ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina vs. North Carolina

South Carolina vs. North Carolina...Who are you for?

• Total voters
Like I said coaching or lack there of. Mitch Conner I suspect did what was asked of him. He didn't make mistakes to lose it in his first start. I would think they will start taking his training wheels off now.

Hood was running wild...but then the stupid UNC coaching staff benches him on 2nd and 3 at the goal line and throws the ball 3 straight times?

COACHING is why UNC is not worth a damn in football and never will be as long as this clown is running the show. No wonder Spurrier likes to schedule UNC every year...it's a guaranteed win no matter how much more talent UNC has.

We lost a very, very winnable game. Defense looked to be much improved. Chizik is the real deal as a D. coach. South Carolina will be better than they are getting credit for right now. But our 5th year senior QB had an awful night and we did not make key plays (like dropping an easy pick 6, too many silly procedural penalties from a veteran line, not getting on either of the S.C. fumbles).

You can't win against good team throwing 3 dumbass picks in the red zone, two in the end zone thrown right to the guy. We should have won by 10-14 points but give South Carolina credit they made the plays needed to win.

On the plus side while we don't have ALL the players needed for a top defense, we are much, much better. Having two 300# plus DT's that we didn't have last year helps but so does good defensive coaching. We also found a field goal kicker who can boot a 40+ yarder with the bright lights on.

We'll either use this and the next three games to prepare for the ACC Coastal race and get better or we'll let it ruin our season and stay a mediocre team.

BSH, you gave that game away. I'm going to hold off on Chizik though considering how terrible that Conner Mitch kid looked, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn last night. MW isn't nearly as bad as he played last night, but your play calling sucked.

I hate that old cliche line of, "they didn't win, we lost" but that's pretty much what I saw last night. I still see your defense getting torched by a half decent offense.

Am sorry to see UNC lose. I agree with VTHokie that UNC was the better team. I hate anything that justifies ESPN's mancrush on the SEC. Anytime we can beat an SEC I am for it. No matter who it is. We all want the ACC to be perceived as a stronger conference. Losing OOC doesn't help. I know the heartburn you have for UNC but I say that in the end we let the NCAA rule on the academic shenanigans and let the guys play on the field until such ruling.
I've got too much respect for myself to pull for UNC. I'm embarrassed they are a part of the same conference and if I could trade them for San Diego St, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT