ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina vs. North Carolina

South Carolina vs. North Carolina...Who are you for?

• Total voters
Wish Tech and NCSU were in the SEC...it would absolutely strangle the ACC and that Devil John Swofford....

I would consider rooting for UNCHEAT if they played the Criminal Tide and Nicky Satan.

I would absolutely pull for UNCheat if they played Nicky Satan and his cheating school.....good call Burg, glad to see you posting.

Remember there was 2 schools, who always voted no to our ACC membership. UNCHEAT and Duke. And a certain Virginia school was strong armed by Gov. Mark Warner to change their vote......................... Respect is earned not given

I'm for any ACC school in any game with a non-conference foe.
Really? Even the ACC schools that did not want you....wow...you would be welcomed in the SEC...
If I had my dreathers, I would take Tech and NCSU and move Mizzou to the west....
Would it not be more exciting to see UGA, UF, my Gamecocks, UT, coming to Lane than your current brethren...

I hope USC wins but UNC will likely pull it out. Im not sure Spurrier is working with much this year while UNC should be fairly solid.

It's always good to see UNC lose, except when they play UVA or Georgia Tech. I will be pulling for Gamecocks and the Ole Ball Coach.

I like our chances in this game. It will tell us a lot about both teams. I think our offense will be hard to stop. If we can stop the run and make an unproven QB have to pass to beat us it could be a long evening for the lamecocks. I also like our special teams. We'll see Thursday night. No excuses on either side, just win and move on.

As for pulling for conference brethren, I always pull for ACC teams against outside competition. Its good for your team if fellow conference teams play well against outside teams. A rising tide lifts all boats is trite but very true. I even pull for the wusspack against out of conference teams as hard as that is to do.

Good luck to VT against Ohio State. Be nice to see you duplicate last year's victory and shake up the football world to start the season.

As for SEC vs ACC, the ACC pretty well dominated the SEC at the end of last season. Georgia Tech beat Georgia, Clemson beat USuCks, Georgia Tech beat Mississippi State, Notre Dame (not an official ACC team but close) beat LSU, and SEC teams also lost to Ohio State, Wisky, & TCU. The SEC doesn't scare me, they're good but not unbeatable.

Let's play some football.

Reactions: SacrydDreamz
Gotta agree with you backstreetheel. Always pull for ACC brethren no matter what. Hope you win.

If VT beats Ohio (again). it will shake up the college football world, since most pollsters have already put Ohio in the playoffs, and most have already given them the national championship. before anyone anoints Ubran Meyer and Ohio, please let them play someone other than VT and Michigan State. They should play Alabama's schedule. the nreport back in at end of regular season.

Isn't it about time for Urbran Meyer to get "burnt out" again and retire again.

UNC def has a chance at this...USC-E's defense is supposed to be pretty bad this year, I doubt it will be UNC bad but it will be bad. Aside from that WR named Cooper I don't really know who else on their offense is expected to put up number. Obviously UNC's offense should be really good this year.

I'll take UNC is a shootout.

There are too many kids from my town on the Tarheels to make this choice easy for me. I wish for each of them to do well...but that usually means the team does well also.

I'm pulling for Tech to beat OSU....the only time I pull against Tech is when they're playing my Gamecocks or UT...I'm hoping for a ticket at Bristol raceway when Tech vs UT play next year..

Spurrier is definately a legend, but I think this comes down to whos new DC transforms their previously putrid defense the fastest in the off season, John Hoke or Gene Chizik. Also I have to give the QB edge to UNC. Williams seems like hes been at UNC for a decade while USC will be starting a new QB. I look for Hood to be a difference maker at UNC while Cooper should be a difference maker at USC. Athlon is predicting UNC by 7. Should be a good game. Im ready for some college football.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Spurrier is definately a legend, but I think this comes down to whos new DC transforms their previously putrid defense the fastest in the off season, John Hoke or Gene Chizik. Also I have to give the QB edge to UNC. Williams seems like hes been at UNC for a decade while USC will be starting a new QB. I look for Hood to be a difference maker at UNC while Cooper should be a difference maker at USC. Athlon is predicting UNC by 7. Should be a good game. Im ready for some college football.

You got a like from me just for this comment: "Im ready for some college football."

So am I. Let the games begin.

UNC was the better team but M.W. made some pretty stupid plays. Suck it UNC.

PS Conner Mitch is pretty terrible.

Am sorry to see UNC lose. I agree with VTHokie that UNC was the better team. I hate anything that justifies ESPN's mancrush on the SEC. Anytime we can beat an SEC I am for it. No matter who it is. We all want the ACC to be perceived as a stronger conference. Losing OOC doesn't help. I know the heartburn you have for UNC but I say that in the end we let the NCAA rule on the academic shenanigans and let the guys play on the field until such ruling.

Game was closer than I thought it would be. I thought South Carolina would beat the Cheats easily by at least 17.

Two crappy teams battled it out with UNC giving it away with poor decision making. Mitch, a kid from here in Raleigh, was horrible. USC's offense reminded me of ours the 1st year DD was our coach. We ran the Wildcat a ton because our QB was so bad. Gonna be fun to watch the implosion in Chapel Hill this year.

Reactions: SacrydDreamz
I get the whole, "We should cheer for the ACC so our conference gets respect" aspect, but to be honest, VT needs to worry about themselves. At the end of the day, unless you're playing for a NC or shot at the playoffs who cares? All VT can do is take care of their own business. The small amount of respect the conference gets by beating USC is not worth a UNC win IMO. Boo UNC.

Reactions: PACKed House
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT