ADVERTISEMENT

These officals are absolutely awful

I agree Sunny...I don't know why we aren't getting him involved more. Is he not geting open or something? I don't get it. Kid is a star.

Again, I'm no coach but I'd be having him practice vertical jumps for three 2 min sessions and rebounding lobs from the qb bball style 20 min every day with 4 dbs defending him on a 15 ft island. One wet dog shake from this behemoth upon re-entry to the atmosphere and defenders would look like shrapnel.

Reactions: VTHokie1001K
He caught that one ball and like bounced off and ran it for another 20 yards...of course then he had that drop but whatever....get him involved!

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
The refs took one Hodges touchdown away on BS ref call that nobody saw and the 'targeting call' was Horrible. As badly as VT played on offense and defense, could've come back and tied if not for the disgraceful officiating! Refs sucked as much as VT did!

Not enough men on the line of scrimmage. The targeting call was bad. The PI on Clark simply didn't happen. He never made contact with the receiver, nor did he attempt to.

http://imgur.com/UazmPpO

The Refs were bad, had they been good refs , VT would have won. But like someone mentioned earlier, VT should have beaten ECU so bad, the refs couldn't throw the game.
Those refs should be investigated by the NCAA and have their whistles and flags taken away, and fired as NCAA refs. There is no excuse for refs that crooked to be calling college football. Why they wanted ECU to win is beyond me.

The Refs were bad, had they been good refs , VT would have won. But like someone mentioned earlier, VT should have beaten ECU so bad, the refs couldn't throw the game.
Those refs should be investigated by the NCAA and have their whistles and flags taken away, and fired as NCAA refs. There is no excuse for refs that crooked to be calling college football. Why they wanted ECU to win is beyond me.
LOL.....good job HR, I knew you wouldn't let me down on the refs!!! I feel sure Nicky Satan had the game rigged so his criminals wouldn't have to face VT in the playoffs.

Not know who rigged it, but someone did based on some of the calls.

There are too many flags at all levels of football. If infraction doesn't affect play and give one team an advantage,keep flag in pocket.

The PI was awful but the strip and fumble recovery by Alexander was even worse. The targeting PF and the PF on Teller after our TD were atrocious as well. The illegal formation was a good call.

Even then, that was a bad football team. We had no business playing that close of a game even with the calls and breaks going against us. That wasn't even close to the level of play we need to be at.

They were awful. Couldn't believe the push off the announcers saw by VT with their receiver that set up a touchdown. Also the ridiculous penalty on ECU late on a fourth down conversion up 2 touchdowns that would have sealed the game. Williams never touched the guy. BTW we won in Blacksburg last year in the worst officiated game in football history, you would have been down 35 -0 at half if not for the officials. Grow up you got your butts kicked two years in a row, now you whine like little old ladies.

The refs were from AAC (former Big East), thus they wanted ECU to win to make AAC look good, and pay VT back for leaving Big East. In the future VT should refuse to play any AAC schools, unless NCAA insures the refs are honest.

Grow up you got your butts kicked two years in a row, now you whine like little old ladies.
Butts kicked? LOL. Please make sure you guys send Bucky Hodges a Christmas card this year. And thanks for sending Michael Brewer one last year!

They were awful. Couldn't believe the push off the announcers saw by VT with their receiver that set up a touchdown. Also the ridiculous penalty on ECU late on a fourth down conversion up 2 touchdowns that would have sealed the game. Williams never touched the guy. BTW we won in Blacksburg last year in the worst officiated game in football history, you would have been down 35 -0 at half if not for the officials. Grow up you got your butts kicked two years in a row, now you whine like little old ladies.
Don't get too excited about beating VT two years in a row. ECU would have never done that to the VT of old. It only shows how much our program has fallen. Everybody knows that good football programs don't lose to ECU two years in a row. Hopefully this will be the wake up call for our AD to really get serious about moving the Beamer retirement along. And yes, that was the worst officiating I've ever witnessed. I never complain about officiating but this is the first time ever I've seen a game that I truly think we would have won if the officiating had been fair. I wouldn't be shocked if we eventually find out that this game was fixed.

Last edited:
Don't get too excited about beating VT two years in a row. ECU would have never done that to the VT of old. It only shows how much our program has fallen. Everybody knows that good football programs don't lose to ECU two years in a row. Hopefully this will be the wake up call for our AD to really get serious about moving the Beamer retirement along. And yes, that was the worst officiating I've ever witnessed. I never complain about officiating but this is the first time ever I've seen a game that I truly think we would have won if the officiating had been fair. I wouldn't be shocked if we eventually find out that this game was fixed.
A conspiracy theory is coming on officiating......stay tuned, I believe it will either be Nicky Satan or the UNCheats behind it.

Hoos these guys sound like 8 year olds on a playground. They keethumpinng your chest you haven't fallen, people just punch you back in the mouth now. UNC y can't get into school. Last I heard they have had plenty of those over the last 20 scandle ridden years

Actually the mysterious ECU qb fumble/interception, the major push off your receiver had to set up a td, phantom receiver pick where we would have gone up 17 or 21 with the 4th dwn, works both ways. The most horrific officiating in history was last year in Blacksburg and we still defeated you on your home field. You haven't fallen , you are just getting punched back in the mouth. Glad to take your lunch money again, whine on.

Hoos these guys sound like 8 year olds on a playground. They keethumpinng your chest you haven't fallen, people just punch you back in the mouth now.
Uh huh. Enjoy squeaking by a mediocre team while you can. Once we address our lame duck coach issue we'll start another 10 out of 11 streak over ECU again. We're down right now, but ECU will always be ECU.

Last edited:
Actually the mysterious ECU qb fumble/interception, the major push off your receiver had to set up a td, phantom receiver pick where we would have gone up 17 or 21 with the 4th dwn, works both ways. The most horrific officiating in history was last year in Blacksburg and we still defeated you on your home field. You haven't fallen , you are just getting punched back in the mouth. Glad to take your lunch money again, whine on.
You can't be serious right now. That game was horribly officiated against VT and I am the last one to ever say anything about officiating.

The interception fumble didn't matter at all. The ball was hit regardless and it would have been are ball. As for the push off, don't be ridiculous. Your defender had no idea where the ball was and it was incidental contact. Considering we got called for PI when NO contact was made at all, you really shouldn't be talking about that.

The officiating was more in the Hokies favor last year but it wasn't even remotely close to how one-sided this game was. Your TD to tie the game at 14 was off a phantom PI and your next TD to take the lead happened after you clearly fumbled the ball and we clearly recovered the ball. You got the same call (On the 4th down TD catch) that we didn't get against Michigan and got a first down off an absurd targeting penalty.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Hoos these guys sound like 8 year olds on a playground. They keethumpinng your chest you haven't fallen, people just punch you back in the mouth now. UNC y can't get into school. Last I heard they have had plenty of those over the last 20 scandle ridden years

Lol, yeah, the ebb and flow of dominance in football is determined by people miraculously making the simple discovery that as long as you 'punch the other team in the mouth' they can't win more than 6 or 7 games a year on average. Get real. This program is an absolute shell of its former self, and you losers at your directional vocational school are still excited about beating us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT