ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA drops a bomb , Whose Next..unCheats

What do you expect....he's just another cheater from UNCheat. I hope that they truly get what they deserve when the NCAA grows a pair and stops trying to protect this faded old brand.

Reactions: Jackcrow
UNC had a lot to sell without cheating. The fact that they let themselves become the lying, cheating , scum of the conference is more a sign of their low character then anything else.

wawawawa, i would be looking to get my mind off va tech football too. it is a freaking joke and write it down we will thump yalls arse this year despite who fedora plays at qb. we are home free sentence served except for womens basketball . i would think after years of false prosecution u chumps would be over it. we are fixing to roll as they say like a hurricane in hells bells.
Look....a Tarhole dumbass that proves they have fake classes at UNCheat just by his knowledge of the English language. The country is laughing at UNCheat and everyone knows it but the ignorant fools in Chapel Hole.

wawawawa, i would be looking to get my mind off va tech football too. it is a freaking joke and write it down we will thump yalls arse this year despite who fedora plays at qb. we are home free sentence served except for womens basketball . i would think after years of false prosecution u chumps would be over it. we are fixing to roll as they say like a hurricane in hells bells.
Your tutor quit ? From reading that scrambled post, I think I would get her back to writing for You. Carry On ....you poor mis-guided soul

Of all the schools you think would have learned their lesson concerning this stuff, its SMU. Unbelievable that they go out hire him. They were begging for it.

Too bad for Emelogu. Maybe Buzz can pick up a good power forward from this situation.

Unbelievable that SMU, who got the death penalty, for a couple of decades, would hire someone with a shady past.

And with these penalties for helping 1 player, what are UNC's penalties for helping hundreds get grades?

Unbelievable that SMU, who got the death penalty, for a couple of decades, would hire someone with a shady past.

And with these penalties for helping 1 player, what are UNC's penalties for helping hundreds get grades?

I doubt SMU had any idea of the True Carolina Way before they hired Brown.

Well I would imagine that SMU would and should sue the NCAA over their treatment. UNC will be the example to show that SMU received unfair treatment. I know that NCAA will use the repeat infractions defense but I don't think it will hold up in that UNC also would be a repeat offender had the NCAA done its job. It may take 2-3 years for this to play out but I really think it is going to get really ugly for the NCAA. May even result in the NCAA's demise with some sort of "congressional" oversight being put in place? Of course that would be an even worse situation.

The NCAA is too money hungry. All they are concerned with is their salaries and those of conference commissioners.

It puzzles me as to how NCAA slams SMU, and ignores UNC. I wish NCAA would explain this.

Trust me when I say that the NCAA has definitely not ignored the transgressions at UNC. UNC's cheating is on such a large scale that it simply takes longer to resolve. Plus...UNC is trying to string it out as long as possible so that they can play in the NCAA Basketball tourney next spring as well as salvage current recruiting classes. Make no mistake...they will get hammered. Just a matter of time. SACS has set the table for the NCAA by determining that UNC committed years (decades) of academic fraud in an effort to maintain the eligibility of athletes. The NCAA will follow suit calling the grades they received "impermissible benefits". The number of impermissible benefits totals in the thousands...spanning over two decades...and renders those that received them ineligible for athletic participation.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
UNC but what sport? If it isn't FB and Men;s BB it still sucks. Well,its been a long, been a long,been a long, been a long time.

The Wainstein report showed 18 sports teams at UNC had players in fake classes. The NOA singled out men's/women's basketball and football as the big culprits in the violations. The PR folks are trying to control the narrative by putting out misleading info to make folks think that it was only women's basketball. Don't fall for their crap. They will get slammed.

Packed - appreciate all the info you have brought concerning this. If they are to be slammed then when might that happen. The stall tactics can't work forever.

The stalling has worked for years, and I expect it to continue for years. They must be hoping everyone forgets about it, both NCAA and UNC.

Right now it is looking to be around April when they get hit. UNC "found" a couple of small issues with the women's BBall that they turned in to NCAA. It was done purely for pushing back the timeframe so that they can get FB recruits signed and also be able to participate in March Madness. That should tell you that they know they will be receiving post season bans as one of their punishments. Now whether or not the NCAA allows it to be dragged out further is another matter. Imagine the heat they would take if they allowed UNC to play in the tourney, UNC were to win, and a few weeks later the BBall team gets sanctioned for the largest cheating scandal in history.

Hmmm...looks like the NCAA might be moving up the time table and hammer the Cheats before March Madness. And you will have to add another to your reading list...

New digital book Gameday by Kelly Pope is now available...Kelly Pope is a Forbes contributor covering white collar crime.

gameday_zpszy8ypykx.png

You can buy a copy of the Gameday digital book here...

http://store.heliosdigital.com/catalog.php?page=3&pagename=video-enhanced_e-cases_e-books

UNC_Hokie_Reads_zpsc34e65db.png

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Hopefully, unCheat will get deserved, severe punishment for their years of cheating. Many of the long-time top programs got to the top by cheating back when the NCAA was even more lax about enforcing the rules. Sadly, politics too often trumps justice. As long as there are people, there will always be corruption. If you doubt that look at how much political pressure has been used to ban the use of 'Redskin' while giving the world's worst terror supporting country a pass on developing nuclear weapons while that country is screaming they will destroy the USA.

But, I digress, many the football powers that ruled when I was in elementary school are still powerful today and got there by buying FB stars and lax academic standards.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT