ADVERTISEMENT

ND game thread...

hokiemtc

Hokie Hall of Fame
Mar 29, 2002
...good heavens, the defense is totally lost. Again. How can there be THAT many wide open receivers running around on the field every single week? Can our secondary not figure out a way to cover anybody?

Looks like we have all but given up on man to man coverage. With the time their QB is getting, this will be a long day.

Good thing ND is so bad or this game would be over already. As it is, it's still not looking too good so far.

VT 3 ugly plays. ND 10 points.

VT 5 plays...2 fumbles. Glad to see the offense show up ready to play this week after laying an egg last week.

AND then a bad snap. God, this team is painfully ugly to watch.

VT 5 plays...2 fumbles. Glad to see the offense show up ready to play this week after laying an egg last week.

AND then a bad snap. God, this team is painfully ugly to watch.
It all starts with the QB. He is from Dallas and can't play in the cold weather. He is freezing his buns in the cold weather. We should let him transfer back to Baylor or Houston.

WHY are there so many wide open receivers all over the field? Where is our secondary?

End 1st. Mercifully. Our offense ran 6 whole plays in that quarter, and grad assistants are currently looking behind the bleachers trying to find our lost secondary that we dropped somewhere.

WTF has happened to this team.. have the been figured out? The defense the first QTR looked like they were jogging off the ball. DL with no pressure and crossing routes can develop and its going to be a long day..

Ha ha. Refs didn't know what the call is. So they compromised by penalizing us. Fuente knows it too.

Do not want to sound like I'm not claiming the O.. but this Defense is atrocious... wow..

Attention Bud Foster, attention Bud Foster: If you give the QB time to throw, he is going to light VT up!!

A dropped pass by Cam results in an interception and then Motu and the defense allow a huge run up the middle for a TD. You just can't make this stuff up.

Was that 8 or 9 men in the box on the 3rd down QB keep? Can/does Evans check into another play? Everyone in the stadium knew we were running the ball.

Dang...wow, nice 2nd half. The defense did give up the one long TD run right up the gut, but otherwise, they actually covered receivers and applied a little pressure here and there.

And where in the heck has this offense been for the last few weeks? Forget running up the middle for little gain. Forget deep routes that take forever to set up. Just do lots of misdirection in the 1st ten yards and get the ball out quick and short and let the playmakers make plays. The offense got into a really nice rhythm there.

Reactions: HokieNation
Forget running up the middle for little gain. Forget deep routes that take forever to set up. Just do lots of misdirection in the 1st ten yards and get the ball out quick and short and let the playmakers make plays. The offense got into a really nice rhythm there.
You are so right. We can nickel and dime teams until they over commit and then go up top if it's there.

lol not pretty at all.. but it was fun (since we won). thought we had a chance if we can get UVA to knock of Clemson and bring home the trophy. but TBH.. I'm worried about Uva.. our D has been figured out. .and our O takes a while to warm up and play inspired..

Dang...wow, nice 2nd half. The defense did give up the one long TD run right up the gut, but otherwise, they actually covered receivers and applied a little pressure here and there.

I am beginning to think that JuFu is a younger version of Beamer, in that he is also very conservative, too conservative for an offensive minded coach if you ask me. He takes the lead, and then tries to use the clock to win by one score. I'd like to see him keep going 60/40 pass/run with misdirection etc. and try to get 1st down after 1st down and never let up.

lol not pretty at all.. but it was fun (since we won). thought we had a chance if we can get UVA to knock of Clemson and bring home the trophy. but TBH.. I'm worried about Uva.. our D has been figured out. .and our O takes a while to warm up and play inspired..
I laughed....no way, I mean absolutely 0 chance VT loses to Hoos.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Good win, plus anytime ND loses it's good for college football and mankind in general. I hope the Golden Dommers sit home (with UVA) come bowl season.

On paper, VT should destroy Hoos so bad, Mendenhall wishes he had stayed at BYU.
But game is played on field, not on paper. We must come out of tunnel against Hoos ready to play, on both sides of the ball, and jump out to big lead early, to allow defense to pin their ears back and go after UVA QB. We cannot come out like we did against GT and Syracuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT