ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Roanoke Times

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
Good article by Andy Bitter on VT's win over Ohio State. VT's win wasn't really an upset at the time. Makes one wonder where that team disappeared to after the game. We should have never lost to the teams we lost to, none of them.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
Also shows the amazing turnaround OSU made after the lose....
Possible, but if Oregon beats them by 30 tonight, I will still say tosu wasn't that good and neither is Bama. I don't know if the wiscy win was a dive on wiscy's part or not, but there sure is a lot of chatter about it. It's the MSU win that really kills that theory. It's pretty much any given Saturday anymore in college football.

I'm rooting for the Buckeyes because we beat 'em and will play 'em next year at our house as possibly the defending national champs.

As for the dive by wisky. remember a wisky was on selection committee. little 10 had to find way to get a team in playoffs . whisky wanted little 10 in playoffs . Do the math. then selection committee goes and coaches in bowl game . and whisky beats a good team in bowl game.

Heck, it's just like VHSL. Get in playoffs and who knows what can happen. In 2011 Gretna made playoffs as 5 seed I believe, and pulled several upsets and won it all. Even though they won it , Ohio was not best team in country.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

Heck, it's just like VHSL. Get in playoffs and who knows what can happen. In 2011 Gretna made playoffs as 5 seed I believe, and pulled several upsets and won it all. Even though they won it , Ohio was not best team in country.
National Championship trophy in Columbus proves they are...VagTech plays one great game in a decade...Ohio State plays one bad game in a decade...just happened that they were on the same night...55-13 beat down coming to the gobblers this next season.

Originally posted by Robosu:
Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

National Championship trophy in Columbus proves they are...VagTech plays one great game in a decade...Ohio State plays one bad game in a decade...just happened that they were on the same night...55-13 beat down coming to the gobblers this next season.
I'm looking forward to playing the #1 team, the ohiah st u, next season

Somebody is still a little butthurt from the loss at the horseshoe earlier in the season...I guess watching us stumble to 7-6 and a NC trophy couldn't make you feel any better about it.

The best team in the country DOES NOT LOSE TO A 7-6 TEAM.

Ohio State is not best team in country. If they were they would have not lost to a team that lost to Wake Forest.

That trophy should have "thanks selection committee" engraved on it. Ohio State should not have even been in playoffs.

I'd forgot about that. Anyone who says Ohio State is best team in the nation, does not know football. Just the luckiest and on receiving end of gifts.

Ok I'll bite HR.....who was the best team if not OSU? This should be good.....

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
Ok I'll bite HR.....who was the best team if not OSU? This should be good.....
I will wager he says Texas A&M or Ark. , the only OVER RANKED SEC west teams that didn't get their behinds handed to them in the bowls .

Sabin wants QB's that behave like robots. I think he hired Kiffen to put some life in his O. They were somewhat better this year but have a ways to go. Their team was not as good this year. The D had some weaknesses that they could not overcome in the end. Sabin < Meyer. Meyer tends to burn himself out bt he can coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT