ADVERTISEMENT

VT is 14th in Playoff Standings

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
It's looking more and more like the loss to Syracuse could cost us a playoff spot. If we had won that game we'd probably be around 5, 6 or 7 right now.

Should of, would of, could of. I am thinking the last few games are exposing weakness in Hokieland. The win against Duke certainly was not impressive. I simply do not believe we are competitive enough to be in consideration for a playoff spot. No way are we ready for that. To be honest, I think if we were to play UNC again they would beat us. We just need to play the game and win the rest of our games - starting with this weekend. If we do that going to the ACC championship game would be a great accomplishment for year 1. I think that Clemson would destroy us but at least we would have that extra game to prepare for bowl game.

I think we could beat Clemson. Clemson is not as good as they were last year. They have dodged a couple of bullets this year.

It would be a total embrassment to lose to those sorry programs. GT runs a chicken ______ high school offense and their coach is a total _________ .
UVA is UVA.

Should of, would of, could of. I am thinking the last few games are exposing weakness in Hokieland. The win against Duke certainly was not impressive. I simply do not believe we are competitive enough to be in consideration for a playoff spot. No way are we ready for that. To be honest, I think if we were to play UNC again they would beat us. We just need to play the game and win the rest of our games - starting with this weekend. If we do that going to the ACC championship game would be a great accomplishment for year 1. I think that Clemson would destroy us but at least we would have that extra game to prepare for bowl game.
As Duke proved tonight, this is an impossible league to predict. We do have the advantage of home games with both GT and UVa. There are no walk overs in the ACC anymore, especially if you are on the road. Duke played tonight like they did against us, UNC was up 14 - 0 early. I thought our D did just as well as UNC's, maybe better. Another thing, they keep talking about how Duke is missing their starting QB, the Freshman has really stepped up and looking better all the time. Don't think they're missing too much there. Cutcliff is a great coach, makes you wonder if he'd jump at the right chance to go to a big school(ND?).

I don't think Cutcliff would leave Duke for Notre Dame. I believe he is too smart to make that move. ND is one of most over rated schools in NCAA. It's a trap for a lot of coaches. Look at how many have gone there since Lou Holtz looking to lead golden doomers to promised land.
I wish the ACC would cut their ties with Notre Dame. No school in Indiana should have anything to do with ACC.

I don't think Cutcliff is going anywhere. At his age he will be happy to field a really good Duke football team every year until he hangs it up. He lost his no 1 RB and his stating QB this year. He has improved a ton during the season.
We have not looked good against the rush of late so I'm hoping that Bud can come up with a D that will stop GT. I think he will.
We would beat UNC if we played them again. Maybe now the ACC sportswriter along with the pole voters will put us above UNC. Gotta beat GT.

I think we could beat Clemson. Clemson is not as good as they were last year. They have dodged a couple of bullets this year.

Playoff spot? Get real.. have you watched this team the last few weeks? Looked terrible tonight and are lucky we are not 5-5 after last two weeks. Playoffs? Whatever.

We do seem to be getting worse on both sides of the ball as the season goes along.

But I agree with HR6...Clemson isn't nearly as good as they were last year. Counting tonight's game, Clemson should be a 3 loss team right now.

Looks like JF has trouble getting his team up to play teams VT should beat....
I've been shocked at how bad the game plans have been in a couple of games this year. On both sides of the ball.

The offense was bad tonight, but VT still should've won this game 20-0. 6 in the box against GT just blows my mind. Who on earth does something stupid like that?

At the game tonight, we were walking back past Cassell and were talking about Buzz and, so far, how his teams have progressed the last two seasons. And how he always has his teams working so hard every game, Usually has them prepared and they get better with time. Can't wait to see some games this year. The football season has been so up and down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT