ADVERTISEMENT

UVA - VT Predictions

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
I know you guys had a tough one today but we may as well get it started.......Beamer 24 London 17. Go Hoos!!!!!

I predict mass suckage on both sidelines. But I do believe that UVa sucks just a tad worse.

This will be a tallest midget contest.

Reactions: Hokie81
I know you guys had a tough one today but we may as well get it started.......Beamer 24 London 17. Go Hoos!!!!!
UVA 27 VT 20. I am not convinced our current defense can stop anybody and our offense is beyond pathetic with SL as our OC. I hope I am wrong about the score.

I predict mass suckage on both sidelines. But I do believe that UVa sucks just a tad worse.

This will be a tallest midget contest.
I got to tell you I laughed out loud when I saw "mass suckage".... Describes UVA football under London to a tee!!

Reactions: Hokie81
Wow! UVA beat Duke! I'm impressed. Gonna be tough for us at their place as they have pay-back for many years on their minds and they are playing well.

I predict VT 31, UVA 28

Reactions: hokiegobbler00
On paper game should be 45-21 in favor of VT, but game has to be played on field. I think Bud can stop UVA offense, but key will be whether or not we are conservative as usual on offense. If we have fullback carry ball 12 times again, we lose. We have to run ball with tailback and throw ball down field. Plus not kick field goals or punt. Score TDs.

And hopefully have a good crew of Refs.

HR we are not conservative on Offense. It just looks that way because we are not very good. On paper UVA has the best team and the home field advantage. This is a lot to overcome and our record of overcoming has not been the greatest this year.
We have a shot because of the circumstance of the game so I will pick the Hokies by a hair.

I think our chances for extending our bowl streak ended with Laffler's lame play calling in OT against UNCheat. And someday UVA has to win a game. This looks like the year it will happen. 28-20, UVA. Laffler will be remembered as the OC that ended Beamer's winning streak and bowl streak and UVA streak.

I think our chances for extending our bowl streak ended with Laffler's lame play calling in OT against UNCheat. And someday UVA has to win a game. This looks like the year it will happen. 28-20, UVA. Laffler will be remembered as the OC that ended Beamer's winning streak and bowl streak and UVA streak.
I was reading this morning that there is 40 Bowls meaning 80 teams have to win 6 games. The projection right now is they may be 5-8 teams short, meaning some 5 win teams will be bowling. I can't imagine some bowl doesn't take Beamer and extend his streak. So I believe VT will go bowling win or lose.

Why break a long standing Thanksgiving tradition? VT 17 - UVA 14. I would love to see UVA send Beamer off with no bowl game ... but that ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: hokiegobbler00
I was reading this morning that there is 40 Bowls meaning 80 teams have to win 6 games. The projection right now is they may be 5-8 teams short, meaning some 5 win teams will be bowling. I can't imagine some bowl doesn't take Beamer and extend his streak. So I believe VT will go bowling win or lose.
Hmmm....bowling at 5-7. That's going to be a heckuva bowl. If that happens we will need to footnote that in Laffler's legacy.

Georgia Tech went to a bowl a few years ago with a 6-7 record. (they lost ACC championship game)

I just want a VT bowl game, regardless of record.

If I recall correctly, when JMU upset VT a few seasons ago, VT did not punt. I was going to leave game if VT punted.

I did get mad and leave the bowl game vs. Rutgers in Orlando because VT punted so much. I believe I left in 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter.

If I recall correctly, when JMU upset VT a few seasons ago, VT did not punt. I was going to leave game if VT punted.

I did get mad and leave the bowl game vs. Rutgers in Orlando because VT punted so much. I believe I left in 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter.
You need to get to this game early because you will not be there long.....

We sure as hell are punting. And a lot. I'll stay just as a thank you to Frank. It sure hell won't be because of the product on the field. There will be a lot better games on TV, trust me.

I like Coach Beamer, but sometimes I think he rather punt than get a first down.
I think Beamer would elect to punt when winning the opening coin toss if it were an option. I bet it bugs the heck out of him that he has to wait through 3 offensive plays every game before he can get one off.

HR we are not conservative on Offense. It just looks that way because we are not very good. On paper UVA has the best team and the home field advantage. This is a lot to overcome and our record of overcoming has not been the greatest this year.
We have a shot because of the circumstance of the game so I will pick the Hokies by a hair.

That's an awesome statement, and very accurate.

"we are not conservative on Offense. It just looks that way because we are not very good."

Lol. That is the best description of our offense I have ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT