ADVERTISEMENT

UNC probationed by SACS. Punishment blow one delivered.

Well the BB tournament will be over by then. Also this years BB and FB classes will be all signed up. When they get through with this (If they ever do) one of those guys at UNC could write a book on how to play the NCAA.

Lol. What a strategy. Never quit committing violations so they can never close the investigation. That's gold, Jerry, gold.
That's exactly what I thought too, keep uncovering lil cheats and delay their punishment indefinitely ;(

UNC is throwing women's basketball under the bus to protect football. What probably needs to happen is NCAA ban every UNC sport from post season for 3 years. This will get their attention and maybe they will clean things up.
But NCAA will drag it out at least 3 years before punishing them, and then it will just be probation.

UNC is throwing women's basketball under the bus to protect football. What probably needs to happen is NCAA ban every UNC sport from post season for 3 years. This will get their attention and maybe they will clean things up.
But NCAA will drag it out at least 3 years before punishing them, and then it will just be probation.

Actually HR...they are throwing Women's BBall, and anything else they can grab (including academics), under the bus to protect Men's BBall. They know that basically every BBall game UNC has played since 1990 has had someone ineligible on the court. They know the scheme was setup for/by Dean Smith. The Wainstein report showed that, of the first 25 kids found to be in these fake classes, 22 were Dean's boys. And during Dean's last 8 years, the numbers in the report were...

Enrollments in Bogus Classes by Sport

Men's Basketball - 54
Football - 26
Women's Basketball - 2
All Other Sports - 0

(per Wainstein report and SACS)

Actually HR...they are throwing Women's BBall, and anything else they can grab (including academics), under the bus to protect Men's BBall. They know that basically every BBall game UNC has played since 1990 has had someone ineligible on the court. They know the scheme was setup for/by Dean Smith. The Wainstein report showed that, of the first 25 kids found to be in these fake classes, 22 were Dean's boys. And during Dean's last 8 years, the numbers in the report were...

Enrollments in Bogus Classes by Sport

Men's Basketball - 54
Football - 26
Women's Basketball - 2
All Other Sports - 0

(per Wainstein report and SACS)
I agree with you as to what UNC is trying to protect and appreciate the data Packed but now they are not even liable to answer the NCAA until mid November . This is unless they come up with still another violation to report. This leaves the NCAA until mid January with a response which I'm willing to bet doesn't happen for one reason or another.

When all is said and done I just hope football gets punished to where they are no longer a factor in the ACC.

HR, uncheat is not really a factor in ACC football anyway; they just manage to sweet talk/lie/recruit some Virginia kids that VT wants.

I don't see how football can escape punishment. Any recruit who rejects VT and signs with UNC is almost as dumb as those who reject VT and go to Hooville. All need a mental evaluation or recruiting violation investigation

HR, that's harsh. Apparently, some recruits like to stay home with their families during the football bowl season.

I guess some kids enjoy going to a one trick pony school.....we all have our issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT