ADVERTISEMENT

Offense

It was the expected let-down after an emotional rivalry game. Lucky for us it was against a 2 tier program with fewer athletes at their disposal.

We could have been "saving some plays".

We need to anoint 1 running back as the #1 RB, and feed him the ball. We rotate RBs too much and no one can get in a groove. We should have 1 RB with over 100 yards every game.

Reactions: twoliter_hokies
We have an opportunity to put up a lot of offense in our annual game with ECU this week. They are so bad defensively they fired their DC this week. Its unlikely it gets fixed in one week.

We've had RB problems ever since we went to "RB by committee" with young Beamer. I agree with HR6 (scary). Anoint 1 lead RB and feed him the ball. If he can't deliver, move on to another back. Somebody needs to step up and tote the rock, or our QB will be our leading rusher like last year. Not a good scenario with the inexperience we have at QB (if Jackson were to get hurt).

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Geez, I'd say! That was one of the most impressive offensive explosions I've ever seen out of a VT team.

Sure, ECU's defense is bad...really bad...but VT put up more points AND yards than WVU did last week, and that was despite the offensive starters only playing 2-1/2 quarters.

ECU is indeed bad, but I like how Fuente is beating ECU the way we should be beating ECU. With an offense.

I don't think Fuente would have lost any of the games Beamer lost to ECU. They may not want to keep playing VT every year as long as VT has this coaching staff.

Reactions: HeaksManley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT