ADVERTISEMENT

TSL

Feb 8, 2015
Been a member of TSL for many years. Banned yesterday for questioning the current BB team's and coach's ability. Freedom of speech is dead on that board. RIP.

welcome to the leper colony. we don't drink kool-aid here

roll.r191677.gif

I quit that board many years ago when all they had was thread after thread whining about sugar cookies and uniform colors.

That's the whiniest board I've ever seen of any kind.

Originally posted by VT73:
Been a member of TSL for many years. Banned yesterday for questioning the current BB team's and coach's ability. Freedom of speech is dead on that board. RIP.
I want to talk about your comment...

I think it is a bit early to question whether Buzz Williams can coach or not based on the lineup that we have. We have the lowest talent out of any team in the ACC.

This program was awful and finished in the cellar 3 straight years before Buzz Williams became head coach. Look at Tom Crean's first 3 years at Indiana. This team has that type of talent right now - our best players are freshmen.

What do expect us to do against FSU when they have three 7'-0" players?

Originally posted by vtpmt81:

Originally posted by VT73:
I want to talk about your comment...

I think it is a bit early to question whether Buzz Williams can coach or not based on the lineup that we have. We have the lowest talent out of any team in the ACC.

This program was awful and finished in the cellar 3 straight years before Buzz Williams became head coach. Look at Tom Crean's first 3 years at Indiana. This team has that type of talent right now - our best players are freshmen.

What do expect us to do against FSU when they have three 7'-0" players?
This team has played much better as the season has progressed. Not uncommon to be running 5 guards at once. I like the talent he has coming in.

I don't know enough about Buzz to know if he can win an ACC title but I do believe VT will see big improvement over the next few years. I believe it would take 3-4 years for any coach to move from bottom half of the league to the top half. I would bet VT gets to the middle of the ACC as soon as next year, getting in the top 4 will take 2-3 more years if he even gets there. If he continues to have good recruiting classes, sky's the limit, but getting the best talent away from the KY and Dukes of the world will be tough on any coach. Bennett has done it with kids that fit into the system he coaches, but he has yet to bring in a top recruiting class. I don't know what system Buzz wants to run so I'm not sure what kind of kids he is trying to get, does he want to run or bring in some bigs and play half court? I'm sure some gurus on here know him a lot better than I do......never was a Marquette fan so I didn't watch him much.

From what I know about basketball, if Buzz cannot get it done, we may as well drop basketball. I can't see getting anyone in Blacksburg, USA better than him.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

From what I know about basketball, if Buzz cannot get it done, we may as well drop basketball. I can't see getting anyone in Blacksburg, USA better than him.
I don't think there's any doubt he can coach at an elite level, and frankly I can't believe anyone would question his ability if they knew his record.

LOL...dont take it personal. This might be the only board I havent been banned on yet and Ive probably come close
more than once here. Back during the Tubby era at UK I stayed in the "penalty box" on my own board.

Yeah, TSL is one big, obnoxious echo chamber. When it's not a virtual frat house filled with stupid jokes and board tropes that only "in" people get, it's a bunch of overly sensitive grown men piling on to the one or two dissenting voices there might be. The community there is a joke. They're still living in o&m la-la land.

That said, I do think you're nuts regarding Buzz. Certainly not a ban-worthy opinion, but the dude can coach and I think he'll prove it next year. The team has already improved tremendously. The win/loss column isn't the only metric for improvement -- especially for a team that is essentially nothing but guards playing in a league like the ACC.

TSL is a joke. No press pass or credentials? There's a reason

Agree, no free thought or debate outside of towing the party line. They do not allow any type of free speech that disagrees with the views of Will. Most of the board monitors there are pretty good and I know one of them well, but the problem is Will. Any contrary view or challenge to the system is considered to be flaming or they say you are just repeating your post over. If you post every 5 minutes and write that Beamer is the greatest coach of all time, then you are on the up and up on TSL. There is a reason Will has not had press credentials for so long. He may have them now, but forever and a day, he was not taken serious. There is a reason for that. This is why I post on hokiehaven. You can have debate and dialogue and discussion.

Re: TSL is a joke. No press pass or credentials? There's a reason

Sounds like the Saber Board of our neighbors to the north. I visited that a couple times, and it was just Hoos kissing each others donkeys.

Re: TSL is a joke. No press pass or credentials? There's a reason

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

Sounds like the Saber Board of our neighbors to the north. I visited that a couple times, and it was just Hoos kissing each others donkeys.
happy0007.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
I don't know enough about Buzz to know if he can win an ACC title but I do believe VT will see big improvement over the next few years. I believe it would take 3-4 years for any coach to move from bottom half of the league to the top half. I would bet VT gets to the middle of the ACC as soon as next year, getting in the top 4 will take 2-3 more years if he even gets there. If he continues to have good recruiting classes, sky's the limit, but getting the best talent away from the KY and Dukes of the world will be tough on any coach. Bennett has done it with kids that fit into the system he coaches, but he has yet to bring in a top recruiting class. I don't know what system Buzz wants to run so I'm not sure what kind of kids he is trying to get, does he want to run or bring in some bigs and play half court? I'm sure some gurus on here know him a lot better than I do......never was a Marquette fan so I didn't watch him much.
I agree with your timeline for Buzz. Neither Buzz or Bennett are going to take talent away from KYs Dukes or UNCs, but they are both doing a great job of coaching. As far as Buzz's coaching ability I'm not sure I've seen better at VT and really don't know why anyone would question his coaching ability after what he's already done and what we've seen this year. When he gets more and bigger players, with his coaching style, VT's going to be a handful for the rest of the league to contend with. I'm confident he will slug it out with the top 4 routinely when all his pieces are in place, but that really comes down to the players he can get to come to VT and he still has some recruiting to do.

Originally posted by mrjolly01:
Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
I agree with your timeline for Buzz. Neither Buzz or Bennett are going to take talent away from KYs Dukes or UNCs, but they are both doing a great job of coaching. As far as Buzz's coaching ability I'm not sure I've seen better at VT and really don't know why anyone would question his coaching ability after what he's already done and what we've seen this year. When he gets more and bigger players, with his coaching style, VT's going to be a handful for the rest of the league to contend with. I'm confident he will slug it out with the top 4 routinely when all his pieces are in place, but that really comes down to the players he can get to come to VT and he still has some recruiting to do.
Monitor, monitor!!! Could you please kick these two off the board? What's their offense you ask. Making sense, isn't it obvious? Seriously, good posts.

Duke fans agree and see Buzz's potential in this link:

Originally posted by HeaksManley:
Yeah, TSL is one big, obnoxious echo chamber. When it's not a virtual frat house filled with stupid jokes and board tropes that only "in" people get, it's a bunch of overly sensitive grown men piling on to the one or two dissenting voices there might be. The community there is a joke. They're still living in o&m la-la land.

That said, I do think you're nuts regarding Buzz. Certainly not a ban-worthy opinion, but the dude can coach and I think he'll prove it next year. The team has already improved tremendously. The win/loss column isn't the only metric for improvement -- especially for a team that is essentially nothing but guards playing in a league like the ACC.

ACC Roundup - Buzz Williams Set To Revitalize Virginia Tech
This post was edited on 2/10 10:29 PM by hokie.nole

Buzz was a good coach at MU. And fans will be way more patient with him than they were with JJ for some reason. JJ come in to just as bad of a team,and was told "here ya go" and got fired after 2 seasons. JJ was not the answer at coach but they knew that before they hired him. Now VT is slightly better than last year but VT did lose to Radford but like I said, the fan base will be more paiteint with Buzz and he will have the 5-6 years to get a team built his way. But he is not at MU anymore, saying he is a good coach because of his MU days does not work. The buisness of college athletics is one of "what have you done for me lately"?
This post was edited on 2/11 4:12 AM by RB4

First things first...been a member of TSL for over 15 years. I have no problems with that site. I was a payed member of this site up to two years ago, only One reason I quit being one, l shared that with Jason and now just check this side out.And I'm real careful about posting here. I'm a payed member of another site and enjoy It also. All these sites has rules and sometimes a Mod can be person that puts his personal opinion in making decisions. And If anyone has found fault in Buzz Williams and his coaching at VT, then maybe they do need a "time out".CARRY ON

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT