ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State didn't deserve to be there today. Sorry Penn State.

Selection committee destroyed integrity of college football. Everyone on committee should be replaced.

Penn State won B10 and BEAT Ohio St. Conference championship and head to head should count for something. Problem is Ohio is like Notre Dame. They receive special treatment.

Penn State won B10 and BEAT Ohio St. Conference championship and head to head should count for something. Problem is Ohio is like Notre Dame. They receive special treatment.
It is what it is, conf chamionships, head to head mean nothing. It's all about wins and number of losses and TV ratings. If you want to talk about special treatments look no farther than the rankings and bowl results SEC sucked,noway they deserved their lofty rankings during the season. The ACC better have 10 teams in the top 25 preseason polls . ;) Also if they made the playoffs 16 teams there still would be complaints about the selections

It is what it is, conf chamionships, head to head mean nothing. It's all about wins and number of losses and TV ratings. If you want to talk about special treatments look no farther than the rankings and bowl results SEC sucked,noway they deserved their lofty rankings during the season. The ACC better have 10 teams in the top 25 preseason polls . ;) Also if they made the playoffs 16 teams there still would be complaints about the selections
To me, 16 is way too many but there should be an 8 team playoff for sure.

I suggest a 12 team playoff. The conference champions and the next highest ranked (AP and Coaches Poll) teams (limit conferences to 2 teams maximum) make the playoff. The top rated conference champs that won their conference champion games get byes and play in 4 of the major bowls on NY Day. The next 4 conference champions play at their home stadiums against the last 4 teams on the second or third weekend in December. The winners go to the major bowls on NY Day (the losers go to other bowls). The other 2 major bowls get the national semi-finals (approximately 2 weeks later) and the national championship is played on the Saturday between the NFL Conference Championships and the Superbowl games. This does result in 2 teams having a very long season (possibly a 16 game season). But this would take the bias out of the playoffs.

Does anyone think the Big 10 actually had four of the top seven teams this year? It's still a rigged system!

Big 10 is over rated. every season. The media needs to stop sleeping with B10, especially Ohio and Michigan.

But you know the argument Hoos. Getting up for 1 bowl game is easy. But getting beat up week in and week out is another. Play the brutal SEC schedule and you would know. (Sarcasm free of charge).

ACC 8-3 with Clemson still playing.
Big 12 4-2
SEC 6-6 with Bama still playing.
PAC 12 3-3
Big Ten. 3-7

All Hail the ACC.....
There's a snippit attached from Andrea at ESPN today...all season long, the national media has said that the Big 10(4) East was the best division in all of college football.

The ACC went 5-0 against the Big 10(4) East this season, and the wins were over their top 5 teams (Pitt over Penn State, Clemson over Ohio State, FSU over Michigan, Wake over Indiana and BC over Maryland). I'd say that counts as a statement.

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/97771/all-hail-the-acc-the-new-king-of-bowl-season

wanna compare football dollars to basketball dollars?
Did you see the ACC got the lowest payout from their bowl tie ins compared to the other power 5 conferences.....why....because we are a basketball conference.

There's a snippit attached from Andrea at ESPN today...all season long, the national media has said that the Big 10(4) East was the best division in all of college football.

The ACC went 5-0 against the Big 10(4) East this season, and the wins were over their top 5 teams (Pitt over Penn State, Clemson over Ohio State, FSU over Michigan, Wake over Indiana and BC over Maryland). I'd say that counts as a statement.

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/97771/all-hail-the-acc-the-new-king-of-bowl-season[/QUOTE

5-1 Pitt lost to Northwestern (also lost their starting QB and RB during the game or I think they would have won in my opinion).

Yeah HOOS19NC just keep emphasizing ACC basketball so you can wear your 1 Hoo t-shirt to Starbucks on Saturdays.

I live near several Hoo fans. Every time I see them they start talking basketball. They never say anything about football.

I live near several Hoo fans. Every time I see them they start talking basketball. They never say anything about football.
And I've never met a Hokie that can talk about any sport but football. Real shame you boys don't appreciate the other athletes that are representing your school.

Yeah HOOS19NC just keep emphasizing ACC basketball so you can wear your 1 Hoo t-shirt to Starbucks on Saturdays.
Football had a great year in the ACC but ask anyone around this country and they will tell you ACC is the best Basketball Conference every year. Football finally had a year we can be proud of.....you boys need to accept this or move to the SEC so you can talk football all year. You finally got a good basketball team so if you need any help understanding the game let me know.....I realize you guys only know football. :cool:

Football had a great year in the ACC but ask anyone around this country and they will tell you ACC is the best Basketball Conference every year. Football finally had a year we can be proud of.....you boys need to accept this or move to the SEC so you can talk football all year. You finally got a good basketball team so if you need any help understanding the game let me know.....I realize you guys only know football. :cool:
You can explain the game to me after we play you and win. :)

Did you see the ACC got the lowest payout from their bowl tie ins compared to the other power 5 conferences.....why....because we are a basketball conference.
A few more bowl seasons like the one we just had and a couple more national titles and I bet that changes.

I think our basketball team had the flu last night. They could not hit a thing all night. NC State was on fire hitting about 70% from the field. That is crazy. Well hope this is wakeup call for our guys. You have to play every game like it was your last in the ACC. Any team can beat you on any given game. Our guys tried to fight back and pulled within 15 pts a couple of times but just couldn't stop NC State. Packed if you are reading this congrats.

Have to give props to the Pack, hard to get an ACC road win . Pack shot 70% in the first half. Packed ,about Dennis Smith do you think he is a one and done ?

Smith is really good but he's got that 1 move where he takes a hop between 2 defenders and then take 2 steps and lays it up. Me thinks that after a while the refs will call traveling.

Also, most teams will defend against him better the 2nd time around.

He makes every1 else better, he rebounds, dishes out assists, and scores . And was 3 or 4 steals short of a quad double

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT