ADVERTISEMENT

These players opting for the NFL draft:

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
shouldn't hire an agent and just test the waters. Because I didn't hear their names called that much while in school. If they didn't star for us, what makes them think they will get drafted early?

William's I can understand because it's his last game possible but the WRs are concerning.

Nobody from VT's team made the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd All-ACC team! I wonder why anyone would leave early for the NFL draft?

Because they think they are NFL material. This was part of the problem, players thought they should be starting when their play clearly shows they were not ready.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
I am not a fan of players that "opt-out" of the bowl games (or any games if healthy). If you are healthy you should stay on the team until the end of the season. In another post, I explained my 12 team CFP and why it is important to NCAAF and includes all Conference Champions (so more players have a chance to compete and show their skills in competitive games). Why have bowl games and the best players "opt-out". Maybe the fans should "opt-out" of all the games for a season or two (non-covid seasons).

I dont like it but kids aren't going to risk the chance of being drafted to play in bowls that really dont matter. The way of the world. I kinda see both sides. Alot of these guys been hurt off and on all year.

I am not a fan of players that "opt-out" of the bowl games (or any games if healthy). If you are healthy you should stay on the team until the end of the season. In another post, I explained my 12 team CFP and why it is important to NCAAF and includes all Conference Champions (so more players have a chance to compete and show their skills in competitive games). Why have bowl games and the best players "opt-out". Maybe the fans should "opt-out" of all the games for a season or two (non-covid seasons).
I remember when Barty Smith from U of Richmond played in that bowl game where the college all-stars played the pro team. He blew out his knee. He played 4-5 years but was never the same. They couldn't fix them then like they can now. And even now I've seen players (Marshawn Williams I think from VT) give up college ball after tearing his ACL the second time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT