ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Shane Beamer

I know they have brought Welsh in to consult this time but I worry no one will listen to him with Ollie around.
So Welsh wasn't competent enough to coach, but he's competent enough to pick a coach?

What sense does that even make?

Reactions: Salemite
As I have said many times, UVA isn't a football school. I doubt if anyone up there has any idea as to what they are looking for in a coach. I wonder if the Godfather is on search committee. When VT needed a coach, the AD went out and got one, with no committees or advisors. He knew what he wanted.

I was not be surprised if new Coach at UVA is Danny Rocco.

As I have said many times, UVA isn't a football school. I doubt if anyone up there has any idea as to what they are looking for in a coach. I wonder if the Godfather is on search committee. When VT needed a coach, the AD went out and got one, with no committees or advisors. He knew what he wanted.

I was not be surprised if new Coach at UVA is Danny Rocco.
Yea VT is so impressive....is Daisy Fuentes going to put the empty NC trophy case back in play.....LMAO.....what did you do with that Bass Fishing trophy?

Yea VT is so impressive....is Daisy Fuentes going to put the empty NC trophy case back in play.....LMAO.....what did you do with that Bass Fishing trophy?
I left it with your mom because I didn't have a twenty

HR I agree 100% on this post....real problem at UVA is Oliver, don't understand his role at all. Littlepage has shown he can hire good/great coaches but having Oliver involved with the football hirings has been a joke. Really thought he might get fired with London. I know they have brought Welsh in to consult this time but I worry no one will listen to him with Ollie around.
What good/great coaches has Littlepage hired. Baseball and basketball, but he missed twice in basketball and he certainly missed when he hired London without so much as interviewing anyone else. No wonder Oliver doesn't trust him to hire another football coach.

What good/great coaches has Littlepage hired. Baseball and basketball, but he missed twice in basketball and he certainly missed when he hired London without so much as interviewing anyone else. No wonder Oliver doesn't trust him to hire another football coach.
Oliver is the problem.

Hope no-one underestimates Shane's ability to become a HC. I think he knows how to do it but I hope he does it at Austin Peay or a like school first. I read somewhere that his dad has advised this for him as well.
A lot of explanations for what happened to us as a FB program. To me it boils down to coach Beamer easing up on the gas pedal at a time when he should have been pressing down on it. To me this happened about 11 years ago. At least that's when I first noticed it. Bottom line, there were a lot of things that went wrong like recruiting,personnel choices , and lack of effort but they all boil down to one thing.

Hope no-one underestimates Shane's ability to become a HC. I think he knows how to do it but I hope he does it at Austin Peay or a like school first. I read somewhere that his dad has advised this for him as well.
A lot of explanations for what happened to us as a FB program. To me it boils down to coach Beamer easing up on the gas pedal at a time when he should have been pressing down on it. To me this happened about 11 years ago. At least that's when I first noticed it. Bottom line, there were a lot of things that went wrong like recruiting,personnel choices , and lack of effort but they all boil down to one thing.
Shane will be a fine head coach. Hopefully one day it will be at VT.

I love Frank and miss him terribly, but this this this this this this this.

Bye Bye Shane.. he is a good guy. .but he did ruin our RB position. He wanted to do do WAAAY too much, to I guess prove that he is coaching but he made it too difficult. Find the best one no matter how many stars they had in recruiting and you give them the ball. And you tell the next guy to stand beside me on the sideline until that guy taps his helmet... Hite was a great RB coach and is very missed I never complained about him and I dont remember anyone calling for him to go.. we had a rep of RB getting drafted in first two rounds of Draft. It took Shane mid-season before he realized something most fans realized week 2. but we had to watch J.C. get 1.5 yards a carry and still watching FB at TB. His recruiting was not that great either. He pulled some OK talent to VT but part of our decline was because of downward trend in recruiting. I want the best for him but you get criticism when you earn it and no since in beating around the bush his job performance at VT is a C- to a D in my opinion.
Above his pay grade. Coordinator issue.

I don't know if we will ever know if Shane was a good RB coach or not. I think he spent all his time trying to appease too many people instead of coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT