ADVERTISEMENT

the Miami Game

hokieinc-ville

New Recruit
Jul 17, 2009
Stating the obvious, this game will define Tech's season this year. If Tech can muster any kind of running game to go along with Josh's efficient passing game, this one should go our way. That assumes a lot of things like our defense putting pressure on their quarterback and shutting down their running game.
At the very least, I hope we hope we don't have any turnovers so we don't have to see their guys jumping around with some dime-store gold necklace.

Stating the obvious, this game will define Tech's season this year. If Tech can muster any kind of running game to go along with Josh's efficient passing game, this one should go our way. That assumes a lot of things like our defense putting pressure on their quarterback and shutting down their running game.
At the very least, I hope we hope we don't have any turnovers so we don't have to see their guys jumping around with some dime-store gold necklace.
I can’t help myself hokieinc......if VT gets a turnover we have to see that 50 year old dented lunch pail.

Just one question have all three of you ever formally met in person? I pay my annual fee just to read how you guys go back and forth. Trust me, after some days of working with 10 and 11 year old all day a good laugh helps.

Just one question have all three of you ever formally met in person? I pay my annual fee just to read how you guys go back and forth. Trust me, after some days of working with 10 and 11 year old all day a good laugh helps.
I know HR6, good guy that loves VT, Liberty and the Cheating Bama boys.....would enjoy meeting Burg, we seem to have the same weird sense of humor. I enjoy the banter back and forth with these guys and many others on this board. Real shame the board seems to be about dead, kind of like that crappy lunch pail they force the players to carry at each game.

I know HR6, good guy that loves VT, Liberty and the Cheating Bama boys.....would enjoy meeting Burg, we seem to have the same weird sense of humor. I enjoy the banter back and forth with these guys and many others on this board. Real shame the board seems to be about dead, kind of like that crappy lunch pail they force the players to carry at each game.
I told Bud not to put grass from Scott Stadium in the Lunch Pail , we all have seen what it has done to the Hoo's football program ;)

Stay tuned , Black Friday is around the corner.

There is no comparison between talent level at Miami and VT, all thanks to Old Beamer who stayed around way longer than he should have. It is going to take JuFu a couple a more classes to restock to a point where he can complete with the likes of Clemson, Miami and FSU.

Why in the world did JF leave your starting QB in this game late.....wow.

Miami looks quick compared to VT
Miami looks like a better team like Clemson did. Can't beat many teams with 4 turnovers. But it could have been a whole lot worse and a more embarrassing loss to the gold chain bunch.

Why in the world did JF leave your starting QB in this game late.....wow.
I was thinking the very same thing. The kid was getting killed. Putting the backup (who also does not have much experience and can use some game experience) would have been better since the game was over early in the 4th qtr anyway.

Miami looks like a better team like Clemson did. Can't beat many teams with 4 turnovers. But it could have been a whole lot worse and a more embarrassing loss to the gold chain bunch.
It helps to tackle too. It looked like we forgot how to tackle tonight.

Reactions: kcwashing1
It helps to tackle too. It looked like we forgot how to tackle tonight.
You are right, I said during the game I never seen so many missed tackles by VT. I think that hurt more than the turnovers.....both teams turned it over a lot. VT looked to conservative while UM played aggressive, that in my opinion was the real difference. VT always seems to look tight in big games....

You are right, I said during the game I never seen so many missed tackles by VT. I think that hurt more than the turnovers.....both teams turned it over a lot. VT looked to conservative while UM played aggressive, that in my opinion was the real difference. VT always seems to look tight in big games....
All true. Our Pop Warner tackling lept right off the TV screen at viewers. Even my little granddaughter got mad about it.

Miami’s turnovers are actually all that kept the final score respectable. It was easily the worst team performance of the Justin Fuente era.

Wishing Miami luck against the Irish. Hoping Miami takes it to the Domers. Would be nice to see two ACC teams in contention for playoffs.

Reactions: Uswagpak
Great, now destroy UVA this week. Beat them so bad, they will not show up for VT-Boo Hoos game. I hate UVA so much, I actually pulled for Louisville last week, and I despise Louisville.

Great, now destroy UVA this week. Beat them so bad, they will not show up for VT-Boo Hoos game. I hate UVA so much, I actually pulled for Louisville last week, and I despise Louisville.
Looks like you are having issues after VT’s back to back loses.....

No issues, even though VT has already lost more games this year than I thought they would, this year and next , combined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT