ADVERTISEMENT

This Preseason Hyped team AT BEST WOULD..

RB4

Freshman
Mar 7, 2004
Finish 4rd in the Eastern Division of the AAC. This is what our program has come to.. I know it is a sin to criticize the defense on this site. I did it last year and got into it with lucus because the stats showed otherwise but they are horrible. Just be real. Cant rush, cant tackle, cant cover.. This has been all year. I thought the group was a bit sloppy last year as well so this is becoming a trend in my eyes. Recruiting has fallen off the last 4 years and it is showing.. Why exactly did we keep stiney again?? ... anyway.. yeah. A bowl is going to be hard to get to and we quit playing for national championships, we quit playing for Acc championships,and 10 win season, hell we quit playing for division crowns.. We are not giving everything we have to make a mid December Bowl. Not going to call any players out because I think it is more of the coaches than anyone. I will praise 2 players in particular Travon McMillan and Isiah Ford are ballers, and Travon could have one of the top seasons of a Tech running back if he had the right RB coach and OC. I want to know everyone's honest opinion do you guys see any changes at all after the season? I know Frank wont fire his son.. but maybe SL? will Babcock do the unthinkable?

I don't think Beamer will be in a position to fire his son by the end of this season.

I don't think Richrod is a possibility. I hope not anyway. He is a religious beliver in the 3-3-5 defense and it lost him the Mich Job. It is not designed to stop the run at all! and he does not believe in any other way. The best situation for VT would be to try to get with bud and Torrian Gray and get them involved in the process. Those two are great coaches and would like to keep them on board if possible. Bud if not offered the job might tell us to shove it and in that case oh well.. good bye. but if he is involved in the process and we find a good coach with an offensive background known for putting up points and we can somewhat keep our defensive staff that would be a win!

When time arrives for a new coach, I have a good idea who it will be, but I refrain from saying who right now. But if one will do their homework they can come up with same name as I did.

HR6 IDK anymore man... my dreams tell me Mike Tomlin....hahaha.. I just want a exciting hire that will instantly spark recruiting because that is what will improve tech coupled with effective coaching.

When time arrives for a new coach, I have a good idea who it will be, but I refrain from saying who right now. But if one will do their homework they can come up with same name as I did.
I seriously doubt Nicky Satan comes to VT.....

If he's getable. With all the schools we have to compete with right now he is going to be in the catbird's seat.

Wouldn't that be a lovely thing? Like taking the homecoming queen to pleasure point. The only way that's happening is if we made a move now, installed an interim and made hella waves marketing our "desire" as a fanbase for the rest of the season; plane banners, billboards, etc. Going to take the fanbase organizing because the admin is clean, unlike some other schools I'm sure who will reach out clandestinely, and we'd be left in the settling dust in Jan-Feb. The cold truth though, is it's gonna be hard to beat out USC or Miami on a big time coaching gig for any guy who loves the spotlight.

Saban is approaching 64.... Won't we have the same argument in a few years. I doubt is he can recruit the same as he does Alabama. Look at spurrior at S C unless we offer a Augusta membership with the deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT