ADVERTISEMENT

State of Hokie Sports

kcwashing1

New Recruit
Jul 18, 2006
Although football has suffered 2 back to back painful losses, I am less concerned about Fuente in the next 3 years. I believe the 3-star+ talent we currently have will lead to a recruiting upgrade beginning with 2020's play on the field and corresponding Dec. 2020 recruiting class. Looking to return to 10 win seasons for 2021 and 2022. The basketball team concerns me because of the mercurial aspect of the talent and shooting (across the NCAA) is so suspect. I am encouraged about the defense although athletic bigs are troublesome (and will continue to be for the next 2 years at least). UVA happens to to have multiple personnel that fit the bill and exposed us yesterday. Unless Bamisille is a four year starter talent (at minimum along the lines of Nolley), we could be out of the equation until 2024. Our defense should be respectable next year. They are (IMHO) surprisingly decent this year.

Had you told me UK would have 24 points going into the 4th, I would have thought they were up by at least a score.

Virginia Tech looked talented and young. You will lead the nation in returning starters against a susceptible ACC, in 2020. NYD6 is likely in your immediate future.

Had you told me UK would have 24 points going into the 4th, I would have thought they were up by at least a score.

Virginia Tech looked talented and young. You will lead the nation in returning starters against a susceptible ACC, in 2020. NYD6 is likely in your immediate future.
I was a little surprised at how we moved the ball against the Cats' defense. I'm not sure at the tail end of bowl season, we can continue to use our youth as a crutch. The VT issue will be the coaching changes. Will the changes be positive or negative. How will UK replace the QB? That's gotta be the biggest question. I have wondered if the Cats are pleased with Stoops as the head coach...

I was a little surprised at how we moved the ball against the Cats' defense. I'm not sure at the tail end of bowl season, we can continue to use our youth as a crutch. The VT issue will be the coaching changes. Will the changes be positive or negative. How will UK replace the QB? That's gotta be the biggest question. I have wondered if the Cats are pleased with Stoops as the head coach...

Cat fans get frustrated that Stoops dont throw the ball more. They are a fickle bunch. Win and hes a genius, lose and at least one thread will be started wanting him fired because he wont throw the ball more. Even against vandy and UofL when UK was rushing at will, there were some bitching about not throwing it more. Remember, UK is where the whole "AIR RAID" started with Mumme and Leach and a certain portion of the fanbase still want that or at least some sense of it. Not to mention UK has had some decent big arm QBs since. Myself, I liked the Bowden offense right up until they played VT. Running the triple option from the pistol formation? That was a damn thing of beauty against Vandy.
Myself, I think UK takes a step backward next year as they go back to their original offense with Terry Wilson. I just dont think hes the QB to get it done. Brilliant in some games but disappears in others.Year after next Gatewood becomes eligable. The Auburn transfer. That and this years big class getting acclimated to college and added depth and dont be surprised to see UK win the SECe that year. UK fans deserve success, they have wanted it for years and every time they get going in the right direction, the wheels fly off. Hopefully Stoops will stick around.

Cat fans get frustrated that Stoops dont throw the ball more. They are a fickle bunch. Win and hes a genius, lose and at least one thread will be started wanting him fired because he wont throw the ball more. Even against vandy and UofL when UK was rushing at will, there were some bitching about not throwing it more. Remember, UK is where the whole "AIR RAID" started with Mumme and Leach and a certain portion of the fanbase still want that or at least some sense of it. Not to mention UK has had some decent big arm QBs since. Myself, I liked the Bowden offense right up until they played VT. Running the triple option from the pistol formation? That was a damn thing of beauty against Vandy.
Myself, I think UK takes a step backward next year as they go back to their original offense with Terry Wilson. I just dont think hes the QB to get it done. Brilliant in some games but disappears in others.Year after next Gatewood becomes eligable. The Auburn transfer. That and this years big class getting acclimated to college and added depth and dont be surprised to see UK win the SECe that year. UK fans deserve success, they have wanted it for years and every time they get going in the right direction, the wheels fly of... Hopefully Stoops will stick around.
I'd forgot about Mumme
I'll be following because I thought the defense was impressive enough on paper to show a little better than they did throughout the season. I believe UK will definitely be interesting as a spoiler next year relying on the defense.

Myself, I think UK takes a step backward next year as they go back to their original offense with Terry Wilson. I just dont think hes the QB to get it done. Brilliant in some games but disappears in others.Year after next Gatewood becomes eligable. The Auburn transfer. That and this years big class getting acclimated to college and added depth and dont be surprised to see UK win the SECe that year. UK fans deserve success, they have wanted it for years and every time they get going in the right direction, the wheels fly off. Hopefully Stoops will stick around.

I have wondered if the Cats are pleased with Stoops as the head coach...

UK fans deserve success, they have wanted it for years and every time they get going in the right direction, the wheels fly off. Hopefully Stoops will stick around.

After a tough loss to UT, a poll on our most heavily trafficked site came in positive for Stoops 85-15, and we always have a few resident Card fans posing as Cat fans.

VT/UK Rondo is right about the Mumme Air Raid crowd: some became so enamored with 50 to 60 pass attempts per game they lost track of the real strength of SEC teams, or never really understood the importance of line play to begin with.

Kentucky actually has a strong and vocal core of football first (and only) fans, but whenever the Mumme ish fires back up, a lot of roundball fans come to his defense.

VPI fans might be interested to know that one of the more common references made about Mark Stoops is that he is becoming “our Frank Beamer!”

I met Coach Beamer very briefly at the 2016 Gator Bowl. One cool customer!!

After a tough loss to UT, a poll on our most heavily trafficked site came in positive for Stoops 85-15, and we always have a few resident Card fans posing as Cat fans.

VT/UK Rondo is right about the Mumme Air Raid crowd: some became so enamored with 50 to 60 pass attempts per game they lost track of the real strength of SEC teams, or never really understood the importance of line play to begin with.

Kentucky actually has a strong and vocal core of football first (and only) fans, but whenever the Mumme ish fires back up, a lot of roundball fans come to his defense.

VPI fans might be interested to know that one of the more common references made about Mark Stoops is that he is becoming “our Frank Beamer!”

I met Coach Beamer very briefly at the 2016 Gator Bowl. One cool customer!!
Not back company to be associated with...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT