ADVERTISEMENT

UNC NCAA Playoff Loss

leeanderthal

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2006
After all of the swipes I have taken at UNC for their massive cheating scandal and the NCAA for their negligence in the handling of the same this is going to seem a little strange to some of you folks but here goes:
I feel very sorry for the UNC BB players for their recent loss. They played their heart out and I can't help but believe that they were screwed by the officiating. The game would have and should have been won by UNC had the stripes been just a little more fair in their officiating. In my opinion, it stunk.
I still hate the school for what they have done and how they have handled the situation. I don't care for their coach because I believe that he is loaded with plausible deniability for protection and will use it regardless of the truth.
I haven't changed my feeling about the NCAA who is either living in a vacuum or just too selfish to care. A UNC loss in the finals of the playoffs would not change the money the NCAA derives from the playoffs but a UNC win would have been another thing altogether. They are already catching a lot of deserved flak for the way they have handled a situation that would now have produced a national champion. The loss actually helped the NCAA dodge a bigger bullet. Just my opinion guys.

This game was lost by the UNC bigs before they ever got off the bus. I was shocked at the total lack of effort from the entire group until there was about 4 minutes left in the game. Totally pathetic.

I've seen less standing around doing absolutely nothing at a wedding.

Hats off to the UNC guards, though, They darned near won it anyway.

After all of the swipes I have taken at UNC for their massive cheating scandal and the NCAA for their negligence in the handling of the same this is going to seem a little strange to some of you folks but here goes:
I feel very sorry for the UNC BB players for their recent loss. They played their heart out and I can't help but believe that they were screwed by the officiating. The game would have and should have been won by UNC had the stripes been just a little more fair in their officiating. In my opinion, it stunk.
I still hate the school for what they have done and how they have handled the situation. I don't care for their coach because I believe that he is loaded with plausible deniability for protection and will use it regardless of the truth.
I haven't changed my feeling about the NCAA who is either living in a vacuum or just too selfish to care. A UNC loss in the finals of the playoffs would not change the money the NCAA derives from the playoffs but a UNC win would have been another thing altogether. They are already catching a lot of deserved flak for the way they have handled a situation that would now have produced a national champion. The loss actually helped the NCAA dodge a bigger bullet. Just my opinion guys.
I do agree with you they may have got the short end on some calls during this game, however after all the favorable officiating UNCHEAT and Duke have received over the years in the ACC, I can't feel sorry for them. As for the last second defeat in couldn't have happened to any better group of fans. The thrill of victory and the agony of decheat ;)

Yeah a few calls went against UNC but in my experience, the refs overlook many calls and just call the serious ones on the more aggressive and hustling team. And Villanova busted their tails all night on D.

Did you guys notice the Villanova point guard matched up against the Carolina big man in the paint on many possessions? Well UNC hardly ever took advantage of the mismatch because the ball handlers had a Villanova man in they face all night a so that they couldn't recognize the mismatch.

Blasphemy.....

Feel sorry for UNC? They should not have been eligible to participate in the first damn place! They got their NOA last summer showing they have been cheating to keep athletes eligible for decades. The whole UNC brand "The Carolina Way" was built on a foundation of cheating! But instead of self sanctioning, they decided to game the process and "found" a couple of minor issues to report...extending the NOA process...so that their loaded team could still play in the tourney. They won in 1993 with ineligible players...they won in 2005 with ineligible players...they won in 2009 with ineligible players...2016? Who says these kids did things the right way? UNC? Gimme a damn break! Karma is a beyotch!

I feel same way about Louisville. I hope NCAA slams them hard, then stomps them. Louisville is a scumbag school, that should have never been invited to ACC. Having sex parties to aid in recruiting should be reason for death penalty for basketball program.

I understand all the angst against UNC and the school officials and and coaching staff and everyone of you should know by now that I share that feeling. I am not talking about any of that. I realize they played prior games with great illegality involved and I wasn't defending any of that either.
If you have read any of my posts you know I cannot stand the school or the head BB coach. I am also fully aware of the preferential treatment they have received in the ACC from the stripes. I have no truck with that. I am only saying that I think they lost that game for a reason and I have questions regarding that reason. You differ with my opinion and I respect that but I see it diferently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT