ADVERTISEMENT

T.J. Thorpe to UVA

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
I saw that Thorpe is transferring from UNC to UVA, and can play immediately. Not a smart move on his part.

What can I say.....the young man wanted a real education not a fake one!!!!

That must be true, because he certainly did not transfer to get on a good football team. Heck, even UNC went to a bowl game.

Ding....Ding.....we have a winner!!!!! Nice leeanderthal, didn't think anyone would get it......

A diploma from UVA will look better on the wall than UNC even if it smells of perfume.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
Ding....Ding.....we have a winner!!!!! Nice leeanderthal, didn't think anyone would get it......
I didn't get it. Let me in on this humor. ??

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:

I didn't get it. Let me in on this humor. ??
I find it funny because the Hoo is making a joke about Jim Thorpe and Olympic sports, but many would argue he is better remembered for being the best all-around professional athlete ever in Football, baseball, and basketball, for the Jim Thorpe award given annually to the best defensive back in college, and for being the first president of the NFL (or whatever is was back then).

But I just have to remember that Hoos don't know what they are talking about when it comes to football, so I chuckle and move on to the next thread.

At least I made you chuckle.....you should never go a day without a good chuckle, you are welcome.

I may have figured out why Thorpe went to Hoos. He did not enjoy the bowl game UNC went to. Thus he got to thinking, "if I go to UVA, I will not have to worry about a bowl game".

HR.....I heard was considering VT but realized Brewer is the QB and knew that wouldn't work so well for him.

Get real....Bud won enough games to get a bowl despite Brewer and your OC.

Actually Birdie we could of had 2 more wins if the defense would of held ECU and GT in the last minute of the game.

Good enough to beat UVA and Ohio State the bed partner of the selection committee. I hope Oregon destroys Ohio State to somewhat keep some integrity in college football.

Congrats on beating UVA......nice accomplishment for sure.

Last game of the season, it was all either team had to play for, pride and bowl eligibility. Beating your instate rival is always an accomplishment. Our team was crap this year yet if you had beaten us the UVA boards would have been full of chest beating braggadocio.

If Hoos had beat us the players would have been talking manure about going to a bowl game .

But thankfully they sat home during bowl season as they do most years , where they belong.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:
If Hoos had beat us the players would have been talking manure about going to a bowl game .

But thankfully they sat home during bowl season as they do most years , where they belong.
That was their best chance for awhile. They lose a lot of players, we bring a lot back. They have a brutal schedule. Hoos will be lucky to win 4 games.

I agree with Smitty....Hoo's need to fire the nut job responsible for making the schedule. They should be playing Alabama's out of conference schedule and then we would have a chance to go to a bowl.....

I agree that Hoos have a fairly tough OOC schedule now. I guess the schedule maker wanted to make up for those years they played the likes of W&M. Richmond, Indiana, Idaho. I say W&M and Richmond because I recall one year I believe they played both.

We stopped playing the cupcakes because VT already had them locked up next year like William & Mary or Western Michigan takes an idiot to knock UVA's schedule when this is who you got.....

Counting their early departures UVA will lose 5 starters on both sides of the ball. Additionally they lose a lot of 2 deep guys. On defense their entire starting lb's are gone. D line should be OK though.
We also have a tough schedule this year.
I have UVA winnng three games but as Smitty said could be four.
We will enter the year just like last year with O line and QB questions . We have significant losses on D with two staring LB's and both safteys gone. Going to be very interesting playing OSU this year.

We stopped playing the cupcakes because VT already had them locked up next year like William & Mary or Western Michigan takes an idiot to knock UVA's schedule when this is who you got.....
Only thing that hurts VT's strength of schedule................ well you know !

Burg you are going to have to explain strength of schedule to HR, remember he is an SEC west fan.......they only play cupcakes out of conference.

ok I will try. HR, VT is like Ark and The Aggies, it's the in conf games that kill the strength of schedule. I seen where Gretna tried to strengthen their schedule , they dropped the Burg.

We also played and Beat Ohio State. And this year we play them again, play at Purdue, and at ECU.

In 2014 you played

UCLA
BYU
Kent State
Richmond

We played
OSU
East Carolina
W&M
Western Michigan.

You think UCLA and BYU are better than Ohio State and East Carolina? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT