should get exposure for big games.

Coaching makes a huge difference, Michigan will be back in a big way. Today shows how much improvement a coach can make with someone else's recruits.

Not surprised Michigan is playing better under Harbaugh. There is talent there, the coaching is better, and right now Harbaugh gives the team confidence which makes a difference as well.

I don't know if they are all the way back this year. I can see them beating either MSU or OSU at home, bit also losing a game or two in conference that they shouldn't.

Poor HR6, upset that the traditional power programs get the media's attention. It's almost as if the media is concerned over ratings and think that the long time legacy programs have a big fan base, as well as those who tune in to news about these teams because they either are generally familiar with these teams or want to see them lose.

I wonder if the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, and LA Lakers get the same time of media attention?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT