ADVERTISEMENT

The WF Assistant had to have kicked himself after VT

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
For whatever foolish reason, we have the Wake Forest assistant giving away game plans in 2014. It has been acknowledged that one of VTs assistants at the time received the info. Now, here is the real "head scratcher" so hold on.......wait for it, wait for it.......VT LOST the game 6 to 3 in 2 OTs, LMAO!

Can you believe it? The guy from Wake who obviously wanted his team to lose must have been thinking to himself......."man, this has worked with every team I have given the game plans to and we have lost, but with VT, I give them the game plan and we still beat em, what a bunch of dumb as$@$." Folks, you know and I know what that guy had to be thinking after they (Wake Forest) won the game.

Back then, we put up a mighty 3 points and the pregame tips were not enough. In order for us to move the ball, we would have needed more help than just the game plan. We would have needed 10 men on the field each play by Wakes Defense.

How freaking embarrassing is it that Whit has to apologize for a game in which one of our former assistants took the game plan and tips, and when looking back, we still lost the game? You can not make this stuff up? Thank God for Coach Fu being here today!

P.S. I am hoping and have been hoping that the former staff was done, gone from BBurg, and that the damage could begin healing this year and no more damage could be done. Well........here we are, the gift that keeps on giving. The NCAA will say....."VT must forfeit the game." They will soon after realize and think to themselves, "Holy Crap, they actually lost that game 6 to 3, and in order to lose a game in which you have the other teams game plan, you have to have some real dumb as$@$ on staff, so we will leave it at that." LMAO!

I would say having the game plan helped the defense....they played great. Who was the coach that received the info?

for starters it wasn't an assistant coach but a former assistant who wasn't retained by Clawson, but he was given the color job on the radio team. Frank and Bud both have stated they knew nothing about it. Sounds like the former VT assistant kept it to himself. It will be interesting to see how this does turn out. I would like to vacate that loss:D

Stiney was on record during his career as saying that he didn't game plan around opponents' strengths and weaknesses. He admitted he showed up every week and ran the same stuff...and it either worked or it was the players' fault.

Pretty sure Swoffford is Trumps suckin cousin , they share the hypocritical gene

Same Stiney that's coaching in a national championship game Jan 7th ?

Lets break down the above statement that you made....
1. The word "coaching" is first. If we take the vagueness out of the word and carefully define it, we understand that Stiney is coaching at JMU as the tight ends coach. He is not the Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator. I just wanted to clear that up so there is no "confusion" or "misleading" of the audience.

2. The words "national championship game." For those with little time or who may not know, are we talking about Bama, OSU, Clemson, and Washington? That national title competition? The answer is no. We are talking about FCS. FCS being.....a level that is lower than Central Michigan or Georgia Southern or San Diego State or Marshall.

Conclusion: just wanted to clear up the above so everybody gets it. It kind of goes back to the old days when VT would lose a game 13-7, or in this case, take the Wake Forest game as an example as we lose 6-3. Some, not all, but some would say, "man, we win as a team and we lose as a team."<-----that statement is a vague generality or one that makes us all "feel good," but the fact is.....our defense was the usual in playing usually lights out, and our O was......."atrocious" on more than most occasions, and it was atrocious on most occasions for many years DIRECTLY because of that guy who is now in Harrisonburg, and the guy who allowed it to fester who is from Fancy Gap, VA.<------pretty cool town by the way. I own property there.

Last edited:
I would say having the game plan helped the defense....they played great. Who was the coach that received the info?

You bet man. Any reasonable person would agree to that statement. It's not like Foster has had good defenses or anything good historically. No question, our offense was a national powerhouse; therefore, the gameplan given to us certainly helped our D because as stated above, our D and Foster could certainly use the help. As for our O and moving the ball on the WF defense, no help was needed with a gameplan. We were an offensive powerhouse!

for starters it wasn't an assistant coach but a former assistant who wasn't retained by Clawson, but he was given the color job on the radio team. Frank and Bud both have stated they knew nothing about it. Sounds like the former VT assistant kept it to himself. It will be interesting to see how this does turn out. I would like to vacate that loss:D
You seriously think he kept it to himself.....Come on. LOL

Lets break down the above statement that you made....
1. The word "coaching" is first. If we take the vagueness out of the word and carefully define it, we understand that Stiney is coaching at JMU as the tight ends coach. He is not the Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator. I just wanted to clear that up so there is no "confusion" or "misleading" of the audience

2. The words "national championship game." For those with little time or who may not know, are we talking about Bama, OSU, Clemson, and Washington? That national title competition? The answer is no. We are talking about FCS. FCS being.....a level that is lower than Central Michigan or Georgia Southern or San Diego State or Marshall.

Conclusion: just wanted to clear up the above so everybody gets it. It kind of goes back to the old days when VT would lose a game 13-7, or in this case, take the Wake Forest game as an example as we lose 6-3. Some, not all, but some would say, "man, we win as a team and we lose as a team."<-----that statement is a vague generality or one that makes us all "feel good," but the fact is.....our defense was the usual in playing usually lights out, and our O was......."atrocious" on more than most occasions, and it was atrocious on most occasions for many years DIRECTLY because of that guy who is now in Harrisonburg, and the guy who allowed it to fester who is from Fancy Gap, VA.<------pretty cool town by the way. I own property there.
http://www.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?path=football#coaches_anchor tight ends coach and run game Coordinator there I cleared that up for ya so you wouldnt be misleading the audience. Running game looked pretty good against NDSU Friday night

You bet man. Any reasonable person would agree to that statement. It's not like Foster has had good defenses or anything good historically. No question, our offense was a national powerhouse; therefore, the gameplan given to us certainly helped our D because as stated above, our D and Foster could certainly use the help. As for our O and moving the ball on the WF defense, no help was needed with a gameplan. We were an offensive powerhouse!
I'm sure you didn't use the info....$25,000 says all we need to know.

ACC Swofford says all I need to know. Crooked as a bucket of fish worms. “I am deeply disturbed something like this would occur, and regardless of the degree of involvement, the protection of the competitive integrity of our games is fundamental to any athletic contest,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “Sportsmanship and ethical values are at the core of competitive integrity and in these instances, those were missing. The expectation, regardless of the sport, is that any athletics department staff members would immediately communicate with their supervisor if they are approached by someone from another institution with proprietary information

Last edited:
http://www.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?path=football#coaches_anchor tight ends coach and run game Coordinator there I cleared that up for ya so you wouldnt be misleading the audience. Running game looked pretty good against NDSU Friday night

LOL, you cleared it up so that "I" would not be misleading the audience? LMAO. I never made the original statement, YOU DID. And I appreciate you "clearing it up" a second time. You aren't angry or mad are ya? It seems you would be happy with just the facts and pointing out a statement that, "he is coaching in the national championship game" can be a bit deceiving and vague. Either way, I think we both cleared it up. As for JMU, you bet, they are a powerful running game. Did you see Northwest Missouri St and their running game? They also looked good. I have even been impressed with Hampton U's running game and also the running game of Ferrum. I am sure they are all well coached "at that level."

LOL. It's over. He's gone. Get it over it. A new "sharrriff" is in town, and the future is sweeeeetttt.

P.S. Since you brought Trump into the equation and politics, I guess the timing of my statement above applies to that situation also. There is a new "sharriff" in town. Time to move on and get over it, otherwise, I will really piss you off and change my name to LucusPutin. LMAO:) Now that I think about it, I have noticed that people that are generally "dumb" can carry over the "dumbness" to any category and are quite versatile at it. I am not talking about you of course 1bburg. I like the Blacksburg INDIANS as well. Hopefully "Indians" didn't offend ya. I want to be "sensitive" with ya.

Last edited:
You seriously think he kept it to himself.....Come on. LOL

It does not matter "if Coach Beamer knew." We are not talking about Penn St and child rape. The fact is, ANY staff member on the VT side that accepted the tip makes VT guilty, regardless of whether it was the Head Coach. Well, even if he did not keep it to himself and the entire coaching staff knew, it makes it that much more comical. Well, at least on the offensive side. On the defensive side, the mighty Bud Foster does not need "no stinking game plan." He da man. Like I wrote, even if Lefty would have told Beamer, it's likely that Beamer does not remember or simply told Lefty, "I don't know jack shi% about offense and having the other teams gameplan is useless to me and makes it that much more complicated." LMAO. Finally, there is no getting past one thing......we lost 6-3. Do you want VT to forfeit? LOL, ummmmm ok, VT forfeits. We forfeited anyway with an offense that put up 3 points in 4 quarters and 2 overtimes. The forfeiting already occurred that day.

Last edited:
lol what me mad, I haven't been mad since the Indians stopped onside kicking. And how about those UNPRESIDENTED 4 state titles and 1 runner up out of 5 sports. Now on a sensitive note Happy Winter Solstice on the 21st

So, wait, wait, wait...let me get this straight...the ACC fines VT and Louisville $25K apiece and lectures them about ethics...but UNC can hold imaginary classes for decades for hundreds of alleged "student" athletes and they never say a word about it? If a lowly assistant coach receives one game plan, it's a major ethical dilemna, but if UNC blatantly cheats their asses off for decades, it's not?

What a f'n clown show the ACC is.

So, wait, wait, wait...let me get this straight...the ACC fines VT and Louisville $25K apiece and lectures them about ethics...but UNC can hold imaginary classes for decades for hundreds of alleged "student" athletes and they never say a word about it? If a lowly assistant coach receives one game plan, it's a major ethical dilemna, but if UNC blatantly cheats their asses off for decades, it's not?

All cheating will be penalized in due time...VT's just came sooner.

Bingo...Yahtzee...You sunk my flag ship! What a damn hypocrite! Swofford is such a POS!

Hoos,

Do you really believe UNC will get punished? You are a dreamer. Too much brand money there . . . part of the too big to fail mentality. No . . . they skate. And Swofford is about as hypocritical as they come.

How does Swofford still have a job as ACC Commissioner ? Fining VT and Louisville, is putting VT in same class as Louisville. When the day comes that VT lowers itself to Louisville's standards, is the day the school should close down.

How does Swofford still have a job as ACC Commissioner ? Fining VT and Louisville, is putting VT in same class as Louisville. When the day comes that VT lowers itself to Louisville's standards, is the day the school should close down.
Do you think VT will open up again after Christmas break HR.....

Yes. We are not in Louisville's class when it comes to ethics and academics. Louisville is at or near bottom when ethics are scored.

Hoos,

Do you really believe UNC will get punished? You are a dreamer. Too much brand money there . . . part of the too big to fail mentality. No . . . they skate. And Swofford is about as hypocritical as they come.

So true. I would love to see VT go in the SEC. Do I really give a flying sh** about academic reputation of my conference? The answer is NO. I don't. You can have a lackluster academic conference with a couple of solid academic schools such as the SEC and Vandy, Ole Miss, and University of Florida. Virginia Tech would be the same way. I hope we go someday in the SEC. I truly do.

I would like to go to SEC to "get out of the Big East". The ACC watered down conference by adding Syracuse, BC, Pittsburgh and Louisville. Schools that are not in ACC "country". I remember when there was pressure for BCS to drop Big East's automatic bid to a BCS Bowl because conference was so far behind the others. Then ACC brought all those BE schools into conference, along with the stupid Notre Dame deal.

If VT went to SEC we would get rid of former Big east schools, along with Georgia Tech, who I do not like.

I think you guys would be a good fit in the SEC. VT is one of the names I hear often whenever the expansion rumors swirl up.

lol what me mad, I haven't been mad since the Indians stopped onside kicking. And how about those UNPRESIDENTED 4 state titles and 1 runner up out of 5 sports. Now on a sensitive note Happy Winter Solstice on the 21st

Hey 1bburg, to each is their own, even though I am not a participant, Happy Winter Solstice. As long as we both love the Hokies and pay taxes, Solstice in the winter or summer is fine with me. With that written, I am still going to take a leak on a big Oak tree if I am out in the woods and don't have indoor facilities.

just don't do it in Stadium Woods , I don't anyone charged with insufficient exposure during the holidays. May the force be with Yule

I would like to go to SEC to "get out of the Big East". The ACC watered down conference by adding Syracuse, BC, Pittsburgh and Louisville. Schools that are not in ACC "country". I remember when there was pressure for BCS to drop Big East's automatic bid to a BCS Bowl because conference was so far behind the others. Then ACC brought all those BE schools into conference, along with the stupid Notre Dame deal.

If VT went to SEC we would get rid of former Big east schools, along with Georgia Tech, who I do not like.
Based on your showing so far in the Belk bowl VT would struggle Big in the SEC...

Nice win, but I have to say I've never seen a bigger choke job.
Agreed...but VT also deserves some credit. We've been a very, very strong 2nd half team all season.

If anything, I posted at halftime that a really good team would've been up by more than 24 points given the way VT played in the 1st half. To only be down by 24 and with the way both teams have played in the 2nd halves this year, it wasn't over...but it probably should've been. It certainly wasn't still a game due to anything that VT did in the 1st half.

Agreed...but VT also deserves some credit. We've been a very, very strong 2nd half team all season.

If anything, I posted at halftime that a really good team would've been up by more than 24 points given the way VT played in the 1st half. To only be down by 24 and with the way both teams have played in the 2nd halves this year, it wasn't over...but it probably should've been. It certainly wasn't still a game due to anything that VT did in the 1st half.
Bud will always get credit from me, one of the best. Evans is a good QB but his running is VT's best offensive weapon. Don't understand where the RB's are? Ford is the real deal and should probably go Pro, Bucky just doesn't impress me with NFL hands, maybe as a TE. I thought the DB's played the best game I've watched them play this year. JF is a good coach and VT is lucky to have him. Only question mark remains can he recruit the talent he needs to take VT to the next level...only time will tell.

Don't forget you just came back to beat a 3-5 SEC team....not exactly the cream of the crop.
We've lost to much worse during past bowl no-shows, so I'll take it.

I posted some eye-opening stuff earlier in the season comparing VT halves and games against common opponents for some teams like Clemson and such, and here's tonight's nugget...

Arkansas supposedly played the toughest schedule in the history of the world...so of all those top tier opponents, who beat Arkansas by 35 points in a half this year? TCU? nope, 13 pts. Texas A&M? nope, 21 pts. Alabama? nope, 18 pts. Ole Miss? nope, didn't win a half. Auburn? nope, 28 pts. Florida? nope, didn't win a half. LSU? nope, 14 pts.

Arkansas definitely had some 2nd half troubles this year, but this was still the biggest ass-whipping anyone's laid on them all season, including all of those SEC ranked teams plus Bama.

This VT team can't get out of its own way at times, but when it does, it's really, really good. There have been spurts of play this year that have rivaled anything that Clemson and Alabama have done. It's not there consistently enough like it is with those other teams (and hence why they are in the playoff and VT isn't), but it's been there in spurts and has been all year. We gotta work on that consistency, though. We can still play ugly enough to lose to Syracuse, so that's gotta improve.

Arkansas is in SEC but they are not a typical SEC team. They are not to be confused with Alabama. Georgia. Auburn. Florida. LSU.Ole Miss.

I like SEC but I do not like Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT