ADVERTISEMENT

No bowl game again

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
For our neighbors to the north. The 4 year seniors for hoos never went to a bowl in their career. Serves them right, especially those who rejected offer from VT.

Reactions: DEXTERITY
You might want until we win a 6th game before you gloat to loud..............

Karma is not fully, she is a Biatch! VT likely will be going to a Bowl game, but the hoos are returning to the Tidy Bowl again. Such a family atmosphere in hooville, team loves to spend holidays at home watching real FB teams!

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I thought about that, but if we can't beat UNC and UVA we do not deserve a bowl.
VT has about as much a chance of beating UNC at this point as UVa making a bowl.

And since the last win we need probably won't be against UNC, then that leaves UVa with a prime chance to end the nation's longest bowl streak. Think they won't be motivated to play spoiler?

The hoos have had plenty of chances/motivation before. Their only chance to win is if hoos announce the VT game will be London's last. Then again. hoos may have big field hockey game to draw fans away from the FB game and stands will once again be predominantly Maroon!

It's Basketball season finally.....now let's see what all the "Buzz" is about.

For our neighbors to the north. The 4 year seniors for hoos never went to a bowl in their career. Serves them right, especially those who rejected offer from VT.
LMAO....HR, maybe you could ask Bud to teach defense to Buzz's basketball team....you only lost to the 303rd ranked team last night....that karma is a bitch. Buzz for President.

Reactions: Salemite
HR6 had not realized basketball had started. HR6 devotes 99% of his time to football, baseball and softball. 1% to basketball.

I liked Groh and London. I wished both had done just a little better. Now the French may hired someone who can recruit and coach better and we may suffer because of that. Anyway HR6, a kid with a UVA diploma isn't that bad off.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
The thing that puzzles me is why some recruits reject VT and sign with UVA. They know UVA is bad, why do they go there ? If a couple good players each year would have gone to VT instead of going to play for a losing team, VT would have been better the past few years.

There was one player (Eli Harold, I believe) complained a lot because Hoos were losing. Had he gone to VT, he would not have played on losing team.

The thing that puzzles me is why some recruits reject VT and sign with UVA. They know UVA is bad, why do they go there ? If a couple good players each year would have gone to VT instead of going to play for a losing team, VT would have been better the past few years.

There was one player (Eli Harold, I believe) complained a lot because Hoos were losing. Had he gone to VT, he would not have played on losing team.
Eli Harold is playing in the NFL which was his goal when he left high school....if he had gone to VT he would still be in the NFL today....so why does it really matter where he went to college, he reached his ultimate goal in the end. VT has 30 players on an NFL team while UVA has 29, doesn't really seem to matter which school they pick both schools can get these kids to their ultimate goal....the NFL. The difference in the the 2 programs is coaching, the talent level is probably as close as it has been in a long time. As a Hoo fan I'm glad to see Frank finally leave because you don't have a clue what the future of VT football will be...might be better but could be worse. There have been great coaches that have left a school and the school has never reached that height again. Nebraska, Miami, Michigan (Harbaugh may bring them back), Penn St., Notre Dame, Texas, Tennessee........great coaches are few and far between, I've said all along be careful what you wish for. Who is the coach that VT can get that guarantees you have great success????

Reactions: Salemite
It will be a herculean task to beat UNC and for those of us who think UVA is a walkover,well, I hope you are correct but frankly they have shown more this season then we have. They have one major problem and it is not the players.

It will be a herculean task to beat UNC and for those of us who think UVA is a walkover,well, I hope you are correct but frankly they have shown more this season then we have. They have one major problem and it is not the players.
I agree leeanderthal, I believe it you switch the schedules of VT and UVA it's a pretty good chance the records would switch as well.....but Frank is definitely greater than London even at the end of Frank's career. I don't know if UVA can beat VT mainly because London has no clue.

I agree leeanderthal, I believe it you switch the schedules of VT and UVA it's a pretty good chance the records would switch as well.....but Frank is definitely greater than London even at the end of Frank's career. I don't know if UVA can beat VT mainly because London has no clue.
I hate to say this, but Frank Beamer raising his arms in victory at the end of the GT game made me think that was his last victory. I do not have a good feeling about the last two games for Beamer. Go VT beat UNC and VA!

If he thought that was his last win, he should not coach the final 2 games. After all we are playing UNC and UVA, two basketball schools. I will be disappointed if we do not finish 7-5.

If he thought that was his last win, he should not coach the final 2 games. After all we are playing UNC and UVA, two basketball schools. I will be disappointed if we do not finish 7-5.[/QUbeliOTE]

]you disappointed yet HR6 you still believe VT is a good team and that is your problem you have to change your viewpoint

Reactions: Champ_24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT